Recovering from catastrophic injuries can be a full-time job – but so can pursuing a legal claim – which is why some people decide to work with a lawyer with our firm.
A McAllen team member with Loncar Lyon Jenkins will be able to hear your story and help you establish what your options for compensation are moving forward.
Understanding Catastrophic Injuries
Although there is no single official legal definition for it in Texas, a catastrophic injury is considered to be one that has effects lasting longer than a month. You or a loved one may be able to pursue damages if you suffered from the following conditions due to the negligence of another:
- Chronic pain or nerve damage
- Internal organ failure
- Brain damage
- Loss of ability to work
- Loss of personal independence
These types of permanent, lasting injuries are serious and may be considered catastrophic by a court. If your injuries occurred due to the fault of another legal party, you may be legally entitled to file an insurance claim or lawsuit.
For a free legal consultation with a catastrophic injury lawyer serving McAllen, call 800-777-7777
You Might Be Entitled to Damages After Suffering a Catastrophic Injury in McAllen
After suffering a catastrophic injury, you are probably faced with a lot of physical, emotional, and financial challenges. Don’t feel like you have to fend for yourself, as you can request compensation for your damages.
Some of which might be:
- Emergency and ongoing medical care
- Past lost wages
- Future lost earning potential
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Lost quality of life
If your loved one’s catastrophic injuries turned out to be fatal, their final medical bills, burial and funeral expenses, lost wages, and your loss of consortium might be compensable.
When you consult a lawyer with our team, they can review your case to see if you qualify for any other damages that are not listed here.
McAllen Catastrophic Injury Lawyer Near Me 800-777-7777
What Our Firm’s Legal Representation Looks Like
We want to help your family in any way we can. While you focus on healing from your injuries, you can rely on your lawyer to:
- Help you compile and organize all forms of evidence
- Identify who was responsible for your injuries
- Handle all communication with the insurance company and other legal teams
- Negotiate a settlement that meets your needs
- Follow all the deadlines imposed by the State of Texas
- Come to you while you are in the hospital, in your home, or at your office
- Keep you updated at every stage of your case
- Assess and calculate all of your damages
- Answer your questions
- Make ourselves available to you over the phone, in person, or via the internet
After reviewing all these services we provide, you might be nervous about how much one of our lawyers might cost you, especially when you’re in the middle of economic hardship. However, Loncar Lyon Jenkins is a contingency-fee firm, meaning:
- All prospective clients receive a free, no-obligation case review when they call.
- We don’t take any hourly, upfront, or out-of-pocket fees.
- You and your lawyer will agree on a percentage they will take out of your final financial outcome.
- If you don’t get paid, neither does your lawyer.
You take no financial risk when Loncar Lyon Jenkins is your legal representative.
Click to contact our Personal Injury Lawyers today
Putting the Needs of Our Clients’ in Front of Everything Else
We aren’t called the Strong Arm for nothing. For decades, we have advocated for injury victims so that they can get the funds they need to get their lives back on track.
Here’s what some of them have had to say:
- “Brian Locar is a very good attorney. He works hard and quick to get you satisfied!!!! Highly recommend Working with him !!!” – Samiyah J.
- “Thorough and persistent with investigation” – Charlene S.
- “Great service and very professional!!” – Liliana F.
We want to help you and your family now, so don’t wait to call in the Strong Arm after getting injured in an accident.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
The Texas Statute of Limitations Could Affect Your Case
Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 states that injured people typically have only two years in which to file a lawsuit relating to their injury. However, if a government agency is responsible for your catastrophic injuries, the window might be even shorter than two years.
We just need to hear from you as soon as possible. If we wait too long to get started on your case, your right to pursue compensation might be jeopardized. With that said, working with a professional legal representative on our team can help ensure that such important deadlines will not be missed.
Other Reasons to not Wait to File Your Case
If you get in touch with our firm soon after your catastrophic injury accident, a lawyer on our McAllen may be able to gain important evidence from the scene. This evidence might include:
- Video or photographs of tire skid marks, broken glass in the roadway, tire tracks in dirt, or other damage to the surrounding area, and the overall accident scene
- Eyewitness and expert witness accounts
- Medical and cellphone records
- The police and toxicology reports
- Your daily journal that describes your levels of pain, your struggles, and routine
Waiting too long to start gathering evidence might risk the witnesses misremembering what happened before, during, and after the accident, and traffic camera footage might be destroyed.
How Your Catastrophic Injury Could Have Happened
Serious injuries are a fact of life for many people. There are everyday dangers in our products and spaces that most people forget about, which can result in some serious accidents. Any of the below is a plausible cause of a catastrophic injury:
- Auto collisions
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accident
- Dog bites
- Oilfield accidents
- Product liability
- Construction accidents
- Slip and falls
- Toxic chemical exposure
- Improperly marked walkways
- Unsafe play structure equipment
- Other negligence of a property owner
If you or someone in your family suffered a catastrophic injury, legal representation can be a prudent next step. Hiring a lawyer with our firm allows you to focus on medical appointments and recovery full time, while we pursue your claim to its fullest potential.
Connect with Loncar Lyon Jenkins to Receive a Free Consultation Today
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we work for clients in exchange for a share of the eventual settlement, which allows us to carry cases through closing litigation without charging clients out of pocket.
If you or a loved one suffered catastrophic injuries in McAllen, Texas, call in the Strong Arm at Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 800-777-7777 and get a free consultation without any obligation.