Defective products come in many different forms. In some cases, you may not even realize you were the victim of a defective product until years later. No matter what product caused your injuries, you should know you could take legal action against the offenders who caused your pain and suffering. If another party is found liable, you may be entitled to seek compensation.
If you retain a Plano defective product lawyer at Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we can assist you with every aspect of your legal case – just like we do for over 7,000 clients every year. We have been fighting for injured Texans since 1988, and we look forward to fighting for you.
Should You Hire a Lawyer for a Defective Product?
Here at Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we have made it our goal to fight for justice in our communities. With a Plano defective product lawyer in your corner, we hope you can find a sense of comfort knowing you do not have to go through this alone. Our legal services include:
- Legal counsel and civil litigation services
- Assigning case values
- Settlement negotiations
- Determining liability
- Working with insurance companies
- Gathering evidence, including eyewitness testimony
The Statute of Limitations in Your Case
We understand the legal process may seem complicated. That is why we are here to help you keep track of important deadlines and statutes – like Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code §16.003. This law places a two-year time limit on filing personal injury lawsuits. You must file a lawsuit within two years of your accident if you want to remain eligible for compensation.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Recoverable Damages for Victims of Defective Products
Defective products can harm you physically, financially, and psychologically. When you file a claim or lawsuit against the negligent parties, it is important to address all of your losses so you can fully recover from your trauma and move on with the rest of your life.
You may be able to recover many different losses, including:
- Medical bills
- Diminished quality of life
- Property damage
- Lost wages and benefits
- Lost income potential
- Dealing with long-term disabilities
If you lost a loved one to a defective product injury, we can even help you seek compensation for your losses related to their passing. This could include medical expenses, funeral and burial costs, and more.
We can help you determine the value of your case and seek a fair settlement for your injuries. If it is necessary to take your case to court, we are prepared to fight for you from start to finish of your case. We know it can be intimidating to bring a case against a major business or corporate entity. At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we are prepared to advocate for you–no matter who the liable party may be in your case.
The Most Common Defective Products We’ve Filed Claims for
Generally, any product you buy can be defective – and you may be within your rights to take legal action against the manufacturer, retailer, business, or employee who sold it to you.
A defective product is any product that does not fulfill its intended purpose, ultimately leading to your injuries or illness. Accordingly, some defective products may injure you immediately – like a defective airbag. In other cases, the product may slowly injure you over time, such as weed killers that cause cancer.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) compiles lists of products that have been recalled due to the risks associated with using them. Some of these defective products include:
- Medical products: These defective products include prescription drugs, over-the-counter medications, medical devices, and machinery. Examples include vitamins, anti-acid pills, veterinary medications, medical implants, X-rays, painkillers, and heart medications.
- Food: Meats, vegetables, snacks, and canned goods can all become contaminated. The contamination could occur from exposure to viruses, diseases, or harmful chemicals. The packaging itself can also cause injuries.
- Beauty products: Many cosmetics are synthesized from a combination of man-made chemicals, plants, dyes, and other substances. If manufactured poorly, these products can lead to superficial wounds, disfigurement, or diseases.
- Environmental products: As the years go by, we learn more and more about the dangers of pesticides, rodenticides, and fungicides. Some of these life-threatening products have resulted in class action lawsuits.
- Boats and nautical equipment: Defective boating equipment can lead to fires, capsizing, drownings, and chemical exposure. In some cases, a boat mechanic may have installed a defective product. Examples include defective motors, rudders, sails, life rafts, and navigational equipment.
- Motor vehicles: Potentially defective products in motor vehicles include seat belts, car seats, airbags, brakes, electrical systems, accelerators, and tires.
- Consumer products: These cover a wide range of products, including clothes, cleaning products, kitchen appliances, furniture, washers and dryers, camping equipment, guns, toys, lighters, and electronics.
If your injuries were caused by a defective product such as those listed above or another product, a Plano defective product lawyer at Loncar Lyon Jenkins can help. We can identify the source of the issue and, ultimately, who was responsible for your injuries. During our investigation, we can call upon industry specialists to help us understand the intricacies of your unique case, such as mechanics, manufacturing experts, chemists, medical professionals, and more.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Call in the Strong Arm Attorneys for Help Today
To learn more during your free consultation, contact a Loncar Lyon Jenkins representative today.