A single momentary distraction can be enough to change lives forever. Whether it’s a bright light, texting, eating, applying makeup, or something else, if you or someone you love were hurt due to a distracted driving car accident in El Paso, you have the right to pursue compensation for damages, and our lawyers can help.
An El Paso car accident lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins can help you recover compensation, and we will handle your case on your behalf so you can focus your time and energy on other matters, such as getting medical treatment for your injuries.
A Lawyer Could Recover Damages After a Distracted Driving Car Accident in El Paso
Your potential compensation depends on the extent of your injuries and how they affect your life. You will want to seek medical attention immediately. Our El Paso distracted driving accident lawyers can use your medical records to substantiate your losses and fight for financial compensation.
Our firm will determine which types of damages apply to your accident claim, which typically can include:
- Medical expenses, such as hospitalization and surgery
- Lost income, including benefits and reduced earning capacity
- Home modifications, such as ramps and railings
- Property damages, including repairs to your vehicle
- Household services
- Physical therapy and counseling
- Pain and suffering, which includes emotional distress and mental anguish
- Wrongful death damages, which typically include lost income, medical bills, funeral costs, and lost inheritance
Our hearts go out to you and your family if you lost someone you love in a car accident. Handling your case would be a privilege, and we want to do this on your behalf so you can mourn your loss during this painful time.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Benefits a Lawyer Can Bring to Your Distracted Car Accident Case in El Paso
A lawyer with experience handling distracted driving car accident cases will be able to file a personal injury lawsuit or wrongful death lawsuit on your behalf to recover the compensation you deserve for the damages you are suffering. This gives you the freedom to turn your attention to other tasks.
But that’s not the only way a lawyer can benefit your case. If you hire a lawyer from our firm to handle your case in El Paso, we will:
- Investigate the car accident to determine who is liable and what kind of distraction is the cause.
- Collect evidence that includes the police report, video footage, photographs, medical records, witness statements, and expert opinions to build your case.
- Calculate the value of your claim and send a demand letter to the liable party and their insurance provider.
- Negotiate a settlement with the liable party that covers your losses so you do not have to communicate with them yourself.
- Evaluate and review the terms of any settlement agreement with you. You can accept or reject a settlement offer at any time, but once you sign an agreement, you will be unable to seek additional compensation in the future.
- File a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit and represent you in court as we present your case to a jury.
In addition to these benefits, you can also expect us to:
- Communicate with you regularly to provide updates on your case.
- Protect your rights and prevent the defendant, their insurer, and their lawyers from taking advantage of you.
- Complete all paperwork and meet all deadlines.
- Treat you with respect, compassion, and professionalism.
- Serve as an advocate for your interests.
- Walk you through the legal process as your case progresses every step.
You have the right to seek compensation through the legal process, and everyone deserves access to legal representation. A distracted driving car accident lawyer from our firm would consider it a privilege to handle your case.
A Distracted Driving Car Accident Lawyer Works on Contingency in El Paso
Legal representation should be accessible regardless of your financial standing, and we understand if you are hesitant to obtain legal services because of your concerns about cost. But we work on a contingency fee basis so you only pay us if we win your case. You do not have to pay anything upfront, and we also offer complimentary consultations so you can discuss your case with us to see how we can help.
Our firm will be transparent with you about the cost of our services and how payment works, so you never have to worry about hidden fees. You already have enough to worry about; the cost of legal services should not be an additional worry.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Your Lawyer Will Meet The Statute of Limitations in Your Distracted Driving Car Accident Case in El Paso
The statute of limitations to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit in Texas begins the day of the incident and expires in two years, according to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003. You only have a short time to make the decision to seek compensation through the legal process.
Our firm will work to meet the deadline in your case because failing to meet the statute of limitations would cost you the ability to recover compensation by taking the liable party to court. We do not want to see that happen, so we recommend consulting with an attorney as soon as possible after an accident so we can begin building your case.
Consult a Lawyer About Your Distracted Driving Car Accident Case in El Paso Today
Distracted drivers put themselves and everyone else on or near the road at risk. An attorney from Loncar Lyon Jenkins is ready to talk to you about your case so we can determine the damages and calculate the amount of compensation you deserve. We want to help you hold a negligent driver or another liable party accountable for your accident-related losses.
We will fight for you so you and your family can regain a sense of normalcy and move forward. For a free initial consultation, contact us today.