If the trucking company or their insurance company denies your claim, you may have legal options that include appealing the denied claim or filing a lawsuit. You may also want to consider hiring a Dallas truck accident lawyer to take over the claims process for you. Your attorney can determine the reason for the denial, submit an amended claim, negotiate with the insurance company, and file a lawsuit if necessary.
There are several reasons why a trucking company’s insurance adjusters may deny a claim. However, the denial is not the end of the negotiating process. Allow a dedicated truck accident attorney from our team to negotiate on your behalf.
An Insurance Claim Denial May Be a Bad-Faith Negotiating Tactic by an Insurance Company
The reason an insurance company gives for denying a truck accident claim may not be the actual reason for denying your claim. Regardless of the stated explanation, the reason for denial may be simple—the insurer does not want to pay for your accident-related losses.
If the personal injury claim denial is a negotiating tactic, the insurance company may intend to:
- Put you on desperate footing: Receiving a claim denial can be a surprising and unnerving event. You may even fear that the denial means you won’t receive any compensation for your accident. This may be the insurer’s goal. If you fear that you are in a dire financial position, you may accept any compensation the insurer offers.
- Have you accept the denial without a fight: In some cases, accident victims simply accept the claim denial without further question or fight. This would completely free the insurance company from financial responsibility.
- Accuse you of causing the truck accident: Texas is a fault-based insurance state. This means that the at-fault motorist generally bears the financial cost of an accident. Therefore, an insurer may accuse you of causing the accident in order to avoid financial responsibility for your losses.
- Offer you a lowball settlement: A claim denial can be the first step toward a lowball settlement offer. If you refuse to accept the denial, the insurance company may offer compensation—but far less than you deserve.
- Make negotiations long and difficult: Insurance companies often have time on their side. You are the one facing medical bills, lost income, vehicle repair costs, and other losses. The insurance company may stall, pressuring you to accept a lowball offer.
- Pay less than you deserve, by one means or another: Auto insurance providers make their profits by paying as little as possible to accident victims. The trucking company’s insurer, therefore, may use several different tactics to try and avoid paying the money you deserve.
No matter the reason for your claim denial, you can trust our personal injury attorneys to fight for the fair compensation you deserve. Auto accident victims deserve the right to hold the truck driver and their employer financially responsible for the accident.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Why Truck Accident Victims Hire Attorneys From Our Firm
You may hire a personal injury lawyer for several reasons, including:
- Your physical injuries, which may limit your ability to complete the most basic tasks
- Your psychological and emotional symptoms, which may cause a low tolerance for stress and rigorous mental activity
- Your inexperience with truck accidents, which could make it difficult to effectively lead your own claim or lawsuit
- Your financial stress, which may prevent you from building a strong case without our firm’s financial assistance
Our firm addresses each of these issues. With our help, you can rest and recover as we seek justice against the at-fault driver. This ensures you will not compromise your physical, psychological, or emotional well-being any further. We also provide financial assistance by covering the entire cost of your claim or lawsuit.
We Deal With Insurance Companies in a Head-On, No-Nonsense Manner
Our attorneys deal with insurance representatives on a regular basis. These companies generally have substantial financial resources, lots of experience, and a desire to pay accident victims less than they deserve.
When you hire our firm, you get a law firm that:
- Has financial resources to build compelling, evidence-based cases on our client’s behalf
- Has secured many settlements from, and judgments against, auto insurers
- Knows how to combat bad-faith negotiating tactics by insurers
- Will demand the financial recovery you are entitled to
We will build your truck accident case by:
- Securing evidence that proves the trucking company is liable for the accident
- Documenting your covered losses using medical records, invoices for vehicle repairs, and any other proof of your accident’s cost
- Citing any relevant details of the insurance policy
- Calculating the precise cost of your accident-related losses
Once we have investigated the accident and your losses, we will engage the insurance company in settlement negotiations.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Liable Trucking Companies Should Cover All of a Victim’s Accident-Related Damages
We intend to secure compensation for all of your accident-related damages, which may include:
- Property expenses
- Pain and suffering
- Any mental health treatment you pursue after the accident
- Lost income
- Diminished earning power
- Medical expenses
Our wrongful death lawyers also represent clients who have lost loved ones. If a fatal truck accident has claimed your loved one’s life, trust our team to prioritize your lawsuit. We will consider funeral expenses, your pain and suffering, the decedent’s pain and suffering, lost financial support, loss of consortium, and any other damages you’ve suffered.
Call in the Strong Arm to Fight for Fair Compensation for a Trucking Accident
Our law firm is built on client service, and we intend to fight for the compensation you deserve. We can help you regardless of where you stand in the claims process. A truck accident lawyer from our team will calculate your damages and negotiate a settlement with the liable insurer.
A lawsuit may also be a worthwhile option, depending on the details of your case. Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today for a free consultation about your truck accident case.