Your conduct could affect your slip and fall case. This includes any conduct:
- That you were engaged in at the time of your accident
- That you engage in after your accident
You must understand the ramifications of your conduct in your case.
The Impact of Your Conduct at the Time of Your Accident
Your conduct could be relevant to your case. For example, it may be relevant whether:
- You acted in a reasonable manner that did not contribute to you slipping and falling
- You acted in some way that contributed to you slipping and falling
Attorneys for defendants in your case may examine your conduct. They may argue that your conduct is the reason that you slipped and fell. However, you may deserve compensation even if your conduct contributed to your slip and fall accident.
Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 75.002 limits the liability of property owners under certain circumstances. Some behaviors may increase the risk of a slip and fall accident. These include drinking or wearing high heels.
However, property owners remain responsible for maintaining safe premises. As long as your lawyer can prove unsafe premises, you could collect compensation.
For a free legal consultation, call 877-239-4878
The Impact of Your Conduct Following Your Accident
It is not only your conduct at the time of the accident that is of concern. You should also conduct yourself thoughtfully following your slip and fall incident.
Your conduct during a personal injury case could:
- Shift blame for your accident to you
- Make the defendant(s) in your case appear less culpable
- Decrease your chances of obtaining compensation
- Make it more difficult for your lawyer to obtain compensation
Some specific examples of conduct that could negatively affect your case are:
- Making self-harming statements to insurance companies
- Failing to report injuries promptly
- Accepting a quick settlement
The overarching point is that your conduct matters. A lawyer will promote conduct that benefits you and discourages things that could harm your case.
What Compensation Can Come From a Slip and Fall Case?
Should your lawyer effectively plead your case, you may receive compensation for:
- Ambulance transport from the scene of your fall
- Treatment at a hospital
- Follow-up medical treatment
- Lost income
- Lost earning power
- Permanent disability
- Pain and suffering
Our team will review the specific details of your case. This could reveal losses other than those listed here.
How Much Compensation Can a Lawyer Recover for You?
This depends on the specific details of your accident. Our team will conduct all necessary calculations for your case, including:
- Calculation of economic damages (like lost income and medical expenses)
- Calculation of non-economic damages (like pain and suffering)
- Calculation of your total losses
Your lawyer will also pursue documentation for each of your losses. This can include:
- Bills for medical care
- Proof of medical treatment
- Proof of lost income
- Diagnosis by medical professionals
- Any other relevant form of documentation
Calculation of losses is a crucial part of any personal injury case.
Contact our personal injury lawyers today
Why Do Slip and Fall Victims Hire Lawyers?
Slip and fall victims like you may hire a lawyer to oversee an insurance claim or lawsuit. A lawyer may be a valuable asset because:
- You may be reeling from physical injuries
- You may be dealing with psychological trauma
- You have limited experience with legal matters
- You prefer to focus completely on your recovery
There are a variety of reasons to hire our firm for your case.
What Does a Lawyer Do for Slip and Fall Victims?
A lawyer’s overarching goal is to obtain compensation for a slip and fall victim. Within the context of that goal, your lawyer may:
- Gather specific evidence that supports your case
- Obtain witness testimony to support your case
- Hire experts to testify about dangerous premises
- Speak with your doctors to understand your injuries
- Gather documentation of your losses
- Negotiate a settlement
- Complete a trial
A lawyer has another important duty: defending your rights. Lawyers generally protect their clients from insurance companies and other attorneys by:
- Communicating with these parties on your behalf
- Reviewing any official statements that you make so that others cannot misrepresent your words
- Reviewing all compensation offers that you receive
- Informing you of the fairness of all compensation offers
- Providing general guidance
Insurance companies and other attorneys are not on your side. Your lawyer will prevent these parties from violating your rights.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins for a Free Consultation
Call in the Strong Arm to seek full awards after a slip and fall accident. Our firm will fight for every bit of compensation that you deserve. As a full-service firm, we handle all of your legal needs.
Do not wait to call our team. Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 generally allows you two years to file a personal injury or wrongful death case. There can be exceptions, though. So, call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at (877) 239-4878 for a free consultation.
Call or text 877-239-4878 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form