If you or a loved one was injured in an accident caused by a drowsy driver, you may be able to file a personal injury claim or lawsuit to recover the cost of your damages. At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we understand that right now, your medical bills and lost wages might be putting a financial strain on your resources. Yet, it is possible to recover compensation with the help of a McAllen accident caused by driver fatigue lawyer.
We can hold the negligent driver accountable for their actions. We can review the evidence in your case to assign fault and liability for your losses.
Our team handles personal injury cases on a contingency-fee-basis. You do not need to pay anything upfront to retain a lawyer’s services. To get started,
Driving Drowsy Reduces Reaction Time
A poll conducted by the National Sleep Foundation discovered that 60% of respondents admitted to driving while feeling drowsy. Another 37% of respondents admitted to having fallen asleep at the wheel at some point in their lives.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) notes that the effects of driving while drowsy are similar to the effects of driving under the influence of alcohol.
The organization notes:
- A driver who remains awake for at least 18 hours acts the same as someone who has a blood alcohol content (BAC) of .05%.
- A driver who remains awake for at least 24 hours acts the same as someone with a BAC level of .10%—more than the state legal limit of .08%.
All motorists have a civil obligation to not drive while fatigued. A McAllen accident caused by driver fatigue lawyer can help you seek compensation for your accident-related expenses.
For a free legal consultation with a driver fatigue accidents lawyer serving McAllen, call 877-239-4878
Liability in a Motor Vehicle Accident Case
Your lawyer will need to investigate the circumstances of your situation to determine fault and liability for your collision-related damages. They can review traffic surveillance footage, photos from the accident scene, and witness testimony to get an idea of how your accident happened. They can also review the details of the involved parties’ insurance policies to learn more about what coverage options you have.
You may have been struck by a driver who was working at the time of the accident. In this situation, your lawyer can help you pursue compensation from the negligent motorist and the company they work for. Your lawyer can review the guidelines set in place by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) to learn if the negligent driver was violating any trucking mandates at the time of the accident.
Your McAllen accident caused by driver fatigue lawyer’s goal is to help you recover the compensation you deserve. A member of the Loncar Lyon Jenkins team can answer any questions that you may have when you call us today. To get started, dial 877-239-4878.
McAllen Driver Fatigue Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Expenses Stemming from Your McAllen Car Accident
Our team believes that you should not have to pay for damages caused by another driver’s negligence. We can help you file a personal injury claim with the liable insurance company and negotiate for a fair settlement. If this does not yield the result that you want, we can file a lawsuit and represent your legal interests in court.
Some damages our team can help you recover include:
- Medical costs, both past and present
- Lost wages due to your inability to return to work due to your injuries
- Diminished earning capacity, if you were unable to work at the same capacity as you did before the accident
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
There is no way to predict the outcome of your case without speaking with you first. However, when you partner with Loncar Lyon Jenkins, you can rest easy knowing that we will do everything in our power to secure the best possible outcome. We encourage you to reach out to our team today.
Contact our McAllen Driver Fatigue Accident Attorneys today
Filing a Wrongful Death Claim or Lawsuit
If you lost a loved one due to a drowsy driver’s actions, we can provide legal assistance. Your lawyer can undertake the responsibility of filing a personal injury claim or lawsuit on your behalf while you process your grief.
Some damages you can recover through a wrongful death action include:
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of parental guidance
- Loss of household benefits
- Loss of the decedent’s income
- The decedent’s end-of-life medical expenses, such as hospice or life support
- Funeral and burial costs
Your legal team can explain what other damages you might be able to recover.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Steps to Take Following a Car Accident
The measures you take following a car accident can lay the groundwork for your personal injury case. You reasonably want to take actions that work to make the claims process as smooth as possible.
After being involved in a car accident, you should consider:
- Keeping your medical bills, property damage receipts, and invoices in a safe place
- Seeking prompt medical attention for your injuries
- Leaving communications with the insurance company to your lawyer
- Refraining from posting about the accident to social media
- Following through with your doctor’s recommended course of treatment
When you call Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we can explain what other measures work to protect your legal interests. You can reach out to our legal team today to learn more.
Get Legal Help from Loncar Lyon Jenkins
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we provide legal representation to people who have suffered injuries due to the negligence of others. A McAllen accident caused by driver fatigue lawyer from our team can investigate your accident and advise you on your legal options.
They can also:
- Negotiate with the liable insurance company
- Itemize your damages
- Gather evidence
- Advise you on any pending filing deadlines
- Review the details of the involved insurance policies
- Handle your case’s paperwork and filing
- Take your case to court, if necessary
- Offer services on a contingency-fee-basis
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins now for a free case evaluation at 877-239-4878.