If your life and health were affected by an accident caused by an intoxicated driver, you could be eligible to receive financial compensation from the at-fault driver’s insurance company. Our McAllen Car Accident Lawyer can help you determine what a fair offer looks like and fight for every dollar available in your case.
As soon as you have had your initial injuries treated, contact the legal team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins. A DWI accident lawyer from our team can help you hold the intoxicated driver accountable for the full range of your injury-related losses.
You Can Recover Expenses After a McAllen DWI Accident
The injuries that follow a crash with an intoxicated driver can often be especially severe. You may require medical treatment including emergency room care, laboratory and imaging exams, prescription medications, surgical procedures, assistive medical devices, and more. A personal injury claim or lawsuit can help you recoup these medical expenses and other losses.
Non-medical expenses that might also be eligible for recovery in a personal injury claim or lawsuit include the following:
- Current and future lost income: Your injuries may not allow you to go back to work for days, weeks, or even years after the accident, depending on the severity of your injuries. You may never go back to work, or at least, you may never go back to your old job. Our lawyers will work to estimate your lost income, both now and in the future, and any other financial- or employment-related losses, like lost income from raises or retirement planning.
- Short- and long-term physical disability: A disability can put you out of work, which is a pressing matter for many accident victims. A disabling injury can also increase expenses for making your home accessible, it can place strains on your relationships, and it can take an emotional toll on you and your loved ones. The economic and non-economic impacts of all of your losses are equally important, and our team will fight for both types of compensation.
- Disfigurement and permanent scarring: While there can be financial costs and physical pain associated with this harm, we know the mental and emotional impact is just as devastating. You deserve compensation, so don’t settle for less.
- Pain and suffering and mental distress: While an intangible loss, your pain and suffering, whether emotional or physical, must be accounted for. We know how this can affect you, and we will fight for maximum compensation.
The expenses of the injuries you sustained can start at the accident scene and last for months or longer. They can also add up surprisingly quickly. If you are faced with one or more of these losses due to a DWI accident, our accident attorneys can help you prepare a comprehensive case for financial recovery.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Pursuing Wrongful Death Damages After a DWI Accident
The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) reported that there were 1,163 car accident fatalities in 2022 with alcohol intoxication as the cause. These numbers are shocking, tragic, and completely avoidable. The responsible party made a choice to act negligently, and your loved one paid the price.
If you lost a loved one in a DWI accident, we will work with you to seek the financial recovery you may be entitled to. Your compensation could include economic and non-economic damages, such as:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Medical expenses required by your loved one
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of income to your family
- And more
A personal injury insurance claim or lawsuit can help you seek financial compensation from a drunk driver in McAllen—but this can also be a complicated process. You don’t have to handle these legal details while you are also grieving a loss.
The guidance and direction of a DWI accident lawyer from our team can help you build a claim for compensation against the liable party.
Do not Wait to Start a Personal Injury Case After a DWI Accident
Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 generally allows up to two years for you to file a lawsuit against the at-fault driver. If you do not file your suit within the allotted time, you might inadvertently relinquish your right to seek compensation at all.
Before time runs out on your ability to file a claim for financial compensation, contact the team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins. Call us as soon as possible to prepare your case for financial recovery against the driver who caused the accident that led to your injuries.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
We Will Build a Comprehensive Claim for Your Financial Compensation
When you decide to fight for an insurance settlement from the at-fault driver, we can join you in the fight for compensation. To support your claim for compensation, we can create a case file containing:
- The official crash reports
- Medical records
- Medical bills
- Paycheck stubs
We might also request photos of the scene of the accident, photos of your injuries, and other documents and evidence to bolster your claim. If possible, we will interview witnesses and conduct other forms of independent investigation to prove the cause of the DWI accident and prove that the accident led to your injuries.
You can also take steps to build your own evidence file for your case. After the accident, you may wish to take down any available contact information from witnesses to the accident, for instance. You can also seek out a copy of your crash report online, according to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT).
Other Legal Services Offered by Our Team
Our injury lawyers will do more than build evidence for your case. We will handle every step of an insurance claim or lawsuit for you from start to finish, including:
Determining the Value of Your Case
Once we’ve gathered evidence of your injuries and losses, we can help you determine an accurate value for your case. We will also help you estimate the cost of any future medical care and other injury-related losses, and we will include that amount when we approach the insurance company with our demand letter.
This is one other important reason why injury victims may choose to work with our law firm. If an insurance company makes an early settlement offer after your accident and you accept it without seeking legal advice, you may not realize the true value of your case—and you could be leaving money on the table.
We will be sure to seek the full, fair amount you deserve.
Handling All Communications Negotiations with an Insurer for You
Communications with an insurance company can be challenging to handle on your own for a number of reasons. First, you could face unfair insurance tactics, as an insurance company could claim that your injuries aren’t as serious as they are or that you were more at fault for the accident than you truly were.
Second, they could even try to use any statements you make about the accident against you. For instance, if they call you soon after the accident and ask you to make a statement about the crash, they could misconstrue your words as an admission of fault.
We will handle all of the necessary communications with an insurer for you and protect the value of your case.
Taking Your Case to Court if Necessary
If we are unable to seek a fair settlement through the negotiations process, we will not hesitate to take your case to court.
We will litigate on your behalf, if necessary. However, in many cases, an insurance company may become more motivated to settle a case once we file suit.
Why Work with Our DWI Attorneys After an Accident?
Our firm has decades of experience working with victims of injury in Texas. You may wish to choose our team because:
- We offer big firm resources with personalized attention to each case. Representing over 7,000 clients in Texas per year means that we have the experience to help you seek results.
- We can come to you in any city or town in Texas if you can’t travel. We know you could be in a great deal of pain after your accident. We will come to you if you can’t come to us.
- We work based on contingency fees. You don’t have to pay us any upfront costs to get started on your case. We only get paid if we win for you.
Call in the Strong Arm to get the help you need. We work hard to make the process of your claim or lawsuit feel easy.
Costly Injuries You Could Be Suffering After a DWI Accident
Drunk driving accidents are often serious accidents. The injuries you sustain in a DWI collision can leave you with long-term physical consequences and mounting medical debt that can ruin your credit rating and make it difficult to financially support yourself and your family.
We can help you if you sustained the following kinds of injuries in a DWI collision:
- Broken bones
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Spinal cord injuries
- And more
In addition to these severe injuries, you might also sustain cuts, scrapes, bruises, sprains, and fractures. Even if your injuries weren’t catastrophic, your life still may be affected by the inconvenience of treating these health conditions, taking time off of work to recover, and more.
If you or a loved one was the victim of a DWI accident and suffered one or multiple injuries, you may also be left with past, present, and future medical expenses that come with your injuries. We can help you compile your medical records and bills to document your injuries and assess the value of your claim for compensation.
Call Our Personal Injury Attorneys After a DWI Accident
If you were injured in a DWI accident or you lost a loved one in a crash, you could have the foundation of a personal injury case or wrongful death insurance case. A DWI accident lawyer serving McAllen can help you fight for an insurance payout from the driver who caused the accident.
Contact a member of our team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins by calling us today. You can call us anytime, day or night, to get answers about your case. The initial consultation is free and there is no obligation.