Dangerous medications can leave you facing serious health conditions. If a prescription medication or over-the-counter drug caused you harm, we may be able to help you proceed with a claim or lawsuit.
These kinds of cases can be especially complicated. Our lawyers serving McAllen will work to utilize compelling evidence and bring our experience with dangerous drug lawsuits to bear for your case.
Compensation You Could Seek if You Were Hurt By a Dangerous Medication
One of your first questions may be about how much your case is worth. We will work to account for all the losses you sustained because of the drug’s side effects, including past, present, and future losses.
You could be able to seek compensation for:
- Medical bills, such as any necessary emergency room care, hospitalization, surgeries, diagnostic testing, physical therapy, and chemotherapy
- Losses to your income and career, including past lost income, future reduced earning capacity, and missed opportunities for promotions and bonuses
- Pain and suffering, reflecting how painful your injuries have been, as well as and other challenges to your life
If your injuries left you with a debilitating health condition that has changed your day-to-day life or even your long-term health outlook, we can help you get the money you need to recover.
Dangerous Drugs that Lead to Fatal Injuries
In cases where you lost a loved one to a dangerous drug, we can help you with a wrongful death case.
We may be able to help you seek a recovery for the financial and non-financial hardships suffered due to your family member’s loss, such as:
- Loss of income
- Loss of support and services
- Funeral and burial costs
- Necessary medical care
For a free legal consultation with a dangerous drug lawyer serving McAllen, call 800-777-7777
How to Know If You Have a Dangerous Drug Case
One of the best ways to understand if you have a case is to speak with one of our team members in a free case review. We will investigate the evidence in your case to determine if:
- The drug you took was especially dangerous and could cause illness or injury.
- The drug manufacturer knew of the risks associated with the drug.
- The manufacturer had opportunities to make the drug safer during development.
- You used the drug in a reasonable manner and were still injured.
The drug you took may be under scrutiny through an FDA recall or active lawsuits. This investigation could be one sign that you could have a case – as long as we can show a link to your use of the drug and your injuries.
Examples of Dangerous Drugs
Some drugs are still being studied for their dangerous side effects. On the other hand, the dangerous effects of other drugs are already known. As such, some examples of drugs for which legal action has already been taken across the country include:
- Truvada and TDF-based drugs (tenofovir disoproxil fumarate), which can cause bone loss and kidney damage
- Zantac and ranitidine-based drugs, which can cause various cancers
- Belviq, which can cause cancer
- Statins such as Crestor or Lipitor, which could cause kidney or liver damage and muscle damage
We can help you determine if the drug you’ve taken could be considered dangerous.
McAllen Dangerous Drug Lawyer Near Me 800-777-7777
How We Can Help You with Your Case
Cases against major pharmaceutical companies can be complex and intimidating. However, we can stand by your side and represent your best interests on the other side of the table.
We will go to work seeking fair compensation by:
- Gathering evidence of your harm and losses: We will build a compelling case linking your use of the medication to your injury. We can work with experts to provide necessary testimony to demonstrate this link.
- Negotiating and communicating with all parties. We will speak with any representatives of the drug manufacturer for you, protecting your rights and seeking fair compensation.
- Ensuring your case complies with any important laws. For instance, we can help ensure that your case meets the state’s statute of limitations, which is the state’s deadline to file a lawsuit. Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 sets a two-year time limit.
You don’t have to be alone in your case. We can stand by your side through every step of the process.
Click to contact our Personal Injury Lawyers today
Why Choose Loncar Lyon Jenkins?
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we take pride in representing in Texas. Our dangerous drug lawyers will:
- Meet you in McAllen or any other city in Texas, if you are unable to travel
- Represent you based on contingency, meaning we ask no fees up front
- Listen to your story and ensure you understand every aspect of your case
With us by your side, you and your case aren’t just a number. Our previous clients note that:
- “Loncar Associates demonstrated every quality most important to me… walked me through the entire process and placed my medical care at the highest priority…absolutely satisfied with my experience.” – Melanie A.
- “From the initial consultation to the end of case process… helped me and understood the situation…”- Dora C.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call in the Strong Arm for a Free Case Review
You don’t have to wait any longer for legal help. Our dangerous drug lawyers can help you get started on your McAllen case today.
Call someone at Loncar Lyon Jenkins to learn more at (800) 777-7777.