If you have been injured in an accident involving an Uber or Lyft vehicle, you deserve financial justice. You could be eligible for compensation if you were injured as a motorist, passenger, or pedestrian. You could also seek damages if you lost a loved one.
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we help San Antonio rideshare accident victims get justice. We can get started on your case today.
How Much Compensation Will I Get?
Right now, there is no way to determine precisely how much compensation you should get. The value of your case will be based on many factors, such as:
- The length of your recovery period
- The details of your necessary medical care
- The impact of the accident on your personal and professional life
- Whether you lost a loved one, such as a spouse or child
In general, you can recover both economic and non-economic damages. Your San Antonio Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyer can calculate these losses based on your situation.
Economic Damages Have Monetary Values
Economic damages reimburse a victim for the financial losses resulting from their accident. The more severe a victim’s injury, the greater their financial expenses.
Compensable economic damages after a rideshare accident include:
- Emergency medical costs, such as ambulance rides, hospital visits or stays, assessments, and surgeries
- Ongoing medical treatment, like follow-up doctors’ appointments and assistive devices
- Rehabilitation costs, such as occupational or physical therapy
- Your past, present, and future lost wages
- Funeral expenses
Non-Economic Damages do Not Have Monetary Values
Non-economic damages compensate an individual for their non-monetary losses, such as pain and suffering, mental anguish, and impaired quality of life.
If you lost a loved one, some non-economic damages in your case could include loss of consortium, loss of parental guidance, and loss of household benefits.
For a free legal consultation with a uber and lyft rideshare accidents lawyer serving San Antonio, call 800-777-7777
Am I Eligible to Recover Compensation?
If you or a loved one was the victim of negligence, you could be eligible to recover the cost of your damages. Your eligibility for legal action will depend on the following four factors:
- You were owed a duty of care by the at-fault party.
- The at-fault party failed to uphold this obligation.
- You were injured or lost a loved one due to a rideshare driver’s actions.
- You have losses because of the accident.
The team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins can prove these elements and build your case as required by the American Bar Association (ABA).
You Can Still Recover Compensation Even if You were Partially to Blame
Texas is a “proportionate responsibility” state, per Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 33.001. As long as you were not more than 50 percent responsible for the accident, you may still be eligible for compensation.
Your role in the accident will affect the money you can get. For instance, if you were 40 percent responsible for the crash, you would only be able to recover 60 percent of your losses.
An Uber and Lyft rideshare accident lawyer serving San Antonio can investigate your accident to prove fault. They can do this by gathering:
- Your medical records
- Traffic camera recordings
- The accident report
- Witness statements
- Testimony from healthcare providers and accident reconstruction experts
- Photos of the accident scene, the involved vehicles, and your injuries
San Antonio Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me 800-777-7777
Your Case is Subject to Certain Time Limits
The statute of limitations in your case will depend on:
- How old you were at the time of the accident
- Whether you are filing on behalf of a late loved one
- When you discovered your accident-related injuries
- When your collision happened
You will likely have two years from the date of your accident or loved one’s passing to file your lawsuit, per Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003.
Our team can file your case within the appropriate timeframe and advocate for your right to financial recovery.
Click to contact our Personal Injury Lawyers today
How We will Handle the Financial Recovery Process
When you entrust your case to us, you can expect the following:
We will File Your Claim
We will start your claim by sending a demand letter to the insurance company. This will list your damages and the details of the collision. The insurer’s response will determine what course of action we take next.
We will Negotiate a Settlement
If the liable insurer denies or lowballs your claim, we will attempt to negotiate a settlement agreement. We also will protect you against any unfair tactics that try to derail your case.
We will Take Your Case to Court
If the liable insurer does not agree to our terms, then we can file a lawsuit against the at-fault party. In your case, this could be the rideshare company, the negligent driver, or another party.
To advance your lawsuit, we will:
- File your case in accordance with Texas’s statute of limitations
- Demonstrate the four elements of negligence
- Cross-examine the defendant’s witnesses
- Represent you in court
- Advise you on your options
Insurance companies know that Loncar Lyon Jenkins does not play games. In our experience, when the insurer learns that we have filed a lawsuit, they come forth with a fair offer.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call in the Strong Arm
A rideshare accident lawyer in San Antonio can help you seek justice. At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we fight for victims and the money they deserve. Let us review your case and see if we can help you. There is someone to take your call right now.
Call us at (800) 777-7777 to get started today.