Drivers may need to adapt the way that they drive to environmental conditions, driving more cautiously in surroundings that are less than ideal, and potentially very dangerous. When a motorist proceeds without caution in conditions that may be more likely to cause vehicle collisions, they may be exposing themselves and others to an unacceptable level of risk.
If you or a loved one was injured in an accident caused by a driver’s lack of reasonable caution, then a Lubbock accident caused by failure to heed changing weather or road condition lawyer may be able to help you. Call in the Strong Arm by calling Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 877-239-4878 for a free consultation about your accident.
The Weather Can Be a Factor in Vehicle Accidents
The U.S. Department of Transportation’s Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) lists the weather conditions that could potentially impact the safety of a given road. Some of those conditions are:
- Pavement that is wet, whether due to rain or other factors, which accounts for about 78% of weather-related accident injuries
- Actively falling rain, which was a factor in an average of 556,151 crashes each year between 2007 and 2016
- Pavement covered in ice
- Pavement covered in snow
- Pavement covered in slush
- The presence of fog, which may decrease visibility of the road and other vehicles
Conditions that may be present because of certain weather conditions, or independent of certain weather conditions, may also affect the safety of driving on a certain road. Per the FHWA, some of those conditions include:
- The presence of wind, and the speed of any wind gusts in the area where you are driving
- The temperature and humidity level in the area where you are driving
- The temperature of the road itself
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) provides guidance on how to operate a vehicle in adverse weather conditions. Their advice includes:
- Generally reducing your speed, which may be a key determinant of whether you are in an accident and how serious an accident is
- Reducing your speed by 1/3 on wet roads and by 1/2 or more on snowy roads
- Being especially cautious around curves when driving in dangerous road conditions
- Being hyper-alert to potential hazards near the road, such as pulled-over vehicles and work crews
In addition to these precautions, you may choose to call the National Weather Service for information about road conditions where you are headed. You may be more prepared to adapt your driving to conditions if you have a reasonable idea of which types of weather you may encounter.
Drivers who cause an accident because they do not take weather-related precautions may be liable for their lack of care, and a Lubbock accident caused by failure to heed changing weather or road condition lawyer could help you seek compensation for your losses.
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 877-239-4878 for details of how a lawyer could assist you or a loved one after a weather-related accident.
Who May Be Liable for a Weather-Related Accident
Speaking with a legal professional could help you figure out who is responsible for the accident that harmed you or your loved one. Some of the candidates to assess for liability include:
- Any driver who was operating their vehicle dangerously and caused your accident as a result
- A municipality, or another entity, responsible for the condition of a road
- A vehicle manufacturer if a vehicle’s design contributed to your accident
- A mechanic whose work may have caused some type of vehicle failure
- A parts manufacturer whose product contributed to your accident
- A vehicle assembler if a vehicle involved in your accident had a non-design-related defect
A driver may be responsible for your accident even if they took some precaution related to weather, such as reducing their speed. Even if they are not responsible, one or more other parties could owe you compensation for your losses.
For a free legal consultation with a failure to heed changing weather or road condition accidents lawyer serving Lubbock, call 877-239-4878
A Lawyer May Initiate Any Necessary Lawsuit
You may initially pursue compensation for a weather-related accident through insurance. Some reasons why you may not be able to obtain fair compensation through insurance include:
- Auto insurers, which Yahoo! Finance notes made approximately $285 billion in revenue in 2019, may be determined to not pay you fairly for your losses
- You and parties involved in your accident may have differing accounts of the accident
- The amount of insurance compensation that an insurer offers may not cover the losses that you or your loved one has sustained
A lawyer may initiate a lawsuit for you if it becomes clear that insurance is not a way for you to obtain the compensation that you deserve.
Your Lawyer Can Handle Your Legal Needs
A lawyer may guide your lawsuit to completion while you focus on your recovery after a weather-related accident. Some of the steps that a lawyer may take with respect to your lawsuit include:
- Establishing liability
- Identifying all defendants
- Filing your lawsuit in the appropriate court
- Gathering evidence
- Collecting witness accounts
- Re-interviewing witnesses when necessary
- Hiring expert witnesses to provide testimony on your behalf
- Negotiating a settlement
- Completing a trial if necessary
- Protecting your rights from potential violations
A lawyer who negotiates a settlement on your behalf or obtains a favorable judgement may secure compensation for:
- Your medical expenses
- Your pain and suffering
- Your lost income related to your accident
- Any physical disfigurement you have suffered
- Any harm to your earning power
- Any other losses originating from your weather-related collision
Your accident-related losses could be substantial, and hiring a lawyer may be one way to seek coverage for the harm that you have experienced.
Lubbock Failure to Heed Changing Weather or Road Condition Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today
Consider the value of having representation from a Lubbock accident caused by failure to heed changing weather or road condition lawyer. Such a lawyer may defend your rights and seek compensation for your accident-related losses. Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 877-239-4878 for a free consultation about the legal services we may provide you or your loved one.