LUBBOCK ACCIDENT LAWYER
Loncar Lyon Jenkins personal injury law firm has served Texans for nearly 30 years. We handle car and truck accidents, product liability, premise liability, dog bites, institutional elder abuse, motorcycle accidents, wrongful death, bus accidents, drug recall cases to name a few.
Personal injury lawsuits may be necessary after injuries caused by:
- A car accident
- A truck accident
- A motorcycle accident
- An accident involving a DWI
- Accidents caused by dangerous premises
Additional circumstances could also entitle you to collect compensation through a lawsuit, and you may speak with a legal professional about your eligibility for pursuing a personal injury lawsuit. Call our team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 800-777-7777 to learn how a Lubbock personal injury lawyer may be able to assist you.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Lubbock, call 800-777-7777
Being Injured Can Cause You Great Loss
When the nature of your injury is serious, you may find yourself experiencing consequences beyond physical pain or discomfort. Some of the dangers of suffering an injury include:
- That you could be unable to work for a short or lengthy period of time, forfeiting critical income as a result
- That your employer could attempt to dismiss you, or does dismiss you, because your injury prevents you from working at all, or at your full capacity
- That you face significant financial burdens related to your injury, possibly including healthcare bills
- That the way of life that you enjoyed before your injury becomes altered in several adverse ways
If you have experienced one or more of these outcomes, or any other losses related to an injury you believe is the fault of another person, then you may have reason to consider bringing a personal injury lawsuit.
A successful lawsuit could entitle you to financial coverage for:
- Emergency transportation costs
- Emergency care costs
- Any additional healthcare costs related to an injury caused by negligence
- The amount of income that you have forfeited to date because of your injury
- Future income that you are likely or certain to lose because of your injury
- Harm to your earning capacity caused by your injury
- Any permanent disability that you develop because of negligence
- Pain and suffering that originates from a negligence-related accident
The awards that you may collect could depend on the nature of your accident, specifically how the defendants named in your lawsuit were negligent, and several other factors.
Personal Injuries Come in Many Forms
The phrase “personal injury” generally denotes a class of lawsuit, not a specific injury. A personal injury lawsuit may have merit if the injury prevents you from working for any period of time. Such injuries may include:
- Traumatic brain injury, which the Mayo Clinic explains can be truly devastating to your health
- One or more broken bones, which can come from car accidents, slip or trip and falls, and a variety of other accidents
- Spinal cord injury, which can prove catastrophic
- Torn or ripped tendons or ligaments
- Damage to internal organs
- Internal or external bleeding
It is important that you seek medical attention after your accident to receive a certain diagnosis of and documentation for your injuries. Having both of these could be important for any lawsuit that you elect to bring later. Once you have received care for your injuries, consider calling our team so you can receive assistance from a Lubbock personal injury lawyer.
Our team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins handles a variety of case types, including but not limited to:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Trip and fall accidents
- Workplace, oilfield and construction accidents
- Wrongful death claims
Call our team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 800-777-7777 to learn more about how we may be able to assist you or your loved one.
Lubbock Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 800-777-7777
Hiring a Lawyer May Be In Your Interest
Accidents that cause injuries may restrict your ability to complete many of your day-to-day tasks, and attempting to research and execute a legal case on your own could represent a significant uptick on your stable of responsibilities. If you would like to explore a lawsuit without shouldering the lion’s share of effort, a lawyer can help.
One of a lawyer’s first responsibilities may be to determine how one or more people caused your injuries—that is, to establish how they were negligent. This may call for a four-step process by which:
- Your lawyer determines the duty of care that the defendant owed to you: this duty of care generally means that the person had a responsibility to protect you from an unreasonable amount of harm.
- Your lawyer figures out how the defendant violated their duty of care to you: this determination may hinge directly on the circumstances under which you were injured.
- Your lawyer determines causation between the defendant’s breach of duty of care and your injuries: making the connection between the duty of care violation and your injuries may be a central aspect of collecting any awards that you are entitled to.
- Your lawyer calculates the awards that you should be entitled to: your lawyer may consider both your losses at the date of their calculation and losses that you may reasonably sustain in the future as they make this calculation.
Further Responsibilities of a Personal Injury Lawyer
In addition to formulating your case for negligence, your lawyer may handle several other responsibilities critical to completing your lawsuit. Some such duties may include:
- Gathering and collecting evidence that sheds light on negligence as the cause of your injuries
- Documenting your injuries and consulting medical professionals for relevant testimony
- Hiring private investigators and relevant experts as necessary
- Filing your lawsuit in the right legal venue
- Handling all subsequent legal paperwork, appearances, and duties
- Representing you in settlement negotiations or at trial, either of which may be necessary depending on the course of events in your specific lawsuit
- Defending your rights throughout the legal process
You may want to contact a legal team if you believe that these services could be of value to you.
Click to contact our Personal Injury Lawyers today
WE WILL COME TO YOU ANYWHERE IN THE STATE OF TEXAS TO DISCUSS YOUR CASE.
Our Lubbock office is conveniently located at 2012 Broadway St., Lubbock, TX 79401.
Our Lawyers are tough, aggressive and experienced. We work hard to get you the most compensation for your recovery, as quickly as possible.
Trust our 30 years of experience successfully bringing insurance companies to favorable terms for our clients.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today
Making a call to Loncar Lyon Jenkins is to Call in the Strong Arm, and we will exercise our resources in the pursuit of compensation for you. Call soon, as the statute of limitations for personal injury lawsuits in Texas is generally two years, per Title 2 Chapter 16 of the Texas Civil Code.
Call our team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 800-777-7777 for more information about how a Lubbock personal injury lawyer may assist you.