The sudden loss of a family member is a devastating time no one can prepare for. After the death of a loved one, the surviving family members could be left with an emotional toll and financial challenges.
A wrongful death lawsuit cannot bring your loved one back, but it could help you find closure. Our Sugar Land wrongful death lawyers could hold the negligent party accountable and alleviate the financial struggles brought on by the death of your loved one.
Our Sugar Land Wrongful Death Lawyer Can Help You Recover Compensation
Our personal injury firm has helped families who have lost loved ones due to wrongful death since 1988. We understand the financial consequences of losing a loved one. We hope to hold the responsible party accountable so your family can move forward. Benefits of choosing our firm include:
- We offer free consultations to potential clients. During the consultation, we can listen to you describe what happened and the damages you incurred. We can explain your legal options and how we can be helpful to your case.
- A member of our team is available 24/7. You can reach a member of our team at all times.
- We work on a contingency-fee basis. This means you do not have to pay for our legal services until you recover compensation.
- We have Spanish-speaking members on our team. We can accommodate our Spanish-speaking clients.
- We prepare all cases to go to court. If a fair settlement offer cannot be reached, we are always prepared to take your case to court.
- We will meet virtually. If you cannot meet at our offices, we could conduct meetings virtually to discuss the details of your case.
We are compassionate attorneys who want to see our clients recover fair compensation.
How Our Wrongful Death Attorneys Can Help You
Our attorneys can provide legal guidance, so you understand the compensation your case is worth. We can negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf to hopefully reach a fair settlement agreement and stay out of court.
On top of negotiating with insurance companies, we can build your wrongful death case by doing the following:
- Providing ongoing legal advice
- Gathering medical information and other documentation that could be helpful to the case
- Working with medical experts
- Talking to witnesses to support your claim
- Handling communications on your behalf so your only worry is grieving the loss of your loved one
For a free legal consultation with a Wrongful Death lawyer serving Sugar Land, call 877-239-4878
Damages Loncar Lyon Jenkins Could Help You Recover
After your loved one passes away due to wrongful death, there are damages you could recover. Damages in a wrongful death case could include:
- Medical expenses: Any costs associated with lifesaving or comfort measures taken at a medical facility
- Lost income: The amount of money the decedent could have earned and provided for their family (including the wages they would have earned until they were of retirement age)
- Costs of laying their loved one to rest: This could include funeral and burial or cremation expenses.
- Loss of consortium: The loss of the decedent’s love and companionship
A Sugar Land lawyer from our firm could fight for your family to receive compensation for the damages you incurred because of a wrongful death.
Sugar Land Wrongful Death Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
What is a Wrongful Death Case?
A wrongful death case is a civil action that can be brought on by the surviving family members or the decedent’s estate. It occurs when someone passes away because of negligent or intentional actions of someone else.
Loncar Lyon Jenkins has handled many wrongful death cases and understands the legal complexities that could arise. After the death of a loved one, we can provide the personal attention you need. We are attorneys who will provide a Strong Arm for you to lean on throughout an extremely difficult time.
Common Accidents Resulting in Wrongful Death
Wrongful death can happen in many ways. Our attorneys have commonly worked on wrongful death cases that are a result of these types of accidents:
- Car, truck, and motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Accidents where the driver is driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Medical malpractice
- Dangerous drugs
Regardless of how your loved one passed away, our attorneys can investigate the circumstances of the case. Once we investigate, we can develop a solid case strategy to hold the at-fault party accountable.
Contact our Sugar Land Wrongful Death Attorneys today
Who Can File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit?
According to Texas Civil Practice & Remedies Code § 71.004, some surviving family members have the right to file a wrongful death claim. Typically, the family members who can file a wrongful death claim include:
If the spouse, children, or parents do not sue for wrongful death within three months, the executor or personal representative of the estate may file the claim. Although, if the spouse, children, and parents request a wrongful death claim not be filed, the courts will respect that decision.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
How Much Time You Have To File a Wrongful Death Lawsuit
Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 states you have two years from the date of the cause of action to file a lawsuit. Because you have a limited time to act, speaking with your attorney soon after the accident can be helpful to your case. This will give our Sugar Land wrongful death team more time to prepare a solid case strategy.
Contact a Wrongful Death Attorney’s Team Members Today
You should not have to handle the financial consequences of losing a loved one alone. Our attorneys will be by your side every step of the way fighting for you to recover the compensation you need.
Contact our firm today for a free consultation. We can negotiate a fair settlement agreement with the opposing side. We can prepare to advocate for you in court if we cannot reach a fair settlement agreement.