Construction accidents are a major cause of injury in Texas, even for individuals who aren’t working on the site. If you or a loved one have been injured in a non-work-related construction accident, you may be able to seek compensation for the losses you suffered as a result.
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we firmly believe in holding companies accountable for their actions. If your injuries are due to a construction worker’s negligent or careless actions, you should not have to pay for the damages they caused. Our McKinney construction accident lawyers can help you navigate the claim process and file a lawsuit, if necessary.
Our Attorneys Will Seek Justice and Compensation for Your Losses
For more than 30 years, Loncar Lyon Jenkins has successfully represented personal injury victims across Texas. Our team of construction accident attorneys will review your case to determine the at-fault party, whether it’s an individual worker, supervisor, or construction company. If you or someone you love has been injured due to negligent construction practices, either as a bystander or a visitor, call in the Strong Arm at Loncar Lyon Jenkins to defend your legal right to compensation.
For a free legal consultation with a Construction Accidents lawyer serving McKinney, call 877-239-4878
Types of Construction Accidents in McKinney, TX
Construction sites are dangerous to workers and bystanders alike. For this reason, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) maintains specific safety standards to ensure the safety of all individuals on a construction site. Even as a non-employee, you can be injured if the construction site does not meet OSHA standards. In fact, the majority of construction-related injuries are caused by violations of OSHA standards, including:
- Lack of fall protection, such as handrails or guardrails
- Insufficient ladder safety protocols
- Dangerous scaffolding and construction framing
- Insufficient respiratory protection
- Inadequate electrical safety measures
- Insufficient chemical hazard mitigation
- Unsafe equipment and machine operation
- Inadequate guarding or protection methods, such as fencing, security walls, gates, and locking mechanisms
- Lack of communication for hazards, such as warning signs, paint, or caution tape
Construction site accidents can occur to anyone on or near a construction site, so do not hesitate to reach out to a construction accident attorney if you have been injured, even if you are not a worker. If your injuries are due to someone else’s negligence, you may be eligible for compensation for your losses.
McKinney Construction Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Injuries You Can Sustain in a Construction Accident
No matter how careful the construction company or its workers are, construction sites present many hazards to bystanders and visitors alike. Common injuries that occur on or near construction sites include:
- Respiratory distress
- Head, face, and eye injury
- Traumatic brain injury
- Sprains, strains, and broken bones
- Internal injury
- Lost body part or amputation
- Neck, back, and spinal injuries
- Burns, scarring, and disfigurement
Construction areas are extremely dangerous, even when the workers follow OSHA guidelines. Without proper precautions, innocent bystanders can suffer lifelong injuries and even death.
Filing a Wrongful Death Lawsuit
If you lose a loved one in a non-work-related construction accident, our wrongful death attorneys are here to help. We will help you navigate the insurance claims and wrongful death lawsuit associated with your loss. We understand that there is no replacement for a lost loved one. Our attorneys will help you seek justice and compensation to ease the financial burdens associated with your loss.
Contact our McKinney Construction Accident Attorneys today
Damages You Can Seek in a Construction Accident Claim
If you or someone you love has experienced a severe injury as a result of a construction accident, you should not have to pay for the losses you incurred. A McKinney construction accident lawyer can help you seek compensation for the following damages:
- Economic damages, such as lost income, medical bills, and medical equipment
- Non-economic damages, such as pain and suffering, mental anguish, and reduced quality of life
- Exemplary damages, such as punitive damages and other non-compensatory damages
If your construction accident injury was due to someone else’s malicious or grossly negligent actions, you may be able to claim exemplary damages. While compensatory damages are designed to provide monetary compensation for your economic and non-economic losses, exemplary damages are used to punish the guilty party. The goal of exemplary damages is to discourage the at-fault person or company from repeating the actions that caused your injury.
Exemplary damages are rarely awarded and must meet a very high standard of proof. An attorney familiar with Texas personal injury law can explain the different types of damages you can claim for your construction injury, help you build a claim, and file a lawsuit, if necessary.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What To Do After a McKinney Construction Accident
Construction accidents are often traumatic and can have long-term effects on your quality of life. If you are injured in a construction accident, follow these steps to protect your health and well-being:
- Call 911 and obtain medical assistance. Your health takes priority after an accident. Head injuries are especially common on construction sites, and even severe injuries may not present until days or weeks later. Seek medical attention as soon as possible to avoid dangerous complications.
- Document everything. When you seek medical attention, your medical records will help support your claim for financial compensation. If you are able to do so, take photos of the accident scene and your injuries. Obtain witness contact information and write down your account of the events as they occurred. Details can become fuzzy later when you’re dealing with medical treatments and recovery, so it is best to write them down while they are fresh in your mind.
- Contact an attorney. The construction company and their insurance carrier will do everything they can to reduce their liability for your injuries. An attorney will help you with statements, correspondence, and negotiations. Do not sign anything or make a statement before you speak with an attorney.
- Do not admit fault. Even if you think you may have been partly responsible for the accident, do not make any statements that can be construed as an admission of fault. Avoid signing any statements, limitations on liability, or settlement agreements before you consult with your lawyer.
Texas personal injury law bases accident settlements on comparative fault. This means that the construction company may be able to reduce the amount they pay for your injuries if they can prove you had any responsibility in the accident.
A Loncar Lyon Jenkins construction lawyer will be familiar with Texas construction laws and personal injury statutes. We know the methods used by construction companies and their insurance carriers to deflect blame, and we will actively protect your legal right to compensation from even the most unscrupulous companies.
Texas Statute of Limitations for Construction Accident Claims
Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 limits the time you have to file a lawsuit for your construction accident injury. Reach out to a lawyer right away for assistance with your claim. An attorney can establish the at-fault party, determine your claim’s value, and conduct negotiations on your behalf. We will take care of the legalities of your claim, so you can rest and recover.
Partner With Loncar Lyon Jenkins for Your McKinney Construction Injury Claim
If you or a loved one is suffering the effects of a non-work-related construction injury, the construction accident attorneys at Loncar Lyon Jenkins are here to help. We are aware of the extreme difficulties faced by injury victims on a physical, emotional, and financial level. Our attorneys aim to lighten the burden by helping victims obtain justice and financial compensation for their losses.
Contact our legal team today to discuss your construction accident claim.
Call or text 877-239-4878 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form