A car accident can cause stomach problems, as you may have suffered one or more injuries causing your pain. These injuries may be quite serious, perhaps even life-threatening. You must get medical attention as soon as possible.
Do not worry about the cost of medical care for your stomach issues. A personal injury lawyer will fight to get money covering all accident-related medical care.
Injuries That Could Cause Stomach Problems After a Car Accident
Every accident victim should seek a detailed diagnosis from one or more medical professionals. If you have any questions about whether you’ve suffered injuries, you owe it to yourself to seek treatment from a doctor.
You may be suffering from one or more injuries commonly associated with car accidents, including:
Healthline explains internal bleeding in your abdominal area can cause several symptoms that may qualify as stomach problems, including:
- Bruising in the stomach area
- Abdominal pain
These symptoms may accompany others, including dizziness, chest pain, and shortness of breath. Such symptoms may indicate you are losing blood internally and must seek immediate medical attention.
Cleveland Clinic specifically cites car accidents as a cause of gastrointestinal (GI) perforation. Having a hole in your GI tract is a potentially life-threatening condition. Stool may leak into your abdomen, contributing to:
- Life-threatening infection
- Internal bleeding
- Blood loss
- Permanent damage to your GI system
- Other serious health complications
If your abdominal region absorbed impact during the accident, GI perforation may explain your stomach problems. Contact with a steering wheel, dashboard, or airbag could cause gastrointestinal perforation.
Injuries Affecting One or More Organs
Your body contains essential and non-essential organs. Injuries to your stomach, kidneys, or other organs in the abdominal region could cause stomach problems.
The journal Current Sports Medicine Reports notes that patients with injuries to their spleen, kidneys, and liver (all in your abdominal area) presented with pain in that region of their bodies. A car accident victim may interpret such pain as stomach pain.
Sepsis and other infections may manifest several symptoms, including stomach problems. Infections can be fatal could also cause symptoms like muscle pain, dizziness, and shortness of breath, per the National Health Service (NHS).
Other injuries or medical conditions may also cause stomach problems, and they may not be the injuries you may suspect.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Get Immediate Medical Help for All Your Undiagnosed Symptoms—Here’s Why
If you have undiagnosed symptoms after a car accident, get medical treatment as soon as possible. Even if you have received medical treatment, do not hesitate to seek medical care if you:
- Have symptoms (including stomach problems) that a medical professional has yet to diagnose
- Your diagnosed symptoms have worsened despite you following a medical professional’s treatment advice
- Your symptoms have not improved despite the medical professional’s indication that they should
Car accident victims endanger their short- and long-term health if they underplay their accident-related injuries, so getting prompt medical treatment is best.
Your Safety Depends on It
Car accidents often put immense force on the body. Do not assume injury symptoms will go away on their own or that mild symptoms mean mild injuries. Severe, even life-threatening injuries can produce mild symptoms at first.
Your safety demands that you err on the side of receiving more medical treatment than you need, rather than less.
Your Financial Recovery May Also Depend on It
Getting medical treatment promptly after your accident may also benefit your case for compensation. When you seek medical treatment for stomach problems and any other accident-related symptoms, you should:
- Ask whether the doctor believes medical imaging may be necessary and suggest you would like imaging done
- Collect medical images taken of your injuries
- Ask for copies of any diagnosis the doctor issues
- Get a clear treatment plan for your injuries (including what your doctor recommends you can do to promote healing)
- Keep receipts and bills for all accident-related medical care
This documentation may be valuable to your claim. You can give this documentation to your attorney from our firm.
I’ve Been Diagnosed With Injuries After a Car Accident – What Should I Do Now?
In addition to receiving medical treatment for accident-related injuries, you may hire an attorney from our firm to fight for your financial recovery. Car accident victims often hire personal injury lawyers because:
- The toll of physical and psychological injuries prevents accident victims from handling their cases
- Personal injury firms (including ours) cover the entire financial cost of the insurance claims and lawsuits they handle—the firm plans to recover these costs by winning your case
- Attorneys offer valuable legal experience that you may not have, as they manage car accident cases for a living
- Attorneys often have paralegals, investigators, experts, and other support that could benefit your case
A lawyer from our team will lead every step of your car accident case, including:
- Gathering evidence of liable parties’ negligence
- Interviewing witnesses and recording their accounts of the car accident
- Hiring experts whose testimony or services will improve your case
- Documenting your damages, including medical care
- Assessing the value of a fair settlement
- Representing you in settlement negotiations
- Taking your case to trial if necessary
Our first mission is protecting you. Our legal team will manage all case-related communications, ensuring that insurers or other liable parties cannot contact you without permission. This way, we can advise you before you make any on-the-record statements.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today for a Free Consultation About Your Car Accident Case
Car accidents may result in serious injuries, including stomach problems, so we encourage you to get diagnoses for all your injury symptoms. You worry about your health while the team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins pursues your financial recovery.
The Strong Arm will fight for the compensation you deserve. Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today for your free consultation. We may face a deadline for filing your case, so we encourage you to contact us as soon as possible.