If you or your loved one suffered an injury while working in, living in, or visiting Wichita Falls, you may be able to collect compensation by bringing a personal injury lawsuit. If your loved one died as a result of someone’s negligence in Wichita Falls, you may be able to recover compensation in a wrongful death lawsuit.
A Wichita Falls personal injury lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins may be able to help you with either of these legal actions. For a free consultation on your case with a member of our team, call us today at 800-777-7777.
Your Injury May Warrant a Personal Injury Lawsuit
If you or a loved one were injured, consider whether:
- Someone took actions, or failed to take actions, that directly contributed to your injury or your loved one’s injury or death
- You have suffered financial losses as a result
If these conditions were met in your accident, you may have grounds for a personal injury lawsuit, even if the person who harmed you did not do so intentionally.
Common types of personal injury accidents include:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- DWI accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Catastrophic injury
- Slip and fall accidents
- Construction accidents
- Dog bites
- Oilfield accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
If you believe that another party’s negligence caused your accident—even if the accident type is not reflected on this list—you may be able to recover compensation in a personal injury lawsuit.
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Wichita Falls, call 800-777-7777
Proving Negligence May Be Central to Your Case
In order to recover compensation for your injuries in a personal injury lawsuit, you may need to establish the responsible party’s liability by proving that their negligence caused your accident.
The process of proving negligence may follow these four steps:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care: a duty of care may generally state that no person shall put others at an unreasonable risk of suffering harm.
- The defendant breached their duty of care to you: while a breach of duty of care can vary on a case-by-case basis, it is typically the negligent act that caused the accident, such as a driver running a red light.
- The breach of duty of care caused your injuries: this “causation” stage may be pivotal to making the case that your losses are the result of negligence.
- These injuries had a measurable cost to you: you may be required to present documentation of your injuries, expenses, and non-economic losses to claim them as damages in your case.
A Wichita Falls personal injury lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins may be able to gather evidence to prove these elements of liability when we represent you.
Wichita Falls Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 800-777-7777
How a Wichita Falls Personal Injury Lawyer May Assist You
When you work with Loncar Lyon Jenkins on your case, a Wichita Falls Personal Injury Lawyer from our firm may be able to provide you a variety of legal services, including:
- Laying out the various options you may have for pursuing compensation
- Handling all legal communications, paperwork, and deadlines on your behalf
- Identifying the liable party and gathering evidence of their liability
- Collecting evidence related to your injuries and assigning a value to your damages
- Negotiating a settlement with attorneys for the defendant named in your lawsuit
- Arguing your case at trial, if necessary
- Defending your rights throughout your time as our client
To discuss these services and your legal options in a free consultation with a member of our team, call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 800-777-7777.
Click to contact our Personal Injury Lawyers today
Compensation in a Personal Injury Case
The compensation in a personal injury case will be different for every victim. It may depend on the circumstances of the accident, the type and severity of the victim’s injuries, and many other factors. In general, the following damages may be recoverable in this type of legal action:
- Medical expenses caused by the defendants’ negligence
- Estimated future costs of medical care
- The cost of any caregivers that you require because of your injuries
- Income that you have lost as a result of the accident
- Any decrease in your earning power caused by your injuries
- Pain and suffering that results from your accident and the injuries that stem from your accident
- Any other losses that you have suffered because of one or more defendant’s actions or failures to act
If you are pursuing compensation in a wrongful death lawsuit, you may be able to recover a different set of damages, including:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Lost income to the family
- Loss of companionship
- And more
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today
If you believe that you were injured due to another party’s negligence in Wichita Falls, you do not need to face the responsible party alone. Call in the Strong Arm by reaching out to Loncar Lyon Jenkins. A Wichita Falls personal injury lawyer from our firm may be able to handle your case from start to finish when we represent you.
Do not wait to call, as Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 generally restricts your window for bringing a personal injury lawsuit to two years from the date that your accident occurred. There may be exceptions to this rule in some cases.
For a free consultation on your case with a member of our team, call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 800-777-7777.
We may be able to represent you on a contingency-fee basis with no up-front payment required. We do not collect attorney’s fees in this type of arrangement unless and until you recover compensation in a settlement offer or court awards.