Despite considerable efforts to improve road safety, many people are hurt in preventable accidents on El Paso roads and highways every year.
If you lost a loved one or were injured in an accident, our law firm can help you seek compensation. You can learn more about how an El Paso rear-end collisions lawyer can help you during a free consultation.
How to Protect Yourself Physically and Financially After a Rear-End Accident
Our lawyers have helped many clients with rear-end collision cases. We understand how being hit by another driver can be a stressful and disorienting experience, especially if you are injured. As such, we have prepared the following advice to help you after you are involved in a rear-end collision.
- If possible, move your vehicle to safety as quickly as possible.
- Check for any injuries you or any passengers may have sustained and call for medical assistance. (Keep in mind, some injuries are not immediately symptomatic, so it is essential to be assessed by a doctor for an accurate diagnosis of any hidden injuries.)
- Contact the local police and report the accident.
- Exchange details with the other driver.
- Gather information at the accident scene such as witness contact details, photographs of any injuries, damage to the vehicles, and accident location.
- Obtain medical treatment.
- Provide basic details (when and where) about the accident to your insurance carrier.
- Contact our El Paso rear-end collisions lawyers to discuss the details of your case for free.
Taking these steps after an accident could help protect your legal rights and provide valuable evidence to support your compensation claim.
For a free legal consultation with a Rear-End Collisions lawyer serving El Paso, call 877-239-4878
Put the Burden of Your Case on Our Shoulders
Being injured by another driver can cause more than physical pain. Your recovery can be affected by the financial strain of being unable to work and the emotional stress that often accompanies traumatic life experiences.
While we cannot undo the harm you have suffered, we can help you shoulder the burden of pursuing compensation. Our clients have found peace of mind by having us manage every aspect of their claim while making the legal process as straightforward as possible.
El Paso Rear-End Collisions Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
Losses You Could Be Compensated For
The compensation you can recover depends on your injuries and losses. When assessing the financial harm you suffered by being injured, many factors must be considered. In general, the amount of money you recover will largely depend on the circumstances of the accident, the severity of your injuries, and the insurance coverage available for losses such as:
- Current and future medical bills and rehabilitation costs
- Current and future lost wages
- Wages lost if your injuries affect your ability to work in the future
- Pain and suffering if your injuries impact your day-to-day life
- Property damage or loss
If the accident caused the tragic loss of a loved one, surviving family members may be able to pursue a wrongful death lawsuit against the at-fault party. Compensation can help pay for losses such as:
- Any medical bills of the decedent before their death
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of guidance and support
- Loss of projected income
- Pain and suffering
Our rear-end collision attorneys can help you build a compensation case and provide an accurate assessment of the value of your claim. This gives you a better idea of what a fair settlement amount could be and if it lines up with what the at-fault insurers are offering. It is worth noting, insurance adjusters rarely open negotiations with their highest offer as the process often involves reviewing an offer and renegotiating until all parties agree.
Contact our El Paso Rear-End Collisions Attorneys today
The Burden of Proof Rests With You
Regrettably, being injured does not automatically mean you can recover compensation. You will need to demonstrate that another driver caused the accident that resulted in your injuries and financial losses. This is known as proving negligence. Negligent behavior behind the wheel can include:
- Driving while intoxicated by alcohol or drugs
- Reckless driving, such as speeding or tailgating
- Distracted driving
There are many different types of driver negligence, too many to list here. Irrespective of the reason, be assured—when another driver’s mistakes hurt you, we can help you prove it by:
- Managing all case administration and communications with insurance companies
- Providing regular updates about case progression and answering client questions
- Investigating the cause of the accident to identify liable parties
- Gathering evidence to build a robust case
- Providing a financial assessment of the full extent of injuries and other related losses
- Arranging independent medical reviews of a client’s injuries
- Reviewing settlement offers
- Negotiating for a fair settlement
- Representing our clients in court when necessary
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Texas Laws That Can Affect Your Right to Pursue Compensation
Per Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, personal injury and wrongful death lawsuits must generally be filed within two years. However, there are exceptions to this rule which can either lengthen or shorten the deadline. As such, we would recommend you seek legal advice as soon as possible to avoid risking your right to pursue compensation.
Per Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 33.001, proportionate responsibility laws could diminish any compensation awarded to you. If a fact finder determines you are at least 51 percent responsible for the accident, you could be barred from any compensation at all. We can help ensure liability is accurately assigned.
When You Are Hurting, Call on the Strong Arm to Be Your Shield
If you lost a loved one or were injured in an accident caused by another road user, the attorneys at Loncar Lyon Jenkins are committed to making things right. We provide most of our personal injury services on a contingency fee basis, meaning you do not have to pay anything unless we obtain compensation for your injuries or the wrongful death of a loved one.
Call (877) 239-4878 to discuss your situation with our responsive team today to review your case.