Accidents that involved taxis could present different issues of liability than other accident types. A lawyer may be able to explain how you may seek compensation if:
- You or a loved one was riding in a taxicab at the time of an accident
- You or a loved one was driving or riding in another vehicle struck by a taxicab
- You or a loved one was a bicyclist or pedestrian struck by a taxicab
Taxi drivers have the same responsibilities that all drivers have: to operate their vehicle in a way that does not put others at foreseeable risk of being in an accident, and possibly being injured or killed. If you or a loved one was involved in an accident with a taxicab, then a Lubbock taxicab accident lawyer could be at your service.
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 877-239-4878 for a free consultation about how we may assist you or your loved one with an insurance claim or lawsuit.
Taxi Liability May Be Shared
Those who drive a taxi may generally work for, or be contracted by, some sort of taxi service. This possibility could change the dynamics of liability when a taxicab accident happens.
Generally speaking, those who could be liable for a taxicab accident include:
- The specific cab driver who caused the accident
- The company that employs or contracts the cab driver involved in the accident
- A vehicle supplier, if the cab malfunctioned in a way that caused your accident
- A mechanic whose work is tied to a taxicab malfunction
- A municipality, if road conditions or other factors within government responsibility contributed to your accident
- Any other party whose actions or negligence contributed to your collision
Regardless of the individual or combination of parties liable for your accident, insurance may be the first avenue that you test as a way to obtain compensation.
Taxicab Insurance May Not Be Uniform
While services such as Uber detail the type of insurance coverage that you may have in any given scenario, these guidelines may not exist for the taxi company involved in your accident. Though ABC 13 reports that certain taxi services in Texas are legally required to maintain a minimum amount of insurance, it is possible that:
- The individual taxicab or company involved in your accident is not covered in accordance with minimum insurance requirements for taxicabs
- There are complicating factors within your accident or case that void or otherwise alter insurance coverage that you would otherwise be entitled to
- The amount of coverage provided by the taxicab company’s insurance policy is not enough to cover the losses you or your loved one sustained from the accident
Other issues that may affect your ability to obtain an insurance settlement include:
- The insurance company or at-fault party insisting that you are liable for some or all of the accident
- The insurance company claiming they are not obligated to cover your losses for any reason
- The insurance company implementing stall tactics, such as low-ball offers or resistance-by-attorney, in an attempt to reduce the amount that they pay you after an accident
A Lubbock taxicab accident lawyer may be able to help you seek compensation through insurance, negotiating for compensation on your behalf. Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 877-239-4878 for details on insurance claims and other means that a lawyer may take to help you seek compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a Taxicab Accidents lawyer serving Lubbock, call 877-239-4878
A Lawsuit May Be Necessary to Obtain Compensation
Insurance is not always a workable solution for you to receive compensation, and your lawyer may eventually advise that you bring a lawsuit against a taxi driver, cab company, and any other parties responsible for your accident.
Some reasons why a driver may be responsible to you as a taxicab passenger include:
- Their taxi did not have seatbelts
- Their taxi did not have airbags or other safety features that may have prevented your injury
- They were speeding at the time of your accident
- They were distracted while driving, which the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) cites as a cause of thousands of traffic deaths each year
- They made any other illegal or improper maneuver that caused or contributed to your accident
The company that employed the taxicab driver involved in your accident may be responsible:
- For any failures of the cab itself, such as a faulty tire or brakes, which may have contributed to your accident
- If it did not vet the driver’s motorist record
- If they ignored any red flags which should have prevented the driver from being hired
- If they did not regularly test the driver for drug or alcohol use while on the job
Your lawyer may cite all instances of possible negligence that could have contributed to your accident as they bring your lawsuit forth.
Your Lawyer May Ensure Completion of Your Lawsuit
Some of the ways in which your lawyer may move your lawsuit forward include:
- Collecting and organizing any evidence that paints you as the victim of negligence
- Providing expert witnesses for your lawsuit
- Completing all necessary legal paperwork, including filing the lawsuit itself
- Interviewing witnesses to your accident, documenting their accounts for use in your lawsuit
- Determining how much compensation you should be entitled to based on your accident-related losses
- Negotiating a settlement
- Completing a trial if a settlement does not prove to be possible
- Protecting your rights for the entirety of their time as your lawyer
If your lawyer wins for you, then your compensation could include coverage of:
- Your pain and suffering
- Costs related to the death of a loved one
- Medical expenses stemming from your accident
- Lost income
- Diminished earning capacity
- Rehabilitation for physical or psychological injuries
- Permanent disability
- Chronic pain
- Disfigurement or scarring
- Any other losses deriving from your accident
You do not have to struggle alone after a taxicab accident, as a lawyer may be able to help you complete the process of seeking justice.
Lubbock Taxicab Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today
A Lubbock taxicab accident lawyer could be a lifeline after a collision that causes injury or death to you or a loved one. Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins at 877-239-4878 today for your free consultation.