The average settlement amount from a motorcycle accident lawsuit in Texas varies based on a number of factors. These factors, such as the severity and type of your injuries as well as the at-fault driver’s insurance policy coverage and limitations may influence the damages you receive.
The highly experienced personal injury attorneys at Loncar Lyon Jenkins can help you with your motorcycle accident claim as well as seek the maximum compensation available by Texas law.
How Are Settlement Amounts Determined in a Motorcycle Accident?
Even though every motorcycle crash is different, there are common factors that go into determining the worth of motorcycle accident cases, like:
- The extent of your motorcycle accident injuries: The body parts that were injured, the severity of those injuries, if you suffered cuts and bruises or paralysis, etc.
- How long your expected recovery will take: If the treatment will take a few weeks or be a lifelong process as this addresses your expected medical expenses
- The other party’s insurance policy: If they have the minimum amount of liability insurance that the Texas Department of Insurance (TDI) requires
- Proportionate responsibility laws: If you are found partially to blame, and your damages are reduced by your portion of fault (Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 33.001)
- The financial and non-financial damages: For the mental, physical, and financial hardships you have had to endure
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
What Types of Damages Can I Recover If I’m Injured in a Texas Motorcycle Accident?
The types of damages a motorcycle rider can receive compensation for are typically separated into two categories: economic and non-economic.
What Are Economic Damages?
Losses that have a fixed, monetary value are referred to as economic damages. Some examples are:
- Past and expected medical bills: If you needed to stay in the hospital or have an ambulance ride, surgery, imaging scans, pain medication and/or medical equipment, physical therapy, or follow-up doctor’s appointments. Severe injuries such as traumatic brain injuries, which are not uncommon in motorcycle crashes, can escalate your out-of-pocket medical expenses.
- Lost income: If your injuries forced you to take time off work and you lost out on business opportunities, bonuses, commissions, vacation days, tips, and other related benefits.
- Future lost earning potential: If you will never be able to return to your job or you must take one that doesn’t pay as well.
- Property damage: If you need to replace or repair your motorcycle.
What Are Non-Economic Damages?
These losses are quantified by how the accident affected you emotionally and physically. You might have the option to claim damages for:
- Pain and suffering: If the injuries you suffered cause you severe pain and anguish, anxiety, or depression.
- Lost quality of life: If you cannot enjoy the activities and events you did before the accident.
- Scarring and disfigurement: If your injuries have compromised your mobility, appearance, or overall functionality.
Can I Sue for Wrongful Death Damages in a Texas Motorcycle Accident?
Our motorcycle accident lawyers also represent those who have lost a loved one in a motorcycle accident in Texas. If that happened to you and your family, we offer our deepest condolences.
Nothing can replace this loss, but financial recovery can make this transition a bit more manageable. You can recover the costs of:
- Funeral and burial fees
- Embalming and cremation
- Final medical bills
- Your loss of consortium and companionship
- Lost income or financial support
Hiring a Texas Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Impact Your Financial Award
We understand that as a motorcycle accident victim, you are probably in a tough financial spot right now, and we don’t want to make it any worse.
Free Case Evaluation
Our attorneys offer a free initial case evaluation. We invite you to share your story with us and we answer your questions about the legal process.
We Come to You
It’s difficult to travel when your body is hurt. We’re happy to come to you to discuss your case.
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we believe it’s our responsibility to tend to our client’s best interests. Because of that philosophy, we work on a contingency basis, which means you pay no attorneys’ fees unless we successfully recover a compensation settlement or judgment for you.
In addition to easing the burden of legal fees, our personal injury attorneys:
- Act as your spokesperson with all parties involved in your case
- Assist you in compiling and filing your claim
- Negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf
- If the insurance company does not agree to the settlement you deserve, we prepare for trial and represent you in court.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Tips For Dealing With Insurance Companies After a Motorcycle Accident
It is important to know what insurance companies care about—their bottom lines. In other words, it is the insurance adjuster’s mission to pay you as little as possible. After all, insurance companies are businesses.
So, if they try to make contact with you, consider these suggestions:
- If they ask for a recorded statement, politely decline—only give your contact and insurance information.
- It is out of habit to respond with, “I’m fine,” after someone asks how you’re doing. The insurer might claim that you were okay all along and don’t need a settlement, though.
- Direct the insurance company to your lawyer. The insurance adjuster might try to take what you say out of context and use their version to their benefit during negotiations.
In addition to letting us handle all the communication, we also recommend you not post anything online until your case is closed. Even an old picture could give the insurer reason to contest your claim. Don’t give them any reason to deny your claim. You want to get the compensation you need to move on after a motorcycle accident.
Call in the Strong Arm for Assistance with Your Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit
To ensure you get the largest settlement available to you, enlist the help of a skilled and experienced motorcycle accident attorney at Loncar Lyon Jenkins. We have six locations throughout Texas. We care about our clients and are dedicated to getting you the financial recovery you need to get your life back on track.
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today or complete a Free Case Evaluation form for a free consultation with one of our staff members. We want to protect your rights.