A boating accident can leave you with serious injuries that prevent you from working, cost a lot to treat, and cause considerable pain and suffering. If someone else’s carelessness caused your injury, our boating accident lawyer serving Tyler can represent you in a legal action against the at-fault party.
Our Tyler personal injury lawyer can pursue compensation for losses like medical expenses and property damage. You can use this money to buy the things you need to recover and support your family while you are unable to work.
Damages Available to Boating Accident Survivors in Tyler
After a boat accident, you could be eligible for compensation based on two main types of losses: economic, or financial losses and non-economic, or intangible losses. You can pursue your recoverable losses by filing a personal injury claim or lawsuit.
Non-Economic Damages You May Recover After a Boat Collision
To qualify for non-economic damages, you will have to prove that the accident has caused you unnecessary physical and mental distress. Our personal injury attorney can help you seek damages that include:
- Disabilities caused by your injuries, such as bone fractures, paralysis, nerve damage, or traumatic brain injuries
- Pain and suffering, such as physical discomfort from injuries like neck injuries, brain damage, spinal cord injuries, or other catastrophic injuries
- Reduced quality of life, such as the inability to dress yourself, take care of your children or pets, drive a car, or play your favorite sport
- Loss of consortium, such as your inability to maintain strong emotional, physical, or conjugal relations or bonds with your spouse
- Mental anguish, such as the emotional distress you feel because of depression or anxiety brought on by the accident
Recoverable Economic Damages for Tyler Accident Victims
Economic damages refer to the money you could have earned or saved if the accident had not happened. We commonly seek economic damages like the following:
- Medical expenses, including the cost of medication, therapy, hospitalization, in-home nursing, and home renovations aimed at making your home more accessible to any assistive medical devices you need
- Property damage, especially if the accident caused enough damage to your boat that you needed to pay for repairs or replace it
- Loss of income, including any money and/or job benefits that your injuries prevented you from earning by keeping you home from work
- Loss of income and reduced earning capacity, if the accident costs you time away from your job and/or will prevent you from seeking work in your chosen field in the future
These and other damages are typically available to accident survivors like you as long as you take legal action in no less than two years, per Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003. You generally must begin your legal case within two years or forfeit your right to take action against the liable party.
Loncar Lyon Jenkins wants to make sure that you file your case in time to recover the damages your family needs and deserves. The sooner you get in touch with our Tyler personal injury law firm, the more we may be able to do to assist you.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
What Our Tyler Boat Accident Attorney Can Do to Help You Seek Fair Compensation
Our firm is dedicated to helping people who were injured due to someone else’s negligence. In boating accident cases, negligence might involve:
- A boat operator who goes too fast, does not pay attention to their surroundings, or drinks while driving
- A boat owner who does not maintain their vehicle properly, leading to malfunctions or breakdowns
- A boat part manufacturer that knowingly sold a defective product which ended up contributing to the accident
- A dock owner who does not post appropriate warning signs or who does not keep the dock in good condition
The team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins is not afraid to confront any liable party, even if they are a large and powerful corporation.
Our Legal Team Will Take Over Your Case When You Hire Us After a Tyler Boat Incident
Our boating accident attorneys can seek financial compensation on your behalf in the following ways:
- We can begin your case even before you visit our office. A member of our team will evaluate your case over the phone for free, and we can start by meeting you virtually if you are unable to travel.
- Our team can investigate your accident for evidence that proves negligence, such as accident reports, video footage, or eyewitness testimony. We can also use your medical records to prove the extent of your injuries.
- Once we have used evidence to identify the liable party, we can contact their insurance company and ask for an appropriate settlement. If the insurer agrees, we can draw up the settlement agreement for you to sign.
- If the insurer resists paying what you asked for, we can negotiate with them. Our boating accident attorney can show the insurer your case file with all of the evidence proving that the liable party was at fault.
- If necessary, we can represent you at trial. We can bring witnesses, submit evidence, and deliver all oral arguments, statements, and objections on your behalf.
Our goal is to make the legal process as accessible and stress-free as possible for our clients. Feel free to ask us any legal questions you may have, and rest assured that we charge no attorney’s fees until after you get your money.
How Our Personal Injury Attorneys Handle Fatal Boating Accidents in Tyler
There are, unfortunately, some boating accident injuries that are too serious to recover from, even if your loved one is able to get out of the water and seek prompt medical care.
If you end up losing a loved one in a negligence-related boating accident, it is important for you to understand your legal rights. These include:
- The right to file a lawsuit within two years of the accident, just as you would after a personal injury
- The right to hire a wrongful death attorney from our firm to investigate and manage your case
- The right to pursue compensation for your losses, including funeral costs, loss of companionship, and loss of your loved one’s financial support
If your loved one passed away in a fatal boating accident, please accept our condolences for your loss. Loncar Lyon Jenkins would like to help your family through this difficult time by fighting hard for a just outcome to your legal case.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
After Your Boating Accident in Tyler, Call Our Law Firm for Legal Guidance
When you contact our firm, Loncar Lyon Jenkins will give you a free initial consultation so you can better understand your rights and legal options. Then, if you decide to hire our Tyler boating accident lawyer to represent you, our entire team will work hard to get you a fair settlement or jury award.
Call us today to get started on your case. We provide complimentary consultations to accident victims and their families.