Highways 10 and 64 bring many 18-wheelers and other large trucks to Tyler, Texas. This means drivers and other road users are prone to accidents involving these vehicles. At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, our Tyler truck accident injury lawyers have the resources and technical knowledge to effectively handle truck accidents.
Since 1988, we have helped truck accident victims obtain payment for their past and future medical expenses, lost income, and pain and suffering. If a truck accident harmed you or a loved one (or led to your loved one’s passing), you may want to consider contacting us today to learn if you have a case. We will review your claim for free and represent you based on contingency.
Working With Loncar Lyon Jenkins on Your Truck Accident Case
If you partner with our personal injury attorneys, you can expect us to take on the following tasks for you:
Gathering Evidence To Support Your Case
Building a strong case for compensation calls for collecting solid evidence. In truck accident cases, common forms of evidence we compile include:
- Medical records
- The crash report
- Photos of the injuries you sustained
- Traffic camera video footage
- Eyewitness statements
Our law firm can also work with accident reconstruction experts and other specialists to investigate truck accidents. We could:
- Depose the driver
- Obtain the logs and maintenance records
- Interview the company’s training and safety supervisors
- Analyze the recorders and GPS mechanisms
Working With the Insurance Companies
It’s typical for the other party’s insurance adjuster to call you within days of the accident. If that’s the case for you, have them contact your lawyer. Our firm will handle all communication with them, including phone calls, demand letters, and emails.
We will deal with them through negotiations, as well. Should they offer you a settlement that doesn’t meet your needs, we will present a counteroffer that does.
Often, we can reach an out-of-court settlement. However, if that’s unattainable, we will continue the fight for your financial recovery in a jury trial.
Submitting a Personal Injury or Wrongful Death Lawsuit Against the Liable Party
Another option you have for compensation is filing a lawsuit against the responsible party. To pursue this legal route, you must comply with Texas’s statute of limitations. Per Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, you are generally permitted two years to file for personal injury or wrongful death.
With enough notice, our team can help you submit your paperwork on time. Waiting too long to act risks the deadline expiring. In that case, you will no longer be able to hold the liable party accountable for your losses.
For a free legal consultation with a Truck Accidents lawyer serving Tyler, call 877-239-4878
How Much It Costs To Call in the Strong Arm for Legal Representation
Many personal injury law firms require upfront fees or retainers to take on a truck accident case – not Loncar Lyon Jenkins. We understand the financial burden these crashes can bring onto victims and their families, so we will work to limit your financial risk.
That is, we will not collect any attorney’s fees unless and until we obtain financial recovery for you. Therefore, if we don’t achieve a financial outcome, you don’t pay us.
Tyler Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
You May Be Entitled To Recover Many Losses Following a Truck Collision in Texas
The forms and amounts of compensation you can recover are dependent on the circumstances of your case, so there is no way to tell what your settlement or court award will look like without investigating the crash and how it has affected you.
However, accident victims may recover certain damages via an insurance claim or lawsuit, including:
- Past and anticipated future medical expenses
- Lost earnings and benefits
- Lost future earning potential
- Pain and suffering
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Property damage
- Mental anguish
Because truck accidents can be so devastating, people may lose their lives to related injuries. If you lost a family member in a crash, you may be able to recoup wrongful death damages. You could recover:
- Lost financial support
- Final medical bills
- Burial and funeral services
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of household services
- Loss of parental guidance
Contact our Tyler Truck Accident Attorneys today
Typical Causes of Truck Accidents in Texas
Trucks cause catastrophic injuries or death when they are involved in an accident with a car, a motorcycle, or a smaller truck.
When those accidents and injuries are the result of negligence, the law provides compensation to victims or their families. In our experience, we have seen that 18-wheeler accidents are caused by many forms of negligence, including:
- Inexperienced and poorly trained drivers
- Excessive speed or driving too fast for road conditions
- Failure to check blind spots
- Improper lane change
- Driver fatigue
- Distracted driving
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Poorly maintained equipment
- Tire blowout
In addition to our work with victims of 18-wheeler wrecks, we help people injured in accidents involving rock trucks, dump trucks, and garbage trucks. We have handled cases involving tandem trailer trucks, which cause especially catastrophic wrecks because of their size.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What You Should Do in the Aftermath of a Truck Accident
After your commercial truck accident, there are a few actions you can take to protect yourself and your case. Our personal injury attorneys recommend that you:
- Avoid discussing details of the accident with other parties. You don’t want to accidentally jeopardize your case by saying the wrong thing to insurers or the at-fault party. Instead, let our team handle all case communications for you.
- Visit a doctor right away. Not only can a doctor provide you with immediate medical care, but they can also recommend an ongoing treatment plan so you can heal from your injuries. In addition, your medical bills will serve as useful evidence in your case.
- Collect evidence at the crash scene. If your injuries allow, take photos and videos at the accident scene. You may also want to collect the contact information of the other parties involved in your case, along with any witnesses.
- Get a lawyer involved in your case as soon as possible. A member of our team is available to take your call 24/7. The sooner you get us involved in your case, the sooner we can investigate the cause of the accident. We can also help you comply with the statute of limitations deadlines when we get involved with your case from the start.
Call in the Strong Arm for Help With Your Tyler Truck Accident Case Today
If you have been injured in a Tyler, Texas, truck accident, talk to an attorney with a record of success in truck accident claims. Contact a lawyer at Loncar Lyon Jenkins or schedule an appointment at one of our eight Texas offices in Dallas, Houston, El Paso, Lubbock, McAllen, Wichita Falls, Odessa, and Tyler.
Call or text 877-239-4878 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form