Passenger vehicles like buses and vans play an integral role in the transportation system in El Paso and other cities around the United States. While many people rely on passenger vehicles to go about their daily lives, they can be dangerous if they are not operated in a safe manner.
If you were the victim of a passenger vehicle accident, remember that you do have legal options as a victim. An El Paso passenger vehicle accident lawyer can help you determine if you have a case.
Recoverable Compensation for Victims
Victims like you who choose to file a claim could be eligible for financial compensation. While not every case is successful, compensation for passenger vehicle accidents could include reimbursement for medical expenses, legal fees, and more. You could even receive compensation for property damage and other forms of financial loss that occurred in an accident.
Additionally, some victims recover damages for emotional suffering, punitive damages, and lost income if employment was affected.
An El Paso passenger vehicle accident lawyer can help you determine if you might qualify for compensation depending on the suffering you experienced.
Settlement Payment Structures
Generally, compensation in passenger vehicle accident cases can be paid out in different ways. Payment structures typically are in single payments of an entire awarded sum or in smaller installments that could be paid on a schedule over time.
There are advantages and disadvantages to different payment structures. If you find yourself in a position to recover damages following your passenger vehicle accident, a legal professional can help you sort out the best option for you.
For a free legal consultation with a passenger vehicle accidents lawyer serving El Paso, call 877-239-4878
Contributing Factors to Passenger Vehicle Accidents
In 2019, the Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS) reported over 6.7 million motor vehicle accidents that injured millions and resulted in thousands of tragic fatalities. Many of these accidents involved passenger vehicles. If another party engaged in dangerous behavior that led to your accident, you could have a case. Potential causes of your accident could include one or more of the following:
- Drunk Driving: Drunk driving leads to thousands of accidents around the country annually. If the driver of your passenger vehicle was under the influence of drugs, alcohol, or any impairing substance at the time of your accident, you could have grounds to file a claim.
- Speeding: Speeding increases the risk of accidents, making vehicles harder to maneuver, react to changes in traffic, and creating the potential for high-impact crashes. Speeding could be ruled a form of third-party liability in your case.
- Distractions: With technology becoming increasingly prevalent, distractions on the road are a bigger problem than ever. Drivers using cell phones, navigation systems, and other forms of technology while driving could have been responsible for your suffering. If distracted driving caused your accident, our passenger vehicle accident lawyer in El Paso can help you determine if you have a valid case.
- Breaking Traffic Laws: Traffic laws exist to keep everyone on the road safe. Sadly, sometimes drivers choose to neglect road signs, lane change protocol, speeding laws, and more. Breaking traffic laws could be a form of liability in passenger vehicle accidents.
- Negligence: In many cases, passenger vehicles are operated or managed by outside agencies. These managing entities have a responsibility to provide services that are up to adequate standards. If your driver or the managing entity failed to meet safety standards in any way, this could be a form of negligence. Negligence could be punishable by law and you could be entitled to compensation.
- Lack of Training: Inexperienced drivers or vehicle operators that lack proper training can put you in danger. If a mistake caused your accident, it is possible this was caused by a driver lacking the proper skills or knowledge to safely operate a passenger vehicle.
- Mechanical Failures: Every driver on the road relies on their vehicle to run properly in order to safely get to their destination. Unfortunately, mechanical failures can happen that could lead to harmful passenger vehicle crashes.
Determining At-Fault Parties
Being the victim of an accident does not automatically mean you will be able to recover compensation. You could be required to prove that a third party was liable for your case to be successful.
While the aforementioned causes of accidents could be forms of liability, there are virtually endless ways in which another person, driver, or party may have put you at risk.
A lawyer specializing in passenger vehicle accidents can help you determine if you have a case.
El Paso Passenger Vehicle Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
How an Accident Could Change Your Life
Your accident can have a dramatic impact on your life. You could be suffering from physical injuries, emotional trauma, and financial loss. If you are lucky, you can make a full recovery in a short amount of time. Unfortunately, some forms of loss and suffering can affect you for a longer period of time.
No form of suffering is acceptable in an accident that was not your fault. If you are in pursuit of justice through the legal system, hiring a lawyer could be in your best interest.
Contact our El Paso Passenger Vehicle Accident Attorneys today
Why Many Victims Choose to Hire a Lawyer
There are several different reasons why passenger accident victims like you choose to hire a lawyer while filing a claim. The potential benefits of having a lawyer represent you include but are not limited to:
- A team available to explain each step of the legal process and offer you support during your claim
- Can answer any question that may arise if you are unfamiliar with filing a claim
- Ensure that you are aware of legal deadlines to help keep your case on track and eligible
- Help you understand the type of compensation you could qualify for so that you can begin planning your future
- Assistance with legal paperwork that can save you time and allow you to focus on your recovery
Filing Your Claim in Time
For personal injury claims, like those after suffering passenger vehicle accidents, the statute of limitations could come into play. This means that you have a specific legal window to file your claim following your accident.
You do not want to miss out on your opportunity to file a claim; speaking with our El Paso passenger vehicle accident lawyer can help you determine your filing deadline.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today to Discuss Your El Paso County Case
If you are interested in understanding your options as a victim, the attorneys at Loncar Lyon Jenkins are available to help. Call today for a free, no-obligation consultation.