It can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months to get a personal injury check. Some cases are straightforward and can be resolved quickly, while others are more complex and take more time.
If you were injured or lost a loved one because of another party’s careless or reckless behavior, you may be entitled to damages for medical bills, lost wages, and more. You can pursue damages on your own, but you may find it easier to work with a personal injury lawyer.
Steps to Obtaining a Personal Injury Check
Here is an overview of the process of seeking damages for a personal injury:
- File a claim with the insurance company: You may need to file a claim with your insurance company as well as the insurance provider of the responsible party. Our lawyer will take care of all insurance claims for you.
- Submit proof of injury: You must provide proof of your injuries, the resulting financial burden, and evidence of negligence by the other party. Our lawyer will gather and submit this evidence for you.
- Negotiate a settlement: Insurance companies typically want to close cases as quickly and cheaply as possible. We will take the time to obtain a fair settlement for you.
- Sign a release: This release states that you will not take further legal action against the other party.
- Receive personal injury check: The insurance company will send your settlement check to our lawyer. He will use it to pay your medical bills and legal fees first and then send you the balance of your settlement.
For a free legal consultation, call 877-239-4878
Who Qualifies for a Personal Injury Check?
Anyone who sustains injuries that were caused by another party’s negligence and can be compensated financially qualifies for a personal injury check. There are many types of personal injury cases, but the most common are:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Construction accidents
- Dog bites
- Oil field accidents
- Defective product injuries
- Wrongful death
Our lawyers will evaluate the details of the case and determine whether you have a valid personal injury case for compensation.
Damages Available in a Personal Injury Case
The severity of your injuries will determine the types and value of the damages available to you. You may be able to recover:
Economic Damages in a Personal Injury Case
You may be able to recover damages for direct losses, including:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Loss of income
- Property damage
Noneconomic Damages in a Personal Injury Case
You may be able to recover damages for indirect losses, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of a body part
- Permanent disability or disfigurement
- Reduced quality of life
Wrongful Death Damages
Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 71.002 defines wrongful death and allows survivors to seek damages. If you lost a loved one because of another’s negligence, you may be entitled to recover:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Loss of income
- Loss of inheritance
- Loss of care, chores, household maintenance, services, support, and advice
- Loss of love, companionship, comfort, and society
Contact our personal injury lawyers today
Can a Lawyer Help You Get a Personal Injury Check?
Although you do not need a lawyer to seek compensation from the responsible party, they may be able to help you get a personal injury check. If you are unfamiliar with the insurance claims process, you may miss important steps or fail to submit the required documents, which can slow things down. You may even overlook important deadlines and lose the chance to get a personal injury check entirely.
Our lawyer can walk you through the process of seeking damages, making sure that you submit everything on time so that you can get your personal injury check as quickly as possible. Here are some other ways we can help:
- Investigate the incident that led to your injuries
- Gather evidence of negligence by another party
- Estimate how much your case is worth
- File an insurance claim on your behalf
- Negotiate a settlement with the at-fault party’s insurance provider
- File a lawsuit
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Seek Damages Before Time Runs Out
Texas law limits how much time you have to sue the party responsible for your injuries. Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 allows two years from the date of your injuries or two years from the date your loved one passed away. You must file a lawsuit against the party that caused your injuries before this deadline. Otherwise, you forfeit your right to sue, even if you have a valid case.
Loncar Lyon Jenkins Is Ready to Help You get Your Personal Injury Check
If you were hurt or lost a loved one because of another person’s negligence, you may be entitled to damages for medical care, lost wages, and more. Our lawyers are ready to help you get your personal injury check.
Call in the Strong Arm today at (877) 239-4878 for a free case consultation. Loncar Lyon Jenkins works on contingency, so we collect no fees unless we win your case.
Call or text 877-239-4878 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form