An oilfield accident lawyer can assist in your case by offering legal guidance, calculating your damages, and collecting evidence. Your lawyer will manage all the legal aspects of your case, allowing you to focus on recovering from your oilfield accident.
Many accident victims choose to hire a lawyer because they do not know how to navigate the legal process on their own. Your Dallas oilfield accident lawyer will help you in the following ways:
Offering Legal Guidance
An oilfield accident lawyer provides essential legal guidance, helping you understand your rights under local, state, and federal laws. They explain the legal options available to you and guide you on the best course of action, whether it’s filing an insurance claim, a personal injury lawsuit, or both.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Calculating Your Damages
An oilfield accident lawyer plays a pivotal role in calculating damages for you, ensuring you seek fair compensation for your injuries and losses. They meticulously assess medical expenses, including future medical care, rehabilitation costs, and any necessary long-term treatments. Some of the types of damages you could also recover include:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Lost income
- Reduced earning capacity
- Property damage
- Wrongful death damages, if applicable
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Reduced quality of life
An oilfield accident lawyer is instrumental in collecting evidence to strengthen your case. Your attorney:
- Initiates a thorough investigation to gather crucial information.
- Secures accident reports, eyewitness accounts, and photographic or video evidence from the scene.
- Subpoenas maintenance records of equipment and safety protocols to identify negligence or regulatory violations.
- Collaborates with medical professionals to gather medical records that prove the extent of injuries and their impact on your life.
- Establishes the foundation of the case by linking the accident directly to the negligence that caused your injuries.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Negotiating With Insurance Companies
Dealing with insurance companies can be daunting for individuals. Your personal injury attorney negotiates on your behalf, handling communications and settlement offers. They can counter lowball offers and push for a fair settlement that adequately compensates for the injuries and losses sustained.
Informing You About the Laws That Apply to Your Case
Your lawyer will ensure you’re aware of all the laws that apply to your case. You need to know about your case’s statute of limitations, as this law dictates how long you have to file a personal injury lawsuit.
For example, in Texas, Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 generally gives you two years to file a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit.
Representing You in Court
An oilfield accident lawyer is prepared to take the case to court. They provide representation in legal proceedings, presenting the case effectively to a judge or jury. Their advocacy ensures that your side of the story is heard, aiming for a fair verdict.
Your lawyer can also prepare you and any witnesses for trial so you know what to expect.
Providing Emotional and Psychological Support
Beyond legal assistance, lawyers also provide emotional and psychological support to clients. They understand the stress and trauma that can follow an oilfield accident and offer guidance and reassurance throughout the legal process. This support can be invaluable for you as you navigate the recovery process.
Working With You on a Contingency-Fee Basis
Your Dallas personal injury lawyer can manage your claim for damages without charging you anything upfront. They’ll take your case on a contingency-fee basis, which means you only pay attorney’s fees once your case is won or settled. Then, once they win or settle your case, your lawyer will take an agreed-upon percentage of your compensation as payment for their legal services.
Hiring Expert Witnesses
Oilfield accident lawyers have access to a network of experts, including medical professionals, accident reconstruction experts, and occupational safety specialists. These resources can provide critical insights and testimony to support the client’s case, helping to establish the cause of the accident and the extent of injuries.
Determining the Cause of Your Accident
Oilfield accidents can result from a variety of factors, each posing significant risks to workers. Your lawyer can prove the cause of the accident you suffered. Common causes include:
- Equipment Failure: Malfunctioning or improperly maintained equipment can lead to catastrophic accidents, including blowouts and mechanical failures.
- Human Error: Mistakes due to inadequate training, fatigue, or miscommunication among workers can result in serious incidents.
- Explosions and Fires: Highly flammable gases and liquids present in oilfields increase the risk of explosions and fires.
- Falls: Workers are at risk of falling from heights, such as drilling platforms and rigs, leading to severe injuries.
- Chemical Exposure: Handling toxic chemicals without proper safety measures can cause burns, poisoning, or long-term health issues.
- Vehicle Accidents: Transportation accidents involving trucks and heavy machinery are common, especially in remote oilfield locations.
Proving Who Is Liable for an Oilfield Injury
In oilfield accident cases, determining liability can be complex, with several parties potentially responsible. Your lawyer can prove one of the following liable parties owes you compensation:
- Employer/Oil Company: For failing to maintain a safe working environment or violating safety regulations.
- Equipment Manufacturers: If defective equipment or machinery led to the accident.
- Contractors and Subcontractors: For negligence in their operations that contributed to the accident.
- Maintenance Companies: If improper maintenance of equipment or machinery played a role in the accident.
- Oilfield Owners: For not ensuring the safety of the oilfield premises.
- Fellow Employees: If their negligence or reckless behavior caused the accident.
- Third-Party Vendors: For supplying faulty equipment or failing to provide adequate safety devices.
Contact Loncar Lyon Jenkins to Learn More About Oilfield Accident Cases
Gas industry workers should not have to worry about managing their cases alone after suffering serious injuries. Our legal team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins is here to manage your compensation claim for you. From your consultation to your settlement, we will be by your side throughout your case.
Our law firm provides free initial consultations to all injured gas workers. Call us today to ask any questions or seek legal advice.