Lanes exist to guide drivers, and to prevent them from veering unknowingly into other vehicles on the road. When drivers knowingly or unknowingly cross from one lane into another in a dangerous manner, the possible outcome can be an accident resulting in injury or death. When this happens, those harmed by an improper lane change may be able to collect compensation through a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit.
Calling the team for a Lubbock accident caused by improper lane changes lawyer could be a step towards receiving the compensation that you may deserve after a collision. Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 877-239-4878 for a free consultation about seeking justice after an accident caused by somebody else.
What Makes an Improper Lane Change
A study from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) (see: Overall Summary, p.vii) notes some of the behaviors that may be critical to making a safe lane change. Important factors may include:
- Where a driver looks before changing lanes, which may include their rearview mirror, side mirrors, and over their shoulder to check for blind spots
- Whether a driver makes any necessary braking motions while merging or just after merging
- Whether a driver changes lanes in a way that is smooth, does not require overcorrection, and does not put other motorists at risk
- Whether the driver engages their turn signal before changing lanes, alerting other motorists of their intent to move from one lane into another
Conversely, an improper lane change may be caused by several possible mistakes. These could include:
- Failing to yield to oncoming traffic when merging into a lane of traffic from an on-ramp, a parked position, or another position where yielding may be required
- Failing to check blind spots before changing lanes
- Changing lanes without using a turn signal
- Drifting into another lane where a vehicle is present without intending to change lanes
- Attempting to merge into a lane where a vehicle is present for any reason
Some of the possible outcomes of an improper lane change may include:
- A direct collision between two vehicles
- A vehicle in an occupied lane having to swerve, possibly off of the road or into another vehicle or occupied lane
- A vehicle having to brake or slow down in a dangerous fashion, which could cause a collision
- An accident resulting in injury or death
Injuries that come from an improper lane change accident could be life-altering, and may be a reason to pursue a lawsuit against the responsible party.
For a free legal consultation with a Improper Lane Changes Accidents lawyer serving Lubbock, call 877-239-4878
Possible Injuries From an Improper Lane Change Accident
The weight and speed of motor vehicles make collisions potentially deadly events, and can cause serious injury even if a death does not occur. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), motor vehicle collisions account for more than one million days in the hospital for Americans each year.
Some of the injuries that could cause you to miss work and endure a significant period of recovery after an accident are:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI), which may produce symptoms that affect your cognitive abilities permanently
- Spinal cord injury, which may restrict or permanently rob you of your pre-accident range of movement
- Broken bones
- Damage to internal organs, which could prove to be fatal
- Internal bleeding
- Burns or cuts, which may result in disfigurement
This is just a sampling of the many injuries that could come from an improper lane change accident. A Lubbock accident caused by improper lane changes lawyer could be of assistance if you or your loved one has suffered an injury, fatal or otherwise, because of a motor vehicle collision.
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 877-239-4878 for a free consultation about legal representation.
Lubbock Improper Lane Changes Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
You May Suffer Significant Losses From an Improper Lane Change Accident
You may find that your life is impacted in a major way because of an improper lane change accident, and some or all of those changes may be unwanted. Some of the possible consequences of a motor vehicle collision resulting in injury include:
- A period where you are unable to work
- A permanent or long-term restriction in the types of jobs you are able to hold
- A reduction in the number of hours you are able to work without aggravating the symptoms of injuries sustained in your accident
- A significant decline in your income
- Chronic pain
- A reduction in your physical mobility
- Impaired thinking
- Memory problems
- Changes in your personality
- Changes in your biological reactions to stimuli such as stress
- Changes in your relationships with friends and family
These and other harms that you could experience because of an improper lane change accident may have a negative impact on:
- Your finances
- Your relationships
- Your mental health
- Your physical health
- Your general quality of life
These sorts of losses may be the basis for you bringing a personal injury lawsuit. You may also choose to bring a wrongful death lawsuit if you lost a loved one because of a motor vehicle collision in Lubbock.
Contact our Lubbock Improper Lane Changes Accident Attorneys today
A Lawyer May Be Able To Help You With Your Lawsuit
A lawyer may initially help you deal with insurance companies, and if insurance does not result in the compensation that you need and may deserve, then a lawyer may start a lawsuit on your behalf.
They may assist you by:
- Identifying the parties they believe to be responsible for your accident
- Collecting available evidence of your accident
- Recruiting expert witnesses to assist with your case
- Totaling and itemizing your losses
- Negotiating a settlement on your behalf
- Completing a trial if it proves to be necessary
- Protecting your rights
A lawyer may handle your legal needs as you focus on recovery or coping with the loss of a loved one.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today
A call to Loncar Lyon Jenkins means calling in the Strong Arm to help with your legal case. We will take on your case while you put your health first. Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 877-239-4878 to discuss further how a Lubbock accident caused by improper lane changes lawyer may be able to help you or your loved one.