How much you should settle for if you were rear-ended in Texas will depend on your damages. Your financial settlement should cover both your current losses and future losses. Our firm can determine how much you should settle for after your accident.
What Damages Will We Consider When Pursuing a Settlement?
As we prepare to negotiate your settlement, we will consider:
Your Medical Costs
Emergency treatment, hospitalization, and doctors’ appointments may all entitle you to compensation. The future cost of medical care is an important factor in any traffic accident case. We will work with experts to determine the likely cost of your future medical care.
Your Vehicle Repairs
The Universal Technical Institute (UTI) explains that your rear-end accident may cause damage to your vehicle frame and suspension. You may need costly repairs, and the person liable for your accident may pay for those repairs.
Your Professional Life
If injuries from your rear-end accident in Texas prevent you from working, then you may suffer financially. You may lose income, miss out on potential promotions, lose retirement benefits, and lose your status with your current employer. You may be unable to work indefinitely. We will factor such losses into your settlement.
Your Pain and Suffering
You may receive compensation for your trauma. Any traumatic memories, nightmares, psychological conditions, and physical pain stemming from your accident may entitle you to financial coverage. Other forms of pain and suffering may also be recoverable damages.
We will value all your losses to decide how much you should settle for after being rear-ended in Texas.
For a free legal consultation, call 877-239-4878
Will Insurance Cover Losses From Your Rear-end Accident?
Insurance may cover losses from your accident. The Texas Department of Insurance (TDI) explains that motorists must show proof that they can cover the cost of any accident that they cause. Texas is an at-fault state, meaning that the motorist at fault for the accident generally covers the losses that they cause.
Our team will review your insurance policy as well as the policy of the at-fault driver. Due to Texas’s at-fault insurance status, the driver who rear-ended you may cover your losses through their own insurance. If their insurance does not cover your losses, then we may pursue additional coverage through a lawsuit.
How do We Determine the Cost of Your Rear-end Accident in Texas?
The cost of your rear-end accident may determine whether we file a lawsuit. We may gauge the cost of your rear-end accident by:
- Speaking with your doctors about your medical care (current and future)
- Obtaining your income statements to see how much compensation you have lost
- Reviewing repair costs for your vehicle
- Speaking with mental health professionals about your trauma
We will take any other necessary steps to evaluate the cost of your case.
Should You Get Legal Help for a Rear-end Accident in Texas?
You should generally get legal help for any motor vehicle accident case. Following your accident, a lawyer from our team will:
- Help you arrange medical care
- Help you secure temporary transportation
- Help you with any other appointments
- Contact insurance companies
- Contact the attorney for at-fault parties
Having a lawyer from our firm handle these responsibilities means that you do not have to worry about them.
You Should Focus on Recovery After Your Rear-end Accident
Injuries caused by your rear-end accident require your full attention. Our firm handles your legal and insurance needs so that you can:
- Consult with your doctors as frequently as necessary
- Receive treatment
- Rehabilitate your injuries
While you focus on your health, our team will oversee your claim or lawsuit.
Contact our personal injury lawyers today
What Our Lawyers Can Do After Your Rear-end Accident
Our firm will pursue the coverage that you deserve after your rear-end accident. We will deal with other parties involved in your case, including but not limited to attorneys and insurance companies.
You can expect our firm to:
- Determine the total cost of your rear-end accident: We identify your losses and determine the value of each loss.
- File your case according to all legal deadlines: Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 may limit our window for filing your rear-end accident case. Our team will create and file all case-related documents, including your insurance claim or lawsuit.
- Lead settlement negotiations: Settlement negotiations may produce the financial recovery that you deserve. Our team will lead these talks for you.
- Handle any necessary trial: Our firm prepares as if your case will go to trial. If settlement negotiations are not successful, we will be ready for trial.
Our firm represents you throughout the entirety of your case.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today for a FREE Consultation
Call in the Strong Arm to help after your rear-end accident in Texas. Loncar Lyon Jenkins will negotiate with insurance companies and attorneys for the awards that you deserve.
We can help whether you were in a rear-end accident or you are acting on behalf of an injured or deceased loved one. Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at (877) 239-4878 for your free consultation.