You do not technically need a lawyer for a minor car accident, but hiring a lawyer may allow you to rest and recuperate while also pursuing damages. A lawyer with our firm can protect you from those who may violate your rights and complete every step of your case.
Why Would You Want a Lawyer After a Minor Accident?
When it comes to car accidents, the term “minor” generally does not apply. Even if your accident was not as serious as others, you may face substantial challenges ahead. A lawyer can handle those challenges for you.
Your Accident May Not Be Minor After All
An accident that you first assume to be minor may not be minor at all. A seemingly minor accident can become a major accident if:
- You discover new injuries
- Your injury symptoms worsen
- Your vehicle’s damage is worse than it first appeared
Even if the accident is minor, hurdles can include:
- A dispute about fault for the accident
- A driver’s insufficient insurance coverage
- Insurance companies refusing to provide fair compensation
Regardless of how severe your accident was, you may experience hassles and delays when making a claim, and this is something a lawyer can take off your shoulders.
For a free legal consultation, call 877-239-4878
Specific Benefits of Hiring Our Team
When you hire our team, you receive the full extent of our legal resources. We provide the following services to our clients:
Establishing fault is pivotal to any personal injury or wrongful death case. Negligence is one standard for liability, per the American Bar Association (ABA). We will apply the negligence test to your case, determining if:
- The at-fault party owed you a duty of care
- The at-fault party breached their duty of care in some way
- The at-fault party’s actions caused your collision
- The collision has caused you damages
We also determine if other liability standards apply. This includes vicarious liability, which makes an employer responsible for their employees’ negligent acts.
Investigate Your Collision
We pursue all of the facts related to your accident. As we investigate the circumstances of your collision, we may:
- Gather any video evidence of the crash
- Record witness accounts of your accident
- Gather any physical evidence that is relevant to your case
- Obtain police reports and other documentation
Such evidence and documentation may be useful in its own right. It may also help us reconstruct your collision at a later date.
Calculate Your Losses
Your losses will tell us how much compensation you deserve. Damages that may entitle you to compensation are:
- The cost of all medical care related to your accident (including future care)
- The cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle
- The cost of your pain and suffering
- The cost of treating your pain and suffering
- Lost income, productivity, and earning power
- Any other accident-related losses
If you lost a loved one, then you may deserve additional coverage. This generally includes compensation for funeral expenses and loss of consortium.
Negotiate a Settlement
We generally aim to settle a case before going to trial. This can include:
- A financial settlement with an insurance company
- A pre-trial settlement with liable parties
Settling is generally less expensive and time-consuming than going to trial. We will present evidence and arguments during negotiations. If we cannot reach a fair agreement, we will go to court.
Represent You at a Trial
Our team will handle your lawsuit from start to finish. Sometimes, when insurers see that we have taken legal action, they return to the negotiating table and offer a fair settlement. However, we will represent you at trial if your case requires it. We can argue our findings before a jury and seek a court-awarded offer.
How Much Will a Lawyer Cost You?
A lawyer from our firm will cost you nothing out-of-pocket. We work for a contingency fee. You only pay us a fee if we win your case. The fee will be a portion of your compensation. We will never ask for upfront fees.
This fee structure benefits you because:
- You have minimal financial risk.
- You do not pay for legal services if you do not secure compensation.
- You can access representation regardless of your current financial situation.
This structure also provides us with a great incentive to win for you. It also allows us to get started on your case immediately, ensuring that you abide by any relevant deadlines.
Contact our personal injury lawyers today
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins for a Free Case Review
Do not wait to call our team. We are available to answer your call at all times, and your case may be up against the clock. The sooner you call, the sooner we can pursue the compensation that you deserve.
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at (877) 239-4878 for a free consultation.