If you or a loved one has been injured in a pedestrian accident, you could be dealing with costly medical treatments, a long road to recovery, and other hardships resulting from the accident. Luckily, you have options for pursuing financial recovery.
After your accident, a lawyer from our firm can help you take legal action and fight for the compensation you need. Our legal team will be by your side throughout the process, ensuring your best interests are in mind.
Benefits of Choosing Loncar Lyon Jenkins To Manage Your Pedestrian Accident Case
Hiring a personal injury lawyer from our firm has benefits beyond filing paperwork related to your case. Our goal is to assist you throughout the entire legal process so you can focus on recovering from your injuries. When you hire a lawyer from our firm, we will:
- Keep you updated on your case. Communication with you is a top priority.
- Investigate your case, utilizing our resources to ensure we are developing a strong case.
- Determine who is liable for your accident. It is important to assess all parties involved to ensure they are being held responsible for their actions or inactions.
- Evaluate your losses to establish the value of your case. Determining the value of your case can be complicated, but a knowledgeable lawyer can help ensure you have the documentation needed to fight for fair compensation.
- Communicate with other parties on your behalf. Insurance companies often want to save money and give you a low settlement offer. With the help of a lawyer, your best interests will be in mind while we advocate for you to receive the settlement you deserve.
- Represent you in a trial if we are unable to reach a settlement.
It is important you hire a lawyer as soon after the accident as possible to meet the statute of limitations timeline. Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 states you typically have two years from the date of the incident to file a lawsuit. Failure to file on time may make you ineligible to file a lawsuit.
You Can Afford a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer From Our Firm
The thought of legal fees is an additional expense you may feel unsure about taking on. We understand the financial hardships you are facing right now, which is why we can take your case on a contingency-fee basis. With this fee structure, you do not pay your attorney anything upfront or out-of-pocket. Instead, we only receive payment from you after we win or settle your case.
For a free legal consultation with a Pedestrian Accidents lawyer serving Texas, call 877-239-4878
How Much Is My Pedestrian Accident Case Worth?
The value of a pedestrian accident case varies depending on the specific circumstances of your accident, as well as the extent of your injuries. Factors that may be considered include:
- The extent of your injuries, including if your injuries are long-term or permanent. This also includes current and future medical bills, physical therapy or rehabilitation needs, and changes to your living accommodations if necessary.
- How the accident affects your everyday life and ability to financially provide for yourself and your family.
- Pain and suffering as a result of the injuries or medical treatment for those injuries, as well as loss of enjoyment of life.
If someone’s negligent actions caused your injuries, they should be held financially responsible for your losses. Our Texas pedestrian accident lawyer can discuss the losses you are experiencing and determine an estimated value for your case.
Family Members Could Recover Compensation If Their Loved One Passes Away
If your loved one passed away as a result of their injuries from the accident, you may be eligible to file a wrongful death lawsuit. The deceased person’s surviving spouse, children, and parents may be eligible to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
In the event of a successful wrongful death lawsuit, you could receive compensation for:
- Lost income or other financial support your loved one provided, including lost savings or inheritance
- Lost services they provided the household
- Mental pain and anguish you are experiencing because of losing a loved one
- Lost companionship
If you would like to file a wrongful death lawsuit, you can reach out to our attorneys to determine if you are eligible to do so.
Texas Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, the top contributing factors of accidents involving pedestrians are:
- Pedestrians failing to yield the right-of-way to vehicles
- Drivers failing to yield the right-of-way to pedestrians
- Driver inattention
Pedestrians are the most at risk while traveling on the road. There is no barrier of protective equipment such as airbags, seat belts, and bumpers to separate you from harm.
Contact our Texas Pedestrian Accident Attorneys today
Proving Fault in Your Pedestrian Accident Case
Determining fault can be difficult to do in a pedestrian accident case because there could be more than one negligent or careless party. When we investigate your case, we gather evidence to prove the elements of negligence. This evidence can include a police report, witness testimonies, photographs and videos, medical records, and even crash reconstruction analysis.
We work hard to build a strong case for you to receive the compensation you need to recover from the aftereffects of the accident.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Common Pedestrian Accident Injuries
Injuries from a pedestrian accident can range in severity. It is possible you could leave the scene of the accident with minor cuts and bruises, but it is more common to sustain serious injuries such as:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal injuries
- Neck injuries
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Chest and abdominal injuries
- Loss or change of cognitive functioning
- Memory loss
- Hearing or vision loss
- Post-traumatic stress disorder or other mental health issues
Contact Our Texas Pedestrian Accident Team Today for Your Free Consultation
If you were hurt in a pedestrian accident, you have legal options for pursuing compensation. You could file a claim or lawsuit to seek justice from the liable party.
Don’t wait any longer to get started with your free consultation. We are here to help you pursue the justice you deserve. Contact us today, we are available 24/7.