Traffic signals may:
- Alert drivers on how to proceed, and how not to proceed, in order to maintain order on the road
- Generally keep motorists from colliding
- Keep motorists from colliding with pedestrians
- Be a non-negotiable aspect of driving safely and legally
Motorists who do not obey traffic signals, or who are not completely aware of what traffic signals mean, can put themselves and others at risk of serious and potentially fatal injury. If you or a loved one was injured by a motorist who failed to heed traffic signals, a Lubbock accident caused by failure to obey traffic signals lawyer could help you seek compensation.
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 877-239-4878 for a free consultation about your accident and possible lawsuit.
Know the Importance of Traffic Signals
The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) provides a detailed guide to the many different traffic signals that exist, all of which are important to know. Road signs encompass a number of different meanings and purposes, and may denote:
- Upcoming changes in the shape of the road, which may include sharp turns or winding paths
- An upcoming railroad crossing
- The upcoming presence of road workers on or near the roadway
- The mandatory need to stop (stop sign)
- The mandatory need to yield (yield sign)
- When making a U-turn is illegal
- When a street is a one-way roadway
- When it is illegal to go straight or turn at an intersection
- When it is illegal to park, ride a bicycle, or cross the street
- Directional instructions, such as exit signs
These signs tell motorists, bicyclists, and pedestrians what they can do, what they cannot do, and what they must do in order to stay within the law and ensure that others are safe from unpredictable behaviors.
Traffic lights are traffic signals that are critical to follow, as running a red light or remaining at a stopped position at a green light could result in:
- A head-on collision
- A side-impact collision
- A rear-end collision
- Another type of collision
Generally speaking, obeying traffic signals is not optional. Following traffic signals is a legal mandate, and motorists who cause harm in the form of an accident because they disobey or fail to learn the meaning of traffic signals may be held responsible in various courts of law.
For a free legal consultation with a Failure To Obey Traffic Signals Accidents lawyer serving Lubbock, call 877-239-4878
Determining Who Is Responsible for Your Accident
Texas Statutes Title 7 Chapter 544 states that “the operator of a vehicle or streetcar shall comply with an applicable official traffic-control device” unless:
- A traffic operator advises them to do otherwise
- They are driving an emergency vehicle, such as a police car or ambulance
If the person who caused your accident disobeyed a traffic signal either just before your collision or at the very moment of your accident and did not fit within the two above exceptions, they may be responsible for the negative outcomes of your accident.
In addition to the driver who caused your accident, responsible parties could also include:
- A municipality if a road sign was in poor condition, was not visible, or was placed in a way that made it difficult to see
- A municipality if a traffic signal such as a traffic light was out of commission and there was no official at the intersection to direct traffic
- Any individuals whose actions contributed to your accident
- A vehicle or vehicle parts manufacturer if their product contributed to your accident or failed to protect you from the effects of your collision as they should have
- The employer of any driver who disobeyed a traffic signal and struck you or a loved one while they were operating their vehicle in a professional capacity
A Lubbock accident caused by failure to obey traffic signals lawyer may be able to help you identify each of the parties who may be responsible for your accident. Call in the strong arm by calling Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 877-239-4878 for a free consultation.
Lubbock Failure To Obey Traffic Signals Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
A Motor Vehicle Accident May Cause Substantial Harm
When motor vehicles collide, or a motor vehicle strikes a pedestrian or bicyclist, the potential for harm may be high. Some of the factors that may impact the severity of your accident include:
- The speed at which the vehicle that struck you was traveling at the time of the collision
- The angle at which the vehicle struck you or your vehicle
- Whether the driver made any attempts to avoid a collision, such as swerving or braking
It is possible that a collision of any kind can cause significant harm. This may include serious injuries, and possibly fatal injuries. Some of the injuries that may come from a collision include:
- Broken bones
- Deep cuts
- Injuries to your eyes, which could cause partial or complete blindness
- Spinal cord injury
- Traumatic brain injury, which could come in the form of a concussion or more serious injury
- Whiplash, an accident-associated condition explained by Mayo Clinic
The type and severity of injury that you or your loved one suffered during a collision could determine the ways in which your injury impacts your life. You may experience adverse changes in:
- Your money, from time that you are forced to miss from work, as well as medical expenses
- Your mental strength and health
- Your physical abilities and strength
- Aspects of your appearance
These sort of losses may be the crux of any lawsuit that you bring against responsible parties.
Contact our Lubbock Failure To Obey Traffic Signals Accident Attorneys today
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today
A Lubbock accident caused by failure to obey traffic signals lawyer may handle any insurance claim or lawsuit that you would like to bring in response to accident-related losses. Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 877-239-4878 for a free consultation about pursuing justice against somebody who put your health or life at risk.
Do not wait to call, as you may have a limited time window in which to pursue compensation.