From traffic accidents to premises liability to product liability, Loncar Lyon Jenkins has been representing personal injury clients in Texas for more than 30 years. If you or a family member suffered injuries in an accident in Lubbock, our personal injury lawyers can seek compensation on your behalf.
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today for a free case review. Our team wants to hear from you to see how we can help. Our law firm has helped personal injury victims in Lubbock receive compensation to cover their medical bills, lost wages, and more. Find out more today.
Personal Injuries Come in Many Forms
The phrase “personal injury” generally denotes a class of lawsuit, not a specific injury. A personal injury lawsuit may have merit if the injury prevents you from working. Such injuries may include:
- Traumatic brain injuries, which Mayo Clinic explains can be truly devastating to your health
- One or more broken bones, which can come from car accidents, slips or trips and falls, and a variety of other accidents
- Spinal cord injuries, which can prove catastrophic
- Torn or ripped tendons or ligaments
- Damage to internal organs
- Internal or external bleeding
Some injuries do not present themselves immediately after an accident. For this reason, we recommend that you should seek medical attention after your accident to receive a full diagnosis of your condition. Having medical documentation of your injuries serves two purposes.
One, of course, is getting the proper care you need to recover. More than just a diagnosis, though, you should follow your doctor’s orders completely. The second reason seeking medical attention after an accident is important is that it provides a connection between the accident and your injuries.
Following these healthcare steps could be important for any lawsuit that you elect to bring later. Once you have received care for your injuries, our lawyers can help you.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Helping Lubbock Clients Via a No-Win, No-Fee Arrangement
Many firms charge their clients a retainment fee or lump sum to get started on their case—not our firm. We understand the struggles accident victims are going through. You are probably at home recovering from your injuries or, at best, working at less than your full ability with medical bills and expenses coming in.
To help you and your family, our personal injury attorneys take cases on contingency. Working on contingency means no upfront or out-of-pocket costs are involved when you hire us. When you obtain a settlement or court award, your lawyer will deduct their preapproved attorney fees. If we don’t win compensation, you will pay nothing.
With free case reviews and contingency fee-based services, working with us is free of any financial risk to you.
Being Injured in an Accident Can Cause You Great Loss
When the nature of your injury is serious, you may find yourself experiencing consequences beyond physical pain or discomfort. Some of the dangers of suffering an injury might be that:
- You could be unable to work for a short or lengthy period of time, forfeiting critical income as a result
- Your employer could attempt to dismiss you (or does dismiss you) because your injury prevents you from working at all or at your full capacity
- You face significant financial burdens related to your injury, possibly including healthcare bills
- The way of life that you enjoyed before your injury becomes altered in several adverse ways
If you experienced one or more of these outcomes (or any other losses), you may have reason to consider bringing a personal injury claim or lawsuit against the liable party. A successful case could entitle you to financial coverage for:
- Emergency transportation costs
- Emergency care costs
- Any additional medical expenses related to an injury caused by negligence
- The amount of income that you have forfeited to date because of your injury
- Future income that you are likely or certain to lose because of your injury
- Harm to your earning capacity caused by your injury
- Property loss if your vehicle was damaged or totaled in a traffic accident
- Any permanent disability that you develop because of negligence
- Scarring or disfigurement if your appearance, mobility, or overall functionality was compromised
- Pain and suffering that originates from a negligence-related accident
- Mental anguish if your mental health suffered due to the trauma of the accident
- Wrongful death if you lost your family member to an accident
The awards that you may collect could depend on the nature of your accident, specifically how the defendants named in your lawsuit were negligent and several other factors.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Hiring Our Personal Injury Law Firm May Be in Your Best Interest
Accidents that cause injuries may restrict your ability to complete many of your day-to-day tasks. Attempting to research and execute a legal case on your own could represent a significant demand on your time, time you could devote to your recovery. If you would like to explore a lawsuit without shouldering most of the effort, a personal injury lawyer with our firm serving Lubbock can help.
One of our lawyer’s first responsibilities will be to determine how one or more people caused your injuries. We will establish how the other party was negligent. This establishment may call for a four-step process by which:
- Your lawyer determines the duty of care that the defendant owed to you: This duty of care means that the at-fault party had a responsibility to protect you from harm.
- Your lawyer figures out how the defendant violated their duty of care to you: This determination may hinge directly on the circumstances under which you were injured.
- Your lawyer determines causation between the defendant’s breach of duty of care and your injuries: Making the connection between the duty of care violation and your injuries is important to secure an award.
- Your lawyer calculates the awards that you should be entitled to recover: Your lawyer may consider both your current and future losses.
Further Responsibilities of a Personal Injury Lawyer With Loncar Lyon Jenkins
In addition to formulating your case for negligence, your lawyer may handle several other responsibilities critical to completing your lawsuit. Some such duties may include:
- Gathering and collecting evidence that sheds light on negligence as the cause of your injuries
- Documenting your injuries and consulting medical professionals for relevant testimony
- Hiring private investigators and relevant experts as necessary
- Filing your lawsuit in the right legal venue
- Handling all subsequent legal paperwork, appearances, and duties
- Representing you in settlement negotiations with the insurance companies or at trial, either of which may be necessary depending on the course of events in your specific lawsuit
- Defending your rights throughout the legal process
You may want to contact our legal team if you believe that these services could be of value to you.
The Time to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit After Getting Hurt in Lubbock
Between going to the doctor, recovering from your injuries at home, and making up for lost income, time can pass quickly. Still, we must be aware of the time restrictions Texas places on bringing personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits. Per Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, claimants typically have two years to file their case.
This deadline is strictly enforced. If you get a late start on your case:
- Some of the evidence may no longer be available.
- Witnesses of the accident may not remember what happened during the accident, so their testimony might be incomplete.
- Your right to pursue any form of compensation could be at risk.
There are always exceptions to the rules, but they are not very common. If you get in touch with us soon, we can determine which deadline applies to your case. We want to ensure your lawsuit is filed before the statute of limitations expires.
We Can Review Your Lubbock Accident Case for Free Today
Since 1988, we have helped thousands of clients a year obtain financial compensation for their accident-related medical bills, lost income, and pain and suffering. Now, let a personal injury lawyer from our Lubbock team get to work for you.
Call in the Strong Arm at Loncar Lyon Jenkins today for a free case evaluation.