If you or a loved one was a pedestrian who got struck by a vehicle in El Paso, your pedestrian accident lawyer can help you seek compensation. Loncar Lyon Jenkins can offer a free consultation to determine your legal options for pursuing a liable driver.
You may be able to recover the cost of your medical bills and last wages. You may also qualify for non-economic losses, like pain and suffering.
Damages You Can Seek After an El Paso Pedestrian Accident
You may stand to collect a recovery for both economic and non-economic damages. For example, you may seek:
- The cost of your medical bills
- Ongoing medical expenses for any rehabilitation you will continue to require
- Your pain and suffering, which includes your physical anguish, as well as your emotional suffering
- Lost wages if you had to take time off of work to heal
- Reduced earning capacity if your injuries will prevent you from going back to work or working in the same way
- Disfigurement and scarring
- Loss of quality of life
Wrongful Death Damages
If you lost a loved one due to a pedestrian accident in El Paso, we can file a wrongful death claim with the liable party’s insurance provider. If needed, we can also file a wrongful death lawsuit to seek damages.
You may qualify for:
- Funeral and burial costs
- Loss of inheritance for the income your loved one would have provided
- Medical bills from your loved one’s injuries before their passing
- Your loved one’s pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium for the companionship your loved one offered and the services they performed around the house.
No amount of money can bring back your family member, but a settlement or court-awarded offer can help you cope in their absence.
For a free legal consultation with a Pedestrian Accidents lawyer serving El Paso, call 877-239-4878
A Pedestrian Accident May Leave You Severely Injured
Unlike motorists, pedestrians have no form of defense to protect them from the impact of a collision. Resulting injuries can be severe or even fatal, costing a family a fortune in medical expenses.
Some examples of severe pedestrian accident injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI)
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord injury
- Internal bleeding
- Organ damage
- Chronic widespread pain
The nature and severity of these injuries depend on:
- The speed a vehicle was traveling at the time that they struck you
- The angle at which a vehicle struck you
- The way your body was positioned at the time of impact
- Whether you were wearing any sort of safety equipment at the time of the collision
- The type and size of the vehicle that struck you
Your specific injuries, as well as any long-term medical conditions that result, determine the amount of compensation you may stand to recover. Our lawyers can calculate your losses using medical documentation and expert witnesses. This way, you can avoid accepting a settlement that would not fairly cover your injury-related expenses.
El Paso Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
A Lawyer Can Help After Your Accident
A lawyer’s initial responsibility is to assess the facts of your case and use supporting evidence to demonstrate the motorist’s liability. The American Bar Association (ABA) states that a motorist may be responsible for your accident if they failed to exercise reasonable care towards your safety. When we investigate your case, we can:
- Determine how your accident occurred
- Discover if negligence played a role in your accident
- Identify who is responsible for causing your injuries
After identifying the liable party or parties, a lawyer with our firm can:
- Gather evidence for an insurance claim
- Negotiate with insurers for a fair settlement
- File a personal injury lawsuit if an insurer undervalues or denies your claim
- Argue your case for compensation at trial
- Protect your rights or the rights of your loved one
- Handle all paperwork and communications with the liable party
- Keep you up to date on any progress of your case
We advocate for pedestrian accident victims, and we want to hear about your case and see how we can help.
Contact our El Paso Pedestrian Accident Attorneys today
You do Not Have Long to File a Lawsuit
If we cannot reach a fair settlement through negotiations with an insurer, you will want to act quickly to file a lawsuit. The process differs from filing a claim, and the state imposes strict deadlines that begin counting down from the date of the accident.
For example, Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 gives victims two years to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit. In the case of a wrongful death lawsuit, the deadline starts counting down from the date of your loved one’s passing.
If you fail to meet these deadlines, you risk losing your chance to hold a negligent driver liable for your losses. Keep in mind that a lawyer from our firm also needs time to investigate and negotiate with insurers. You will want to give your case as much time as possible, so act quickly.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Affording Legal Representation
We do not want you to worry about how you will afford legal representation after a pedestrian accident in El Paso. You have enough on your plate with your recovery and spending time with your loved ones.
We take cases on a contingency-fee basis. This means we can go to work for you at no upfront cost, and we will not collect our payment unless we secure a settlement or court-awarded offer for you. You can exercise your legal options without having to risk further losses.
Additionally, we offer free consultations to help you see if you have a case and how much it may be worth. You have nothing to lose by taking advantage of this offer. There is no obligation to hire our firm when you call.
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today
Call in the Strong Arm by reaching out to us. Your pedestrian accident lawyer can handle your legal case as you direct your attention towards recovery or coping with the loss of your loved one. We can handle the legal process from beginning to end, whether you are filing an insurance claim or lawsuit.
Do not hesitate to call, as time may be an important factor in whether you are able to pursue a lawsuit. The sooner we hear from you, the sooner we can begin building your case. Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins at (877) 239-4878.