Whether the driver who hit you was ticketed for texting while driving or not, we can get to work to fight for your compensation. Our texting while driving accident lawyers can work to demonstrate that the driver who hit you was negligent – and owes you compensation for your accident-related costs.
Find out more about the forms of recoverable losses you can seek and how we will advocate for you in a claim or lawsuit.
Recoverable Compensation After a Lubbock Car Accident
From vehicle damage to doctor’s bills, you could be paying many out-of-pocket expenses. You don’t have to shoulder that financial burden on your own, however.
Depending on your injuries, you may have required only a few visits to a doctor. On the other hand, you could have been hospitalized and could now face a temporary disability.
The following medical costs could be recovered through an insurance claim or lawsuit:
- Medical assistive devices
- Emergency room care
- Physical therapy
- Chiropractic care
- Visits to a doctor
Losses That Impact Your Work and Life
Accidents can change almost every aspect of your life. In order to help you seek compensation for these less tangible forms of losses, our lawyers will try to learn more about the following aspects of your texting while driving accident:
- The pain and suffering you’ve experienced: If your injuries caused you major pain and other hardships, we will seek to add this into your case value when we negotiate with an insurance company.
- Any effects on your ability to earn a living: We know that even minor injuries can challenge your ability to perform basic job functions. If you lost income due to days spent in recovery or due to a need to change your job duties, we can add up these losses and seek compensation.
- How the accident has affected your enjoyment of life: If you were active and enjoyed hobbies prior to the accident, we want to fight for your compensation if you can no longer enjoy the same fulfillment in life.
- If you lost a loved one in an accident: Some clients contact us when they lose someone in a car accident. We can help you seek compensation for your loved one’s final medical costs, lost wages, and burial expenses.
Keep in mind that it can be difficult to quantify these less-tangible losses on your own. We will use our experience with car accident claims in Lubbock to properly place a numeric value on the pain and difficulties you’ve faced.
We Will Fight for Fair Compensation
You may wonder how much these forms of losses may entitle you to claim. We take a look at this question on a case-by-case basis, as several factors generally impact the amount your case could be worth.
These factors include:
- The severity of your injuries
- The overall costs of the accident
- How much the accident has affected your life
- And other factors
We Can Handle Every Step of Your Lubbock Case
Our texting while driving lawyers can take every step necessary to seek fair compensation after an accident, and we can take your case to court if an insurer doesn’t want to treat you fairly.
Investigating Your Accident and Preparing Your Claim
In some cases, it can be challenging to prove that someone was texting and driving when they caused your crash. We will scour your case for evidence that proves the other driver’s fault.
We will investigate your case and build evidence from the following possible sources:
- Police records and officer’s testimony
- Traffic camera footage
- Cell phone records, if available
- Accident reconstruction
- Witness testimony
The Insurance Claims Process
Typically, we will begin your case by filing an insurance claim on your behalf, presenting our evidence to the insurer and demonstrating the dollar amount that we believe to be fair for your case. They may:
- Try to negotiate that amount
- Offer you a lowball settlement
- Deny your claim or say that your injuries weren’t severe
We won’t allow you to be treated unfairly. If we have problems settling on a fair amount, we will take your case to court.
When You Can Sue Someone for Texting While Driving
We will often advise that we start with the insurance claim process for the sake of time and efficiency. However, you can sue a negligent driver who caused an accident that led to your injuries.
A lawsuit may be necessary for some situations, including:
- When a driver’s insurance coverage is clearly insufficient to meet your costs
- When an insurer won’t make a fair offer in negotiations
We have experience with taking our client’s cases to court and will not hesitate to do so if necessary for your fair compensation.
Texas Laws That Could Affect Your Case
Texas law protects drivers from the negligence of others. We can tell you more about several laws that may help your case, including the following:
The State Ban on Texting While Driving in Texas
According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), you can’t send or receive texts while driving.
While the specifics of these laws may vary from city to city, a driver who was distracted by a smartphone when they hit you is a negligent driver in Texas.
The Statute of Limitations Restricts Your Tile to File Suit
You are able to file a lawsuit when someone else’s recklessness caused you injury. Of course, you don’t have forever to take advantage of this protection. In Texas, you generally have two years to file your suit.
If you contact us in time, we will work to ensure that you take advantage of your legal rights under Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003.
Ask Us Your Questions During a Free Call
You don’t have to be alone in your case. Call in the Strong Arm. Our Lubbock texting while driving accident lawyers can help you seek what you may deserve. Talk to someone from our office to learn more today at (877) 239-4878.