A serious car accident caused by the negligent actions of another driver can leave you with traumatic injuries. If another driver failed to use care behind the wheel, resulting in physical and life-altering injuries, you may be able to take legal action against them.
An El Paso car accident lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins may be able to represent you in settlement negotiations or a lawsuit against the responsible party. You may be able to recover compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
If your loved one passed away in an El Paso car accident caused by another party’s negligence, Loncar Lyon Jenkins may be able to help you recover a different set of damages in a wrongful death lawsuit.
For a free consultation on your case with a member of our team, call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 877-239-4878. We may be able to represent you on a contingency-fee basis with no advanced payment necessary.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, the frequency of traffic crashes in Texas in 2018 was so high that:
- One person suffered injuries in a crash every two minutes, seven seconds
- A crash killed one person every two hours and 25 minutes
- There was one reportable crash occurring every 58 seconds
When a driver’s negligent actions cause an accident, they may be liable for the victim’s injuries. Examples of common forms of driver negligence include:
- Drunk driving: when a driver meets or exceeds the legal blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of 0.08%, per § 49.04 of the Texas Penal Code.
- Aggressive driving: this may include speeding, purposely tailgating, dangerous passing, flashing high-beam headlights, and other intimidating maneuvers.
- Drowsy driving: busy schedules may lead tired drivers to drift off behind the wheel.
- Distracted driving: this includes actions that remove your focus from the task of driving, such as texting, grooming, handling an unrestrained pet, or adjusting the climate controls.
- Violating a traffic law: any violation of traffic law, such as failure to yield, and illegal lane change, running a red light or stop sign, or speeding can make a driver liable for an accident they cause.
If someone abused their privilege of a Texas driver’s license and crashed into you, an El Paso car accident lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins may be able to help you plan your next step.
We can also pursue other liable parties for your damages if, for example:
- A negligent vehicle component manufacturer’s part failed, causing your accident
- A negligent car mechanic caused your accident by failing to service your vehicle correctly
- A negligent municipality left a hazard in the road that caused you to crash
When we work on your case, Loncar Lyon Jenkins can investigate your accident and identify the liable party.
If you believe that another party’s negligence caused your El Paso car accident, call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at 877-239-4878. A member of our team is standing by to offer you a free, no-obligation consultation on your case.
All Practice Areas we serve in El Paso
- Wrong Way Accidents
- Left Turn Accidents
- Texting While Driving Accidents
- Running a Stop Signal Accidents
- Tire Blowout Accidents
- Whiplash Injury
- Passenger Vehicle Accidents
- Rear-End Collisions
- Uber and Lyft Rideshare Accidents
- Failure to Obey Traffic Signals Accidents
- Failure to Heed Changing Weather or Road Condition Accidents
- Exceeding Posted Speed Limits Accidents
- Driver Fatigue Accidents
- Elderly Driver Accidents
- Animal Crossing the Street Accident
- Taxicab Accidents
- Unsafe Lane Change Accidents
- Improper Lane Changes Accidents
- Defective Design or Manufacture of Vehicles or Vehicle Components Accidents
- Tailgating Accidents
- Improper Turns Accidents
- High Winds Accidents
- Street Racing Accidents
- Loose Objects Accidents
- Manufacturer Defect Accidents
For a free legal consultation with a Car Accidents lawyer serving El Paso, call 877-239-4878
When a Car Accident Is Fatal
If your loved one passed away due to a drunk, distracted, or otherwise negligent driver, you may be able to hold the driver financially accountable for your loss.
Wrongful death lawsuits require that you had a close relationship with the victim. Under the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 71.004, surviving spouses, parents, and children may be entitled to damages in a wrongful death lawsuit.
Funeral costs, a loss of income and companionship, and other damages may be available in a wrongful death lawsuit. To learn more about how these cases work, call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today.
El Paso Car Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Working With a Lawyer on Your Case
When you work with an El Paso car accident lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins on your case, we can handle a variety of legal tasks on your behalf while you concentrate on your recovery.
This may include:
- Answering your questions and providing legal advice
- Handling all communications on your behalf
- Investigating your case and identifying the liable party
- Producing evidence of their liability and the extent of your damages
- Negotiating with the responsible party’s insurance company for a settlement
- Taking your case to trial if they do not make you a fair offer
Contact our El Paso Car Accident Attorneys today
A Legal Time Limit May Apply to Your Case
Time is limited to pursue civil action. The statute of limitations for both personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits in Texas is generally two years, according to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003.
24 months can pass in a blur when you have so much to deal with. If you wait too long and allow the statute of limitations to expire before you take action, it could prevent you from recovering compensation via a lawsuit, even if you have strong evidence in your defense.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today
Every driver has a responsibility to share the road, obey traffic laws, and maintain control of their vehicle. If the negligent actions of another driver caused you pain or heartbreak, a civil action may ease your frustration and result in possible financial compensation.
Call in the Strong Arm of Loncar Lyon Jenkins today. An El Paso car accident lawyer from our firm can keep the lines of communication open when we represent you, so you never have to wonder about the status of your case.
We offer most of our legal services on a contingency-fee basis, meaning you owe us nothing unless and until we win your case and help you recover compensation via a settlement offer or court awards.
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins at 877-239-4878 for a free consultation on your case with a member of our team.