A brain injury can happen any time you have a serious accident. The bad news is, once you incur a brain injury, it could have long-lasting consequences. If you have suffered from a brain injury due to an accident of any kind in Odessa, you could secure financial recovery. A lawyer with Loncar Lyon Jenkins can help you with this pursuit.
We work on a contingency fee basis and do not include any added or hidden fees. This means your lawyer only collects their fee if we win a settlement in your case.
Loncar Lyon Jenkins Works to Secure the Financial Recovery You Need to Move Forward
Loncar Lyon Jenkins began with the vision Brian Loncar in 1988. We now have several locations across Texas and have developed a reputable presence in the state.
We represent thousands of clients each year, but strive to make each client feel like he or she is the only one. We believe in a one-on-one approach that is personable and warm. You will be treated with respect and honesty from the moment you connect with our attorneys.
Below are some of the reviews our past clients have left. Take a look:
- “Brian Locar is a very good attorney He works hard and quick to get you satisfied!!!! Highly recommend Working with him !!!” – Samyia J.
- I have had such a delightful experience with Loncar Associates. Though it has taken a while to get through the entire process, they have taken care of me and made sure my needs have been met. They fought to get me what I deserve and I could not be more thankful for them. When in doubt, choose Loncar!! – Justice G.
For a free legal consultation with a brain injuries lawyer serving Odessa, call 877-239-4878
Recoverable Damages From Injuries
Since the damages from a brain injury in Odessa could be extensive, the monetary reward should match the suffering. A lawyer with our firm can gather the evidence in your case to show the losses you are dealing with due to a brain injury.
Some of these recoverable damages include:
- Past and future medical expenses, including prescription medications, hospital stays, imaging tests, bloodwork, and follow-up doctor’s appointments
- Lost income, covering bonuses, tips, commissions, hourly rates, and vacation time
- Pain and suffering, if your brain injury causes you physical pain
- Disability or disfigurement, if the injury impacted your cognitive or physical abilities
- Wrongful death, applicable if your loved one succumbed to their brain injury
Not only are there physical injuries after a TBI, but you are probably dealing with emotional trauma, mental distress, and anxiety, too. Your attorney will work to get you the compensation you need that will aid you and your family throughout your recovery.
Odessa Brain Injuries Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Working with Our Brain Injuries Lawyers in Odessa
When you call in the Strong Arm, one of our lawyers will help develop a case for you. They handle all the leg work to help you fight for a fair settlement. Their goal is to establish connecting the accident to the injuries with evidence.
Some of these tasks include:
- Analyzing your case to determine liability
- Collecting evidence in your case
- Interviewing witnesses
- Obtaining your medical records
- Scheduling medical testing and exams to show future damages
- Collecting police reports, if applicable
- Preparing and promptly filing all court papers
- Negotiating a settlement with the other party’s insurer
- Managing emails and phone calls with the other parties involved in the case
If you are concerned about the costs of hiring one of our lawyers after reading this list of services, don’t be. Loncar Lyon Jenkins is a contingency-based firm. This means there are no upfront, out-of-pocket, or hourly payments due. Instead, our fee comes from your final financial award. If we can’t reach a settlement or obtain a court award, you owe us nothing. This way, you can focus on getting better without taking any risks.
Contact our Odessa Brain Injury Attorneys today
Filing a Brain Injury Lawsuit
The American Bar Association (ABA) points out that you most likely won’t have to file a lawsuit to obtain damages. However, there are instances when it is a better option. Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 explains that those bringing a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit usually have two years to do so.
It’s important that you inform us about your case quickly, because:
- The deadline might be shorter than two years (e.g., if a government agency caused the accident).
- Evidence can disappear within several months (e.g., surveillance videos might be destroyed, or witnesses might misremember what happened).
- You may not be allowed to collect any financial recovery if you try to file after the deadline has expired.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Brain Injuries Can Be Difficult to Detect
A brain injury can be traumatic, severe, or apparent, but it can also sometimes be hidden. In other words, you can have a brain injury without external bleeding.
The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) defines a traumatic brain injury (TBI) as “a form of acquired brain injury, occurs when a sudden trauma causes damage to the brain.” There are many types of situations that could cause sudden trauma to the brain (or head).
Mayo Clinic notes that a TBI usually happens when the head is struck violently, or something sharp penetrates the head. A brain injury can be mild or severe, depending on the event that precipitated it. After experiencing a TBI, you could experience symptoms such as:
- Nausea or vomiting
- Difficulty forming words, slurred speech
- Drowsiness and fatigue
- Change in sleeping patterns (sleeping too much or too little)
Some people experience these symptoms for several months or even years, depending on many factors. There is no cure for a TBI.
How Brain Injuries May Occur
As noted above, a TBI occurs when trauma happens to the brain or head. Several things can cause this injury. A violent car wreck can result in a TBI if the impact throws you forward. It would be especially possible if you strike your head against the car’s interior. Even if the vehicle rolls over, you could be at risk for a brain injury.
Another way a brain injury could occur is if you slip and fall and strike your head on a hard surface, such as a floor or pavement. If you weren’t able to “break” the fall with your hands and arms at all, and you fell back on your head, the force to your head could be tragic.
No matter what the cause of your accident was, our lawyers can help you pursue personal injury compensation.
A Lawyer with Our Firm is Ready to Help You After Suffering a Brain Injury in Odessa
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, our top priority is making sure you receive fair compensation for your injuries. We make it our mission to ensure you can rest easy without any worries during this process.
Call in the Strong Arm today by dialing (877) 239-4878. We provide free case reviews.