Although you can get a construction accident settlement without a lawyer, working with one can take away the hassle of negotiating with insurance companies and help you secure the best possible outcome.
A construction accident lawyer from our team will fight for the compensation you need and deserve after you are injured on a construction site. We can recover damages for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
How a Construction Accident Lawyer From Our Firm will Fight for You
Your lawyer will gather evidence, negotiate a settlement, and use their knowledge of personal injury law to fight for the money you need.
Our firm can:
Determine what Led to Your Accident and Injuries
In order to negotiate for the best possible settlement in your case, your lawyer will investigate the circumstances surrounding your accident. They will uncover evidence that can show what happened and who is to blame. Often, this means looking for evidence of negligence.
Negligence is when someone fails to act with the reasonable care expected of another person in the same situation. On a construction site, accidents can be caused by a variety of hazards, including:
- Defective equipment. Malfunctioning pieces of machinery can cause accidents and injuries. This could be either due to poor maintenance or faulty design.
- Falling objects. Falling objects can strike those below, resulting in serious conditions, like traumatic brain injuries (TBIs).
- Exposed wires. These can cause electrocutions.
- Unsecured scaffolding. Falling from a significant height can cause serious injuries for construction workers. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) says that falls are among the leading types of construction accidents.
- Improper training. Sometimes, employers don’t adequately train the employees to use equipment and take overall safety measures. As a result, employees might not know how to act in emergencies.
- Damaged equipment. The employer might not take the take to repair or replace equipment that is damaged or destroyed. This negligence might cause accidents.
Your lawyer will find out what factors contributed to your accident and injuries. From there, they will hold the negligent parties accountable through a personal injury claim or lawsuit.
Negotiate a Settlement on Your Behalf
Once your lawyer has filed your claim, the insurance company will step in. They take on the financial responsibility of the person you are suing, so you will have to negotiate with them for the money you deserve.
Insurance companies want to protect their profits, and they often accomplish this by offering claimants less than they are owed. Fighting for compensation can mean playing phone tag with insurance adjustors, shuffling through paperwork, and dealing with the insurance company’s bureaucracy.
Instead of taking on this task for yourself while you are injured, let your construction accident lawyer negotiate on your behalf. Your lawyer works for your best interests and will apply their experience to get you the best possible settlement.
Fight for Your Rights
If the insurance company refuses to settle for what you are owed, your lawyer will then take your case to trial. There, a judge or jury will have the chance to decide what damages you should be awarded.
Preparing your case for court involves:
- Presenting evidence of negligence
- Filing your case on time
- Communicating with the at-fault party’s legal team
- Completing the discovery phase of your lawsuit
- Interviewing witnesses
Sometimes, insurance companies decide to settle once a trial begins, and other times, your lawsuit will go to completion. This is why an attorney with experience both in the courtroom and at the negotiating table can be helpful in your pursuit of compensation.
For a free legal consultation, call 877-239-4878
Texas has a Statute of Limitations on Construction Accident Cases
The time you have to take action begins from the date of your accident. According to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, you generally have two years from the date of your accident to file your lawsuit.
You could have more or less time to act based on a variety of factors. If you try to get a construction accident settlement without a lawyer, you may not know how long you have to file. This could jeopardize your ability to seek damages.
Bring in the Strong Arm Today
Call in the Strong Arm to guide you through the process of pursuing compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Since 1988, we have been serving injured victims of negligence throughout Texas, recovering hundreds of millions of dollars on their behalf.
Now, let us fight for you. We help people by offering our help on a contingency-fee basis. You do not owe us anything unless your case is resolved. You do not pay our attorney’s fees if we cannot win compensation.
Reach out to Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at (877) 239-4878 to receive your free consultation and learn more about how a construction accident lawyer with our firm can help you.