Tailgating is an aggressive driving behavior that can cause serious rear-end accidents. While drivers may tailgate out of frustration or road rage, it can result in serious injuries for the driver and passengers of the vehicle that gets hit.
If you or a loved one was in a rear-end accident that was caused by a tailgating driver, you should know pursuing compensation for expenses related to your injuries as well as other losses may be an option for you. An El Paso tailgating accident lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins may be able to help you secure a financial settlement seeking maximum compensation. We offer a free case evaluation, allowing us to learn more about your accident and determine the potential of your case. Call in the Strong Arm and contact us today at 877-239-4878.
More Information About Tailgating
The official term for tailgating is “following too closely,” and it is a driving offense because it can cause accidents. Following too closely is illegal, and it is implicated in numerous vehicle accidents in Texas, as stated by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT). In most cases, in rear-end crashes, the driver who hits the vehicle in front of them is considered at-fault.
In many cases, tailgating is associated with aggressive driving, and it can also be accompanied by other dangerous, aggressive actions such as speeding, weaving in and out of traffic, and changing lanes rapidly. When these actions are combined, the chances of causing a rear-end tailgating accident are quite high.
If you have been rear-ended due to a tailgating driver, you may have been seriously injured and dealing with an extensive recovery. For this reason, it may be of consideration to file a claim for financial awards against the other driver to ensure your medical expenses and other subsequent losses are compensated for. Speaking to a legal professional may provide some insight and direction regarding the potential of your case; contact us today at 877-239-4878 to learn more about how an El Paso tailgating accident lawyer may be able to help you.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Possible Injuries Caused by Tailgating Accidents
Tailgating and rear-end car accidents can be very dangerous for the driver and passengers in the vehicle that has been hit. Some of the possible injuries that occur from tailgating accidents include:
- Whiplash and other types of neck injuries
- Injuries to the spinal cord or discs of the spine
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Head injuries
- Internal injuries
- Broken bones
These injuries can range in severity; however, there are times when they will require ongoing treatment and extensive medical care. Furthermore, these injuries can result in very costly medical bills, creating a tremendous burden for the injured party. For this reason, pursuing compensation should be a consideration to ensure you are not left paying out of pocket for these expenses.
Ways an Attorney May Help You After an El Paso Tailgating Accident
An attorney may be able to offer a wide range of support after a rear-end accident caused by a tailgating driver. Here are some of reasons you may want to consider working with a lawyer after an accident that caused injuries:
- Helping determine if you have a case: a lawyer can examine the specifics of your circumstances and your accident to determine if you indeed have a case, how much the value of the case may be, and how to proceed with filing a claim. We will offer guidance, and if you work with us, we will build a case aimed at holding the tailgating driver responsible for the injuries they have caused. Furthermore, we will keep the statute of limitations in mind to ensure you do not exceed the generally allotted timeframe for filing a personal injury case in Texas, which is two years, according to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003.
- Negotiating with insurance companies: a lawyer may help make the process of filing your claim and negotiating a fair settlement much easier on you because they understand how the insurance companies work. If an insurance company attempts to undercut your case’s value by offering a low settlement, your attorney will aim to negotiate a fair settlement that truly takes into account your actual losses and projected expenses you may face in the future related to your accident.
- Saving you time after the accident: after an accident, you may be facing many difficulties in your daily life if you have been injured. You may not have much time to fight for compensation on your own, and with the added necessity of continuous medical appointments, you may be additionally burdened. However, when you work with Loncar Lyon Jenkins, our aim is to ensure you can focus on your recovery and getting your life back in order. We can handle the paperwork, communications, and all legal aspects of your case.
- Working on a contingency-fee-basis: You may be concerned that you do not have the funds to pay for an attorney out of pocket; however, when you work with our legal team, you will pay nothing unless we secure a settlement for you. This ensures you receive the representation you need to pursue compensation without paying anything upfront.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
How the Team of Loncar Lyon Jenkins May Be Able to Help Your Case
If you are interested in pursuing a personal injury claim for your losses after an accident caused by a tailgating driver, an El Paso tailgating accident lawyer may be able to offer assistance.
The legal professionals at Loncar Lyon Jenkins can work to hold the negligent, aggressive driver responsible for the injuries and damages their actions have caused. From collecting evidence that demonstrates their tailgating led to the accident, to identifying the severity of your injuries, we will aim to build a solid case that shows how your quality of life has been impacted. We will fight hard on your behalf and build a case with the intent of pursuing maximum compensation for losses.
If you are dealing with mounting expenses after a tailgating accident that was not your fault, Call in the Strong Arm of Loncar Lyon Jenkins. We want to see you receive the compensation you deserve, and we will work to hold the negligent driver accountable for their actions. Contact our team today at 877-239-4878 to learn more about how we may be able to assist you after a tailgating rear-end accident.