If your injury or illness resulted from a medical provider’s negligence, we could help you identify the damages you qualify for and fight for you through every step of your case.
You can receive a free case review and ask us more about what a medical malpractice case could entail and how much compensation you could seek.
Forms of Compensation Available in a Malpractice Case
Your injuries could leave you facing an uncertain health outcome and a long road to recovery. With all these factors and others in mind, we can seek compensation for your:
- Pain and suffering: If you faced significant pain and other life challenges
- Lost wages: If you had to miss time at work due to your health condition
- Future reduced earning capacity: In the event that you cannot work at your former level prior to the injury
- Medical expenses: Any medical costs necessary to treat your injury or illness, including emergency room costs, surgeries, hospitalization, medication, and more
How Much Your Case Could Be Worth
Every malpractice case is different, and the worth of your claim or lawsuit will depend on the evidence of your case. If your medical care was (and will be) very expensive and you are left unable to work for the short-term or long-term, your settlement could be higher.
To seek a fair settlement, our medical malpractice lawyers will work to gather compelling evidence to prove the extent of your injuries and liability for your health condition.
For a free legal consultation with a medical malpractice lawyer serving McAllen, call 800-777-7777
Determining if You Have a Malpractice Case in McAllen
Basically, if a medical provider’s actions or inactions caused you harm, they could be liable for your injuries or illness. Malpractice can take many forms, but the common elements of these cases include the following:
- A medical provider owed you a certain standard of care.
- They breached that standard of care.
- You were injured as a result of their negligence.
- You suffered losses.
Examples of Malpractice Cases
For instance, consider the following examples of malpractice:
- A doctor could fail to diagnose a head injury after a sports accident. As a result of delayed treatment, a patient may face serious health complications and have to undergo extensive rehabilitative therapy.
- A nurse may fail to administer the correct medication to a patient during their hospitalization, leading to a life-threatening allergic reaction in the patient.
These cases are both quite different, as the first involves a failure to diagnose and the second involves a medication error. However, notice how each of these cases entail both:
- An error on the part of a provider
- Direct harm to the patient that required additional medical care
Our medical malpractice lawyers can investigate your McAllen case to determine whether or not you have a viable malpractice case that meets these criteria.
Who Can You Bring a Case Against?
Doctors are not the only parties who could be deemed liable in a medical malpractice case. Potential responsible parties include:
McAllen Medical Malpractice Lawyer Near Me 800-777-7777
The Statute of limitations in Texas Malpractice Cases
Your medical malpractice case may begin as an insurance claim, but we may recommend filing suit. However, you don’t have an unlimited amount of time to file a lawsuit if it becomes necessary to do so. According to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 74.251, you have two years to file a medical malpractice lawsuit.
We advise that you get started on your case as soon as you can. Doing so keeps your legal options open and allows us important time to build compelling evidence for your case.
Click to contact our Personal Injury Lawyers today
How We Can Help You Prove Your Malpractice Case
While some malpractice cases are clearer to prove, others can be trickier. For instance, a case where a doctor operates on the wrong surgery site could be more straightforward than a case where a patient’s pre-existing health conditions could have contributed to their worsened health condition.
However, we will handle every step of the process for you, including:
Gathering Evidence to Prove Your Injuries and the Other Party’s Negligence
We will work to show that your injuries were serious and impacted your life. We will also work hard to gather compelling expert testimony that links the medical provider’s action or inaction to your injury. This testimony can be crucial, especially in more complicated cases.
Negotiate with Insurance Companies on Your Behalf and Litigate if Necessary
Doctors and hospitals likely have the resources to bring skilled representation on their side. We can help ensure that someone represents your interests.
We Will Ensure Your Case Complies with Important Laws
Medical malpractice law is also complex. You don’t have to try to interpret these laws on your own with us on your side.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call in the Strong Arm for Your Malpractice Case
We can help you pursue fair compensation for your injuries. If necessary, we can even meet you in McAllen or elsewhere in Texas to speak with you about your case. We know that an injury may leave you hospitalized or compromise your mobility, and we don’t want that to be a barrier to seeking representation.
During your free case review, you can ask us about:
- Whether or not you have a viable malpractice case
- How much your case could be worth
- How we might be able to seek the best possible settlement for you
Receive Your Free Case Review Today
You don’t have to be alone in your case. We represent , and we are ready to get to work for you.
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today for a free case review to learn how our medical malpractice lawyers serving McAllen can help you seek justice and compensation. Our number is (800) 777-7777.