It only takes a moment for a driver to turn his eyes or attention away from the road ahead and crash into someone or something. He might not notice that a car has stopped, or he could veer into another lane of traffic.
A Lubbock distracted driving accident lawyer from our firm could help you go after compensation for your losses if someone else’s carelessness caused your injuries. The legal beneficiaries might be eligible for additional money damages if someone died in the collision.
How Much Money Can I Get if I Got Hurt in a Collision Caused by a Distracted Driver?
If you got hurt in a crash in the Lubbock, Texas, area because a driver did not pay attention to the road, you might wonder if it would be worth it to pursue the driver for compensation. We cannot state a dollar figure without first talking to you and investigating your case.
Every injury claim is different. Even if someone else got hurt in the same collision, the harm they suffered could be quite different from yours. The amount of money damages you can pursue will depend on the facts of your situation.
Here are some of the categories of compensation people can go after for distracted driving accident injuries:
- Lost wages if you missed paychecks due to the accident, your injuries, and recuperation time.
- Diminished earning capacity if you cannot make as much money as before because of impairment from your injuries.
- Past medical costs for the treatment you needed for your injuries. This category can include things like the ambulance, emergency room, hospital, x-rays, doctors, diagnostic procedures, lab tests, blood transfusions, physical therapy, and prescription drugs.
- Future medical expenses if you will need ongoing medical procedures because of the collision.
- Rehabilitation facility costs if you need specialized care for severe injuries like spinal cord damage.
- Pain and suffering for the physical discomfort and emotional distress of getting injured in the accident.
- Other intangible losses like disfigurement for extensive scars or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
These items represent only a few of the types of losses a person can experience after a distracted driving crash.
For a free legal consultation with a distracted driving accidents lawyer serving Lubbock, call 800-777-7777
How Can I Afford Legal Help?
You do not have to spend your life savings to seek justice when a distracted driver causes a collision that injures you. We handle personal injury claims on a contingency-fee basis, which means that you do not have to pay any upfront legal fees. You also never pay out of pocket.
We wait until the end of the matter, when you get a settlement or award, to get paid our legal fees. These fees come out of the financial award you receive. We do not get paid unless you win. We handle payment this way because we care most about our clients seeing justice served to them and achieving the best outcome for them.
Many victims of car crashes are immediately put in a tough financial spot, and we do not want to make matters worse for them. We are here to relieve stress, not add to it.
Lubbock Distracted Driving Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-777-7777
Reasons to Work with Our Lawyers
Here are three good reasons for working with one of our attorneys on your personal injury claim:
- When one of our lawyers handles your injury case, you get to focus on your health and wellbeing. We fight your battles for you.
- With one of our lawyers going to bat for you, the multi-billion-dollar insurance company will not get to gang up on you. These massive corporations have thousands of employees who work all day long to find ways to pay injured people as little money as possible.
- Your personal injury lawyer from our team can help you avoid the pitfalls you could fall into innocently that could hurt the dollar value of your claim. For instance, your attorney can explain to you how posting photographs or comments on social media could get twisted and used against you.
These examples are but a few of the reasons you might want to let a professional take care of your accident injury claim.
Click to contact our Personal Injury Lawyers today
What Happens if I Delay in Taking Action?
You could lose the right ever to hold the negligent person accountable if you wait too long to file a lawsuit. Negotiating with the insurance company does not extend the time limit.
Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 states that you generally only have two years to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit. If you miss the deadline, the law cannot help you. It is best to allow one of our lawyers to get to work on your case right away. The more time they have to fight for you, the better.
We want to build a strong case for you. To be on the right track, we need to preserve and analyze evidence and get in touch with witnesses immediately after your car crash. We do not want vital evidence to be gone or for witnesses to no longer remember the accident clearly.
It is not favorable to procrastinate taking action; reaching out to us or having a family member do so, however, can help you.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call in the Strong Arm if You’re Seeking Justice and Fair Compensation in Lubbock
You can talk to a lawyer at Loncar Lyon Jenkins who handles Northwestern Texas distracted driving injury cases. We are happy to offer a free initial consultation with no obligation.
You do not have to go through this stressful time on your own. You can call in the Strong Arm of Loncar Lyon Jenkins to fight for you and to go after the compensation you deserve. We have helped thousands of people who got hurt because of the carelessness of others.
Call (800) 777-7777 today to get your case evaluation at no charge.