If you are involved in a low-impact car accident during pregnancy, you and your child may both suffer harm. Any injuries to you or your child could entitle you to compensation.
Low-Impact Car Accidents May Be Associated with Birth Complications
According to BMJ, car accidents involving pregnant women can lead to:
- Fetal death
- Induced labor
- Preterm delivery
- Placental abruption
Even a low-impact collision may cause unnatural jostling of an unborn child. This could cause complications in the delivery process and may affect the child’s health.
Low-Impact Car Accidents May Cause Injury to the Mother
If you’re involved in a low-impact collision during pregnancy, you may suffer injuries not related to your unborn child. These injuries may include:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Broken bones
- Serious wounds
Being pregnant could exacerbate the symptoms of such injuries. If your child suffers any injuries, then they may be related to your accident.
For a free legal consultation, call 877-239-4878
What Options do You Have As a Pregnant Accident Victim?
You have the option to pursue compensation after a car accident. A driver may have put both you and your child at immense risk. If your accident resulted from negligence, you might qualify for compensation through a claim or lawsuit.
When Can You Bring a Lawsuit as a Pregnant Accident Victim?
The American Bar Association (ABA), notes that negligence is generally the standard for a lawsuit. In car accident cases, negligence generally includes:
- Driving an unsafe vehicle
- Failing to stop for traffic lights, yield signs, and stop signs
- Being intoxicated while driving
- Making an illegal turn
- Making an illegal lane change
- Driving while distracted
Other behaviors can qualify as negligent. If a motorist’s actions or failures put you and your unborn child at unreasonable risk, then you may sue the motorist. You may also sue any negligent party that is not a motorist. This may include:
- A manufacturer of an unsafe vehicle
- A manufacturer of an unsafe vehicle component
- A government body responsible for dangerous conditions
- An automotive professional who caused a vehicle to be unsafe
- A pedestrian who contributed to your accident
The standard of strict liability may also apply to your case. This standard holds one party responsible for another party’s actions. One example of this standard is an employer who is responsible for their employee’s actions.
Potential Avenues to Compensation for Accident Losses to Mother and Child
There are a few ways that you may obtain compensation for your losses. These options include:
- An insurance claim
- A settlement reached before you file a lawsuit
- A settlement reached after you file your lawsuit
- A judgment of compensation received after a trial
A variety of factors dictate how a victim receives compensation. These factors can include:
- The dollar value of your losses
- The specific types of losses you suffer
- The amount of insurance coverage that the liable party possesses
A lawyer from our firm will address these matters with you.
Which Low-Impact Car Accident Losses Entitle You to Compensation?
You may receive financial coverage for:
- Diagnosis and treatment of your injuries
- Diagnosis and treatment of your child’s injuries
- Psychological trauma
- Physical pain
- Lost income
- Lost earning power
- Vehicle repairs
- Any other accident-related losses
A lawsuit may provide coverage for every loss that you suffer.
Contact our personal injury lawyers today
How Can Our Law Firm Help You Seek Justice for the Mother and Baby?
You can hire our firm to handle every step of your case. The complicated nature of pregnancy may make it difficult to deal with an insurance claim or lawsuit. By hiring us, you may avoid added stress that could be harmful to your (and your child’s) health.
Our firm can:
- Help you arrange medical care
- Help you repair your vehicle
- Conduct all case-related investigations
- Hire experts for your case
- Deal with insurance companies
- Deal with other attorneys
- Create and file your lawsuit or claim
- Complete all other case-related duties
- Negotiate compensation for you
Your lawyer will deal with your case from start to finish. You simply worry about you and your family while they handle your legal matters.
You Pay Us Nothing Up Front to Handle Your Low-Impact Car Accident Case
Our team understands that you may be facing financial strain, and we do not want hiring a lawyer to add to it. You can hire our firm at no upfront cost. Your lawyer only gets paid if they win your case. This arrangement protects you from financial risk. It also ensures that our firm fights hard for a positive outcome.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins to Seek Justice for Car Accident Damages
Our team takes car accidents involving pregnant individuals extremely seriously. A driver who put you and your child in danger may owe you compensation. Allow Loncar Lyon Jenkins to seek justice for your family.
Call in the Strong Arm by calling Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at (877) 239-4878. Our firm helps injured parties and those who have lost a loved one. Do not wait to call. Your case may be on the clock.