It is hard to provide a percentage of motorcycle riders that have accidents. This is because not all riders are accounted for. Owners are tracked by each state, but the number of registered drivers is not often public knowledge.
The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) states that “In 2019, 412 motorcyclists were killed in Texas, and more than 1,800 were seriously injured.” The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that over 5,000 motorcycle riders died in the country that year.
How Motorcycle Accidents Happen in Texas
Your personal injury accident could have happened in any number of ways. However, here are some of the kinds of accidents we see in our practice.
Distracted Driving Can Result in a Larger Vehicle Colliding With the Motorcyclist
A car or truck driver could be changing the radio station, texting and driving, looking at the scenery, or talking to passengers. Such an action means they take their attention off the road. Putting others on the road at risk in this way could consist of negligence.
Intoxicated Driving Can Lead to Dangerous Motorcycle Accidents
Driving while drunk or otherwise affected by a substance is illegal. It also regularly creates lethal conditions on the road. Your accident could have been due to a driver losing their coordination, focus, and awareness due to intoxication. If the driver was working under the scope of their employer at the time, this could be even more serious.
Reckless Driving Is Especially Risky for Motorcycle Riders
Truck and car operators have a metal shell protecting them, along with their seatbelts and airbags. Motorcyclists only have a helmet and whatever clothing they have on to protect them. You could have sustained severe injuries due to a vehicle driver:
- Passing without checking for others
- Trying to “run” the light
- Making illegal turns
Every driver must follow the driver’s handbook that prohibits and discourages certain maneuvers.
The Environment Itself Was a Hazard for Vehicle Drivers
Not every road, highway, or intersection is designed correctly. A city or county organization might have failed to consider all planning details. This could have led to a ramp that was too steep or a light that did not give riders enough time to make a turn.
For a free legal consultation, call 877-239-4878
Damages You Could Earn After Your Accident to Pay for Your Losses
Each accident will cause its own degree of injury and pain. Yours might have involved minor injuries and damage to your motorcycle. However, you might have been thrown from the bike and sustained brain trauma.
Either of these scenarios could result in you collecting compensation for:
- Medical costs: Ambulance costs, hospital bills, doctor visits, physical therapy, mobility devices, in-home care costs, medications, etc.
- Lost wages: Your injuries could have put you out of work and kept you from recovering benefits, paychecks, bonuses, or tips.
- Reduced earning capacity: Your injuries might have prevented you from working at your old job or working at all. You could recover an award that repays you the difference in expected income.
- Pain and suffering: Your intangible aches and worries are compensable losses. Any stress, sore muscles, or mental illness you suffered due to the accident could be added to your claim.
You might be able to pursue other losses, depending on how your accident affected you. Texas is no stranger to motorcycle accident injuries. Your accident could possess similarities to another accident that NBCDFW reported on.
Our Lawyers Can Help You After a Texas Motorcycle Accident
Our staff can handle your entire accident for you. Many vehicle drivers—and motorcycle riders—have accidents every year. Yours might not even be your fault. We will do the following to help you:
- Investigate your accident to determine fault
- Search for evidence to support your claim
- Handle communication with the other party’s lawyer and the insurance company
- Answer your questions
- Keep you up to date
- Protect your rights
- Interview eyewitnesses
Contact our personal injury lawyers today
We Want to Support Injured Texans After Accidents
You do not need to tackle this situation alone. Our team has been helping clients since 1988, and we help thousands of clients a year. We can take your case in our hands and serve as your Strong Arm in a crisis.
Some of our past clients have said the following:
- “They helped me when my car was pretty much totaled and I am just a college student. I got enough for a car and they helped me with my back afterwards.” – Sonny W.
- “Very reliable and very professional. – Leydi M”
- “The experience exceeds my expectations. Chad is the professional and did his diligence (and beyond) to get me the best result. I would recommend their service.” – Lindsey
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Team Offers Free Consultations for Victims to Learn More
You can explain your circumstances to our team representatives for free. There is no risk in calling us, and you have nothing to lose. Also, we operate on a contingency-fee basis, so we do not make any money unless we win for you. This encourages us to do our best.
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins at (877) 239-4878. You have a limited time to take legal action after the accident.
Call or text 877-239-4878 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form