When people follow proper safety measures, boating is a fun activity to be enjoyed by all. However, accidents can happen, and when they do, they can result in severe injuries. If you were injured in a Plano boating accident, a lawyer can seek fair compensation for your injury-related losses.
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we fight for clients’ rights and fair compensation. We compile evidence surrounding your claim, speak with insurance companies, and file a lawsuit if necessary. After your boating accident, a Plano personal injury lawyer from our law firm is ready to manage your case.
You Can Learn More About Your Personal Injury Case During a Free Consult
Financial concerns should never prevent you from seeking the compensation you deserve. That is why we offer free consultations to all of our boating accident clients.
When you contact us, we can discuss your options and determine your next steps. If you choose to partner with us, we’ll handle your claim on a contingency-fee basis, meaning we don’t charge anything unless we recover damages.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
How You Could Benefit From Hiring a Plano Boating Accident Lawyer
From the moment you hire us, we get to work advocating for your best interests. As we fight for maximum compensation from the negligent party, we put your needs above all else.
We Work With the Statute of Limitations in Mind
Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 states that victims have just two years from the date of their accident to file a personal injury lawsuit against a negligent party. This may seem like ample time, but compiling thorough evidence can take a while. What’s more, once the two-year deadline expires, you lose the right to seek damages.
Deadlines like these are why we want to work on your case as soon as possible. We will ensure that the statute of limitations is adhered to, allowing you to seek financial recovery through negotiations or litigation.
Our Law Firm Determines the Liable Party
To recover compensation, we must prove that another party’s negligence led to your accident and subsequent damages. This requires us to show:
- The other party had an obligation to act with reasonable caution. For instance, all watercraft operators must adhere to posted signage and keep their boats in working order.
- The other party violated this obligation through their actions or omissions. For instance, someone who operates a boat while intoxicated breaches their duty of care.
- The other party caused your boating accident.
- You have losses, such as healthcare expenses, stemming from the collision.
Our law firm gathers evidence to support your case, such as boat maintenance logs, eyewitness testimony, and accident reconstruction data. With Loncar Lyon Jenkins, you can get more than a personal injury attorney; you get the insight of our entire team.
We Can Represent You in Court, if Necessary
Since our founding in 1988, we’ve resolved most boating accident claims through negotiations. However, if the liable insurance company refuses to settle, we can file a lawsuit on your behalf. This requires our team to:
- Take depositions
- File your case within the applicable statute of limitations
- Present compelling evidence
- Cross-examine witnesses
- Apply state and federal law to your case
- Object to unfair proceedings
You only have to focus on your health and well-being throughout litigation. In the meantime, we will do everything possible to compel damages from the liable party.
Our Attorneys Seek Fair Compensation for Your Plano Boating Accident
One incident shouldn’t uproot your financial stability and peace of mind. The other party should pay for your losses, allowing you to access medical care and move on with your life. Through a claim or lawsuit, the legal team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins can seek:
The Full Cost of Your Economic Losses
Economic damages are losses that come with documentation like receipts, bills, and invoices. They include:
- Medical bills
- Property damage costs
- Lost income, tips, bonuses, and other sources of revenue
- The cost of any out-of-pocket expenses
Your non-economic damages, unlike your economic damages, do not come with verifiable dollar amounts. Rather, their values depend on your situation. Examples of non-economic damages in your claim or personal injury lawsuit may include:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of consortium
- Lost quality of life
- Scarring and disfigurement
Any damage you incur from your accident is recoverable. If you are unsure whether you can recover compensation for something, consult with your Plano personal injury attorney.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
The Value of Your Boating Accident Case Depends on Your Situation
Factors that will influence how much you can recover include:
- The severity of your injuries
- Significance of the damage to your boat and other property
- The degree of the other party’s negligence
- The long-term effects of the injuries sustained
- If you lost a loved one
We will seek everything you deserve for your boating accident. We take the outcome of your case just as seriously as you do.
Considerations After Your Boating Accident
Here are some things that could bolster your case’s outcome following a boating collision:
- Seek medical care. Getting a healthcare provider’s attention is paramount to your case’s outcome. It proves that you suffered an injury, sought medical attention, and have compensable losses. We can also use medical documentation to aid during negotiations.
- Refuse to give a recorded statement. Giving a recorded statement benefits one party: the insurance company. Your lawyer can supply the information needed to push your case forward.
- Refer all settlement offers to your legal team. The liable insurer may offer what initially appears to be a fair settlement shortly after your accident. Yet, until you understand the full cost of your damages, you shouldn’t entertain these offers. Our legal team can explain what offers are fair.
You can learn more about your legal options when you connect with our firm.
Connect With Our Law Firm Today Regarding Your Injury Lawsuit
If you were injured in a boating accident, do not allow another party’s actions to put your finances in jeopardy.
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we are committed to recovering optimal compensation. We will work tirelessly to ensure that you are treated fairly throughout the entire legal process, and we will represent you in court if necessary. To learn more about how our Plano boating accident lawyers can help you, call us for a free consultation today.