How much it costs to hire a Dallas motorcycle accident lawyer will depend on the attorney you choose to represent you and how they structure their fees. Many motorcycle accident lawyers, including those with our law firm, take cases on contingency.
With a contingency fee arrangement, you pay nothing up front or out of pocket for legal services. Your attorney’s fees come from a settlement or verdict you recover. If your lawyer does not win your case, they do not get paid.
How Do Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Structure Their Fees?
There are many ways to structure legal fees. How much it costs to hire a motorcycle accident lawyer will depend on the payment type the lawyer or law firm prefers. The following are some of the most common legal fees:
- Consultation fees. Some attorneys will charge a consultation fee to meet with them for the first time to discuss your case and decide whether you want to work together. Our firm’s personal injury lawyers can talk with you during a free consultation about a motorcycle collision case.
- Flat fees. Sometimes, a lawyer will charge a flat fee for their services. This fee is most common when the attorney performs a specific legal task, such as creating a will or filing an uncontested divorce.
- Hourly fees. Hourly fees are as they sound. Lawyers set their hourly rate. At large law firms, the rate for a more senior partner will likely be higher than the fee of a junior associate.
- Retainer fees. A retainer is like a down payment. You pay this fee to secure the lawyer’s services. Usually, the law firm deducts the retainer from your final bill.
- Contingency fees. Most personal injury lawyers charge clients on a contingency fee basis. As mentioned, with this payment structure, you do not owe attorney fees unless and until your legal representative obtains financial compensation for you or your family. Our firm’s motorcycle accident attorneys accept cases on contingency. We never want the cost of a lawyer to stand in the way of seeking economic justice and legal representation.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
What Damages Can a Motorcycle Accident Attorney Help You Recover?
If you or your loved one suffered a motorcycle crash injury because of someone else’s reckless, careless, or wrongful actions, you can seek fair compensation for your economic and non-economic damages. We can pursue the following losses with an auto insurance claim or personal injury lawsuit:
- Medical expenses, including surgeries, hospital stays, doctor’s fees, physical therapy, medical equipment, long-term nursing, and any other current or future medical costs arising from your crash injury.
- Loss of income, benefits, and earnings, including the loss of your future earning capacity if you cannot return to work or perform your previous job because of a permanent or disabling injury.
- Motorcycle repair or replacement costs and the value of other damaged personal property, including stereo equipment, navigation equipment, or safety gear
- Physical pain and suffering
- Emotional and mental anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life or impaired quality of life
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of companionship
- Wrongful death of a loved one, including funeral expenses and burial costs, lost financial support, lost services, lost inheritance, or lost companionship and lost society
You Have a Limited Time to Pursue Motorcycle Accident Compensation
The statute of limitations for filing a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit is two years in Texas, according to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003. This deadline could also affect your insurance liability claims. If you cannot reach a fair and full settlement before time runs out, you may need to file a lawsuit for a claim for damages.
If the deadline passes and you can no longer sue for negligent actions, it could significantly reduce your bargaining power. You could end up with little or no compensation and no option to pursue damages in civil court.
What Does a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Do for Injured Riders?
Many elements go into constructing a robust motorcycle collision case and negotiating an advantageous settlement. The following are tasks a motorcycle accident lawyer with our firm can handle:
- Visiting the scene of the motorcycle crash to take photographs and gather physical evidence
- Obtaining police reports, medical records, and eyewitness testimony
- Hiring and consulting with accident reconstruction specialists and other case experts when needed
- Drafting and filing lawsuits and all related paperwork
- Tracking and adhering to insurance and legal deadlines
- Communicating with insurance providers and other involved parties
- Negotiating for maximum compensation that covers your pocket expenses and future expenses
- Preparing a lawsuit and representing you at trial if necessary
- Providing you with frequent and timely case updates
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
How to Choose the Right Personal Injury Attorney for Your Motorcycle Accident Case
When selecting an attorney to represent you, you have many choices. It may help you to consider the following when deciding who to hire:
- Do they have experience with your type of case? Lawyers and law firms often focus on a specific area of the law, such as divorces or bankruptcies. For a motorcycle accident claim, you will want a personal injury lawyer with experience. Ideally, you want an attorney who handles auto accident lawsuits. Ask any lawyer you consider what area of the law they focus on and ask them to provide you with case results and reviews from previous clients.
- Do you feel good about working with them? You must be able to communicate openly and honestly with your lawyer. Therefore, you should choose an attorney you feel comfortable working with. You also want your lawyer to project compassion, professionalism, and confidence in their ability to handle your legal issue.
- Can you afford their services? You already have the expenses of your wreck to deal with, so it’s understandable to want to know how much it costs to hire a motorcycle accident lawyer. The last thing you need is an overpriced lawyer or the burden of paying out-of-pocket for legal services. As mentioned, we offer our clients a contingency fee agreement. When you work with us, you owe nothing unless and until we win your case.
Contact Loncar Lyon Jenkins for Affordable and Accessible Motorcycle Accident Assistance
A motorcycle accident injury lawyer from Loncar Lyon Jenkins can help you get started on your motorcycle accident insurance claim or lawsuit today with a risk-free, no-cost consultation. You can learn more about the legal process, compensatory awards you could recover, and other matters.
Our legal team never charges upfront or out-of-pocket attorney’s fees to represent injured parties. Instead, we serve personal injury clients on contingency. Contact us today to connect with a lawyer near you and learn more about your legal options.