Dangerous medications can leave you facing serious health conditions. If a prescription medication or over-the-counter drug caused you harm, we may be able to help you proceed with a claim or lawsuit.
These kinds of cases can be especially complicated. Our dangerous drug lawyers serving McAllen will work to utilize compelling evidence and bring our experience with dangerous drug lawsuits to bear for your case.
Compensation You Could Seek If You Were Hurt by a Dangerous Medication
One of your first questions may be about how much your case is worth. We will work to account for all the losses you sustained because of the drug’s side effects, including past, present, and future losses.
You could be able to seek compensation for:
- Medical bills, such as any necessary emergency room care, hospitalization, surgeries, diagnostic testing, physical therapy, and chemotherapy
- Losses to your income and career, including past lost income, future reduced earning capacity, and missed opportunities for promotions and bonuses
- Pain and suffering, reflecting how painful your injuries have been, as well as other challenges to your life
If your injuries left you with a debilitating health condition that has changed your day-to-day life or even your long-term health outlook, we can help you get the money you need to recover.
Dangerous Drugs that Lead to Fatal Injuries
In cases where you lost a loved one to a dangerous drug, we can help you with a wrongful death case.
We may be able to help you seek a recovery for the financial and non-financial hardships suffered due to your family member’s loss, such as:
- Loss of income
- Loss of support and services
- Funeral and burial costs
- Necessary medical care
For a free legal consultation with a dangerous drug lawyer serving McAllen, call 877-239-4878
How to Know If You Have a Dangerous Drug Case
One of the best ways to understand if you have a case is to speak with one of our team members in a free case review. We will investigate the evidence in your case to determine if:
- The drug you took was especially dangerous and could cause illness or injury.
- The drug manufacturer knew of the risks associated with the drug.
- The manufacturer had opportunities to make the drug safer during development.
- You used the drug in a reasonable manner and were still injured.
The drug you took may be under scrutiny through an FDA recall or active lawsuits. This investigation could be one sign that you could have a case – as long as we can show a link to your use of the drug and your injuries.
Examples of Dangerous Drugs
Some drugs are still being studied for their dangerous side effects. On the other hand, the dangerous effects of other drugs are already known. As such, some examples of drugs for which legal action has already been taken across the country include:
- Truvada and TDF-based drugs (tenofovir disoproxil fumarate), which can cause bone loss and kidney damage
- Zantac and ranitidine-based drugs, which can cause various cancers
- Belviq, which can cause cancer
- Statins such as Crestor or Lipitor, which could cause kidney or liver damage and muscle damage
We can help you determine if the drug you’ve taken could be considered dangerous.
McAllen Dangerous Drug Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
How We Can Help You with Your Case
Cases against major pharmaceutical companies can be complex and intimidating. However, we can stand by your side and represent your best interests on the other side of the table.
We will go to work seeking fair compensation by:
- Gathering evidence of your harm and losses: We will build a compelling case linking your use of the medication to your injury. We can work with experts to provide necessary testimony to demonstrate this link.
- Negotiating and communicating with all parties. We will speak with any representatives of the drug manufacturer for you, protecting your rights and seeking fair compensation.
- Ensuring your case complies with any important laws. For instance, we can help ensure that your case meets the state’s statute of limitations, which is the state’s deadline to file a lawsuit. Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 sets a two-year time limit.
You don’t have to be alone in your case. We can stand by your side through every step of the process.
Contact our McAllen Dangerous Drug Attorneys today
Why Choose Loncar Lyon Jenkins?
The attorneys at our firm will fight hard for you to receive a fair settlement after being injured from a dangerous drug. We know you are going through a difficult time and we want to be the strong arm you can lean on for support. We will negotiate with the insurance companies and focus on all legal matters so you can focus on your recovery. If you choose our firm, you can expect:
- Free consultations: We offer free consultations to all potential clients to discuss the circumstances of your case. Our attorneys will discuss your legal options and answer your questions.
- Contingency fee: Most of our cases are handled on a contingency fee basis. You do not pay for our services unless we are successful with recovering money for you.
- 24/7 support: A member of our staff is available 24/7, 365 days per year.
- Travel to you: We will meet you in McAllen or any other city in Texas, if you are unable to travel
- Aggressive advocacy: We will listen to your story and ensure you understand every aspect of your case. We will advocate on your behalf to recover the maximum amount of compensation.
With us by your side, you and your case aren’t just a number. Our previous clients note that:
- “Loncar Associates demonstrated every quality most important to me… walked me through the entire process and placed my medical care at the highest priority… absolutely satisfied with my experience.” – Melanie A.
- “From the initial consultation to the end of case process… helped me and understood the situation…”- Dora C.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Frequently Asked Questions About Dangerous Drugs
There are several common questions we get asked about dangerous drug cases. They include:
Why Are Some Pharmaceuticals Unsafe?
The regular consumer assumes pharmaceuticals that are prescribed are safe. For the most part, this is true. Reasons pharmaceuticals may not be safe include:
- Manufacturer defects
- Inadequate amount of testing
- Study results were falsified
- The Food and Drug Administration may have recalled the product and the manufacturer did not post warnings of the recall
- The manufacturer did not include warnings of the potential side effects and drug interactions of the medication
Who Is Liable in a Dangerous Drug Claim?
The liable party can vary based on who breached the duty of care to the patient. The doctor could be held liable if they prescribed a drug to the patient and it caused deadly or severe interactions with other medications they are taking. The manufacturer of the drug could be held liable if they did improper testing or did not disclose the side effects of the drug. They could also be held liable if they falsified the testing results.
An attorney from our firm will investigate to determine who the liable party is. The liable party should be held accountable so they will not make these mistakes again and hurt other people in the future.
How Long does a Dangerous Drug Lawsuit Take?
The timeline of a lawsuit varies based on the circumstances of the case. There is no standard answer as to how long a lawsuit takes. The attorneys at our firm will work hard to resolve your case as quickly as possible.
Will My Case Have to Go to Trial?
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we negotiate with insurance companies to reach a fair settlement. If a settlement can be reached, your case will not have to go to a trial in court. If a fair settlement cannot be reached, we can take your case to trial. Our attorneys have handled many cases in court and are prepared to represent your right to receive compensation for your losses.
How Much Is My Case Worth?
There is no standard answer as to how much a dangerous drug case is worth. The value of your recoverable damages is a factor in how much you could be compensated. Recoverable damages are the amount of money a court requires someone to pay for injuring someone else. Our attorneys will review your recoverable damages to determine the value of the compensation we will seek.
Call in the Strong Arm for a Free Case Review
You don’t have to wait any longer for legal help. A McAllen dangerous drug lawyer can help you get started on your case today. Contact our firm for a free consultation.