A tire blowing out could be the result of poor product design, errors made during assembly, error by the person responsible for the motor vehicle, or some combination of causal factors. Determining who is responsible for a tire blowout accident could be the first step you take towards obtaining justice for yourself or a loved one, and a Lubbock accident caused by tire blowout lawyer could help you identify at-fault parties.
Calling Loncar Lyon Jenkins means calling in the Strong Arm to deal with the insurance companies and help with any necessary legal case for compensation. Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 877-239-4878 for a free consultation.
Tire Blowouts May Be a Design- or Assembly-Related Problem
Consumer Affairs provides a running account of tires that are recalled from the market for various reasons. The fact that entire tire models can be recalled from the consumer market indicates that, in the case of certain accidents, the way that a tire is designed or assembled could be a source of danger.
Some of the issues cited in Consumer Affairs-documented recalls include:
- The tire tread detaching from the tire while in use
- The sidewall of the tire detaching from the tire while in use
- Failure of critical adhesive material that contributes to the tire’s structure
- Gauge-related issues that may contribute to the tire’s failure
In some instances, the very design of a tire, or the materials used to create an entire batch of tires, may be flawed. In other instances, one or more of your tires may be a danger because of the way that it was assembled. Those who have expert industry knowledge may be able to differentiate between a tire that was structurally flawed and one that is a safety hazard because of its particular assembly.
Either way, a third party could be responsible as a contributor to your accident.
Motorists Have a Responsibility to Check and Maintain Tires
When a tire blows out, it is possible that the design and assembly of the tire are not to blame, but instead that a driver failed to ensure that their tires:
- Had enough tread to be roadworthy
- Did not have any apparent flaws that could lead to a tire blowing out
- Were not overinflated
- Were not underinflated
The U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) reports that more than 25% of automobiles on American roads and about 33% of light trucks have underinflated tires at any given moment. These statistics may hint at a larger problem of drivers paying too little attention to the state of their vehicle’s tires, or failing to take the necessary steps to repair, inflate, or replace a tire when they know action should be taken.
AAA Exchange lists some steps that motorists may need to take to ensure their tires are safe before driving. Steps include:
- Researching or asking a tire-industry professional whether the tires you have are right for your vehicle
- Looking for abnormalities in the tire that you can spot visually, such as worn tread, abnormal raising of parts of the tire, or inconsistent wear on the tire tread
- Finding the ideal inflation level for your tires and measuring each tire’s inflation with a tire gauge
- Paying attention to any strange, potentially tire-related sensations that you feel while you drive, such as strange noises or vibrations
- Having your tires rotated after traveling a certain number of miles
- Having your tires balanced and wheels aligned periodically
Tires are the point of contact for your vehicle and roads that can be hot, rough, and unforgiving. Motorists who fail to pay proper attention to their tires’ state or take precautionary measures are putting themselves and others on the road at risk.
A Lubbock accident caused by tire blowout lawyer may be able to help you or your loved one pursue any compensation that you are entitled to. Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 877-239-4878 to learn more about how a lawyer may assist you after a collision.
For a free legal consultation with a Tire Blowout Accidents lawyer serving Lubbock, call 877-239-4878
Determining Responsibility for Your Accident
It may not be immediately clear who is responsible for an accident caused by a tire blowout. Some potential candidates for liability include:
- A driver, who may be liable in the case that their vehicle was overloaded or their tire had apparent flaws that may have caused the tire blowout
- An employer whose driver was operating a vehicle with one or more unsafe tires
- A tire manufacturer
- A business or individual who sold a defective or otherwise unsafe tire
- A municipality whose roads were in a condition that contributed to damaging a tire
It is important that you take photographs or videos of any factors that may have caused your accident—a damaged tire, a vehicle overloaded with cargo, or a pothole in the road are three examples.
Your lawyer may help you obtain and organize documentation of your accident, and may hire experts in relevant fields to attest to the causes of a tire blowout. Then, your lawyer may initiate a lawsuit and fight for any compensation that you are entitled to.
How a Lawyer May Help You Complete Your Lawsuit
If insurance is not sufficient or available to compensate you for your accident-related losses, you may choose to bring a lawsuit against responsible parties. Your lawyer may help you do so by:
- Speaking with experts and determining who all of the parties responsible for your accident are
- Collecting and organizing evidence, such as photographs of the tire that sparked your accident
- Interviewing witnesses to your accident
- Calculating your losses and seeking a settlement through negotiations
- Taking all necessary steps to complete your lawsuit, whether through a settlement or judgement
- Defending your rights
You could be facing many losses from an accident, including but not limited to medical expenses, lost income, and pain and suffering. A lawyer may help you seek compensation for all of your losses.
Lubbock Tire Blowout Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today
The team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins may help you determine who has caused you or your loved one to suffer an injury, and then we will take the steps necessary to pursue the justice that you are entitled to. Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 877-239-4878 for a free consultation about the services of a Lubbock accident caused by tire blowout lawyer.
Call or text 877-239-4878 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form