There may be two general reasons to seek compensation after a collision involving a left-hand turn. Either:
- You were turning left legally and safely, and were struck by a vehicle that was not operating in a safe or legal way
- You were proceeding safely and legally and a vehicle turned left in a dangerous fashion, causing an accident as a result
In either case, you or a loved one being injured by a driver’s unsafe actions could cause you to have grounds for compensation, and a Lubbock left turn accident lawyer may be able to help you seek any awards that you are entitled to collect. Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 800-777-7777 for a free consultation regarding our legal services, and how we could help you fight for the justice you deserve.
The Rules of the Road Matter
Motorists have a duty to be aware of and educated on the rules of the road. This includes knowing what the signs and signals of the road mean, and heeding the directions that they impart.
Some of the safety-related road indicators that are critical to preventing accidents include:
- Traffic lights, whether they are solid or flashing
- Stop signs and yield signs
- Lines that indicate where lanes are, which vehicle types belong in certain lanes, whether passing is permitted, and what direction those in a lane should be headed
- Speed limit signs
These are just a few of the indicators that provide instructions for drivers to follow. In addition, there are unmarked rules of the road that govern:
- Who has the right-of-way in any given traffic interaction
- How one should proceed when changing lanes
- How to operate safely in any given traffic-related situation
Turning is one specific circumstance that could cause peril if a driver does not know the rules of the road, or chooses to ignore the best driving practices as they pertain to turning.
Turning Left Can Cause Confusion and Lead to Collisions
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) (p. i) notes that left turns generally require crossing lanes of oncoming traffic, and that such a maneuver has “the potential for conflicts resulting in crashes”.
Some factors that could make a left-hand turn even more precarious include:
- The presence of heavy oncoming traffic
- A long line of cars behind the vehicle turning left, which may cause pressure for the driver to take a risk they otherwise would not
- Poor visibility of oncoming traffic
- Bad weather
- A flashing left-hand turn light, which may not provide the clear indication that a solid green left-hand turn signal does
A driver making a left turn could cause an accident because they do not see the oncoming vehicle, they do not properly gauge the speed of the oncoming vehicle, their vehicle stalls as they turn, or for any number of other reasons. Either way, a motorist who causes an accident while turning left could be the responsible party when fault is assigned.
In some cases, the driver turning left may not be the responsible party, however. For example, a vehicle turning left could have the right-of-way (such as if the left-hand turn signal is green), and another motorist who runs a red light across the intersection or makes a right-hand turn without checking for turning vehicles could be responsible for the collision.
A Lubbock left turn accident lawyer may be helpful if you have questions about liability or want to explore the possibility of bringing a lawsuit. Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 800-777-7777 for assistance after a left-turn accident.
For a free legal consultation with a left turn accidents lawyer serving Lubbock, call 800-777-7777
A Traffic Collision Can Have Tragic Outcomes
Being in a motor vehicle collision can have a massively damaging effect on your health and life. If you or a loved one was injured or killed because of a collision involving a left-hand turn, then you may:
- Be in significant pain because of one or more injuries
- Be unable to work for the foreseeable future
- Be resigned to a hospital or another medical facility
- Be bed-ridden in your own home
- Be facing significant medical costs to diagnose and treat your injuries
- Have permanent physical health limitations
- Be disfigured or scarred
- Have psychological trauma that could last for quite some time
It may be even more tragic if you have lost a loved one because of a motor vehicle accident. You and your loved ones could experience extreme grief, and may also have economic costs stemming directly from your loved one’s death. Such losses may be the impetus for you to bring a lawsuit against any party responsible for causing your accident, or an accident that claimed the life or health of a loved one.
A Lawyer May Be Able To Pursue Justice for You
Being involved in a collision can turn out to be an all-consuming incident. A lawyer may be able to provide valuable services whether you are recovering yourself, caring for a loved one who has been seriously injured, or are mourning the passing of a loved one.
Your lawyer may first explore your options for obtaining compensation through insurance. They may:
- Advise you on how to act with respect to insurance companies
- Handle communications with insurance representatives directly
- Shield you from any predatory or questionable attempts by insurers to get you to agree to a quick settlement
- Negotiate a settlement that you believe compensates you fairly
If your lawyer is not able to negotiate a fair settlement, then your lawyer can initiate a lawsuit on your behalf. Your lawyer may then collect evidence, round up witness testimony, document your injuries, and calculate your losses. After this, they may negotiate a pre-trial settlement or plead your case for compensation at trial.
If your lawyer is successful, you may collect compensation covering some or all of the losses you have experienced because of your accident.
Lubbock Left Turn Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-777-7777
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today
The toll that a motor vehicle accident takes may prevent or limit you from seeking compensation on your own, and a Lubbock left turn accident lawyer may be able to handle your case for justice while you focus on recovery. Call in the Strong Arm to help with your case by calling Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 800-777-7777 for a free consultation.
Do not wait to call, as Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 generally limits the time that you have to initiate a lawsuit for personal injury or wrongful death.