Your specific injury will determine how long after an accident you can get whiplash. Mayo Clinic explains that symptoms of whiplash generally emerge within days of an accident. However, each accident victim responds differently to trauma, and your symptoms may take longer to emerge.
What Are the Symptoms of Whiplash?
The National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NINDS) explains that symptoms of whiplash include:
- Neck stiffness
- Neck pain
- Difficulty turning, raising, or lowering your head
- Burning or “prickling” sensations
- Shoulder pain
- Back pain
These symptoms may occur on differing timeframes. You may experience one or more of these symptoms shortly after your accident, and then other symptoms longer after your collision.
You Should Seek Medical Attention Immediately
It is critical that you seek medical attention following your accident. Even if you have already received medical care, you may seek a diagnosis specifically for whiplash. You may seek a diagnosis as quickly as possible because:
- You want to make clear that your whiplash is directly related to your accident
- You want to receive a comprehensive diagnosis of your injuries and symptoms
- Obtaining a diagnosis sooner than later will allow you to better track the duration of your recovery
- You may face deadlines for reporting accident-related injuries
You will need to secure as much healthcare-related documentation as possible. Our firm can help you gather and organize relevant documentation as your case progresses.
How Our Law Firm Can Defend Your Rights After Your Accident
As you receive medical care and prepare to seek compensation, it is important that you protect your rights. Our firm can help you by:
- Helping you arrange treatment for your whiplash
- Explaining what you should and should not say to doctors, insurance companies, and other parties
- Reporting your injuries to the proper authorities
- Dealing with the insurance companies, who may benefit from paying you as little as possible for your claim
- Starting your case for awards, whether through an insurance claim or lawsuit
We will also find out how long after your accident you got whiplash. This may be an important factor in how much compensation you receive.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
How Can Our Firm Assist You Throughout the Recovery Process?
There is no telling how long you will need to recover from your whiplash symptoms. NINDS explains that whiplash may endure for about three months, but your symptoms could last even longer.
Our firm will assist you throughout your treatment, which may include:
- Imaging of your head, neck, and back
- Range of motion exercises
- Physical therapy
- Cervical traction
- Pain medications
- An anti-inflammatory drug regimen
- Other doctor-prescribed measures
You may need occasional or regular observation by a medical professional. Our firm will help you arrange transportation to your appointments, and may help you schedule the appointments themselves.
Our Firm Will Lead Your Claim or Lawsuit
Our firm insists that our clients focus on their health. You should rest, receive treatment, and work to move past your whiplash symptoms. We will handle the insurance and legal aspects of your case.
Our team may serve you by:
- Reaching out to insurance companies: Insurance is a potential source of compensation after a car accident. We will contact insurance companies on your behalf, exploring what settlement they are (or are not) offering.
- Dealing with other attorneys: Attorneys may become involved in your case, particularly if you choose to file a lawsuit. We protect you by handling all interactions with other attorneys.
- Investigating your accident: Our team will speak with witnesses, acquire the police report for your accident, photograph damage to your vehicle, and secure any other evidence related to your accident. Our investigation will help us determine who is liable for your car accident.
- Handling administrative responsibilities: Insurance claims and lawsuits require untold amounts of paperwork, emails, phone calls, and general legwork. We handle all of the day-to-day details of your case.
- Strategizing: Car accident cases take unexpected turns. We will enter your case with a plan, and will actively strategize when circumstances change. Our goal of pursuing fair compensation for you will remain the same.
Our firm must determine whether an insurance claim or a personal injury lawsuit is the most appropriate route for your case. We will discuss such significant decisions with you.
Let Loncar Lyon Jenkins Help You After Your Car Accident
There is no financial risk in hiring our firm. Our consultations are free, and you do not have to pay us anything up front. We receive nothing from you unless we win, in which case we receive a portion of your financial recovery.
Do not wait to hire our team. Statutes like Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 may provide little time for us to file your case. Call in the Strong Arm by calling Loncar Lyon Jenkins today at (877) 239-4878 for a FREE case review.