Sustaining a brain injury can impact you or your loved one mentally and physically, but it may also impact you financially.
The damage that a brain injury may inflict on your life and the lives of those who care for you can be immense. If you believe that your or a loved one’s brain injury was caused by negligence, an El Paso brain injuries lawyer may be able to help you pursue justice.
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 877-239-4878 for a free consultation about how they may help you pursue compensation for a brain injury.
Symptoms of a Traumatic Brain Injury Can Range From Mild to Severe
Suffering a brain injury may produce several symptoms that could fundamentally change the way you live your life, depending on the severity of your injury. Your symptoms may be influenced by the specific type of brain injury that you or your loved one sustained.
According to Johns Hopkins Medicine, some of the brain injuries that may warrant a lawsuit include:
- Penetrating brain injury, which may appear from an injury that causes a break in your skull
- Closed brain injury, which may cause damage to the brain inside of your head but does not cause a break in the bone that makes up the skull
- Diffuse axonal injury, which may happen when your brain rotates unnaturally
The Mayo Clinic details the range of symptoms that a brain injury could produce. These symptoms may appear as changes in your overt physical state, such as:
- Becoming drowsy for no apparent reason
- Losing balance due to dizziness
- Sleeping at odd hours or more frequently than you normally do
- Slurring your speech
You or your loved one may notice symptoms that are not obvious to others, such as:
- Sensitivity to light or noise
- Changes in your taste or smell
- Persistent headaches
- Nausea and vomiting
More severe symptoms may arise if you or your loved one suffered a serious traumatic brain injury (TBI). These symptoms may include:
- A coma
- Nausea or vomiting that does not cease
- Loss of feeling in your extremities
- Changes in your coordination
- Fluid draining from your ears
- Persisting changes in your personality
- A sense of confusion
If you or your loved one experience one or more of these symptoms, you may want to seek medical attention if you have not done so already. It may be dangerous to leave symptoms of a TBI untreated.
You may hire an El Paso brain injury lawyer and their legal team if you believe that the symptoms of your brain injury, and the brain injury itself, are the result of someone else’s negligence. Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 877-239-4878 for a free consultation about seeking compensation for your losses.
For a free legal consultation with a Brain Injuries lawyer serving El Paso, call 877-239-4878
Brain Injury Symptoms May Interrupt Your Life
Suffering a brain injury might force you to change the way that you live on a daily basis, and possibly the life of your caregiver if a loved one has taken on that responsibility.
Professionally, a brain injury may:
- Prevent you from working for a significant period of time
- Prevent you from working permanently
- Change the selection of possible jobs that you are capable of working
- Diminish the number of hours that you are able to work without aggravating symptoms of your TBI
- Decrease your overall earning capacity
Personally, a brain injury could:
- Produce changes in your personality that affect the way you interact with others, including friends and family
- Change the way that you parent your children
- Alter your ability to relate to your spouse
- Require loved ones to help care for you
According to the Journal of Head Trauma Rehabilitation, the adverse symptoms and life changes that a brain injury may produce may:
- Cause you to become depressed
- Cause you to develop anxiety
- Cause harm to your overall mental health
These possible outcomes might impose economic and noneconomic damages. Hiring a lawyer may help calculate your total losses from a traumatic brain injury.
El Paso Brain Injuries Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
A Lawyer May Start Your Case for Compensation
If you believe that another party’s careless actions caused your brain injury or a loved one’s brain injury, you may choose to seek compensation for your losses through a personal injury lawsuit.
Some scenarios that may produce a brain injury caused by negligence include:
- A slip and fall injury
- A trip and fall injury
- A motor vehicle collision
- Medical error
- A workplace accident
- A criminal act caused by insufficient security
Any of these circumstances might be grounds for you to bring a personal injury lawsuit. A lawyer may assist you with a personal injury lawsuit by:
- Collecting evidence that suggests you were the victim of negligence
- Documenting your injuries
- Filing the paperwork to initiate your lawsuit
- Filing necessary documents and motions to progress your lawsuit
- Negotiating a settlement on your behalf
- Arguing your case for compensation during a trial
- Protecting your rights
Your lawsuit may cite losses, such as:
- Health care costs
- Pain and suffering
- Lost income
- Diminished earning capacity
- Any other economic and noneconomic losses caused by your accident
If your lawsuit is successful, you may be able to obtain compensation for your losses.
Contact our El Paso Brain Injury Attorneys today
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today
The team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins may take on your case for compensation so that you can focus on getting better. We may handle your legal needs and defend your rights as you work towards recovery.
Call in the Strong Arm by calling Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 877-239-4878 for a free consultation about how an El Paso brain injuries lawyer may be able to serve you.
Call or text 877-239-4878 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form