If a construction site accident caused an injury or illness or if you’ve lost a loved one as a result of such an event, you are likely wondering who you can sue for a construction accident. The answer depends on the circumstances surrounding your accident and can include many third parties.
A construction accident attorney with our firm will be able to review your case, analyze the evidence, and determine the cause of your accident. From there, you can identify liable parties and work to build a successful construction accident case.
Third Party Lawsuits and how They Apply to Your Case
If you’ve been injured or have lost a loved one in a construction site accident, you deserve to be fairly compensated for your damages.
Unfortunately, workers’ compensation benefits often cover the bare minimum and compensate victims for only a portion of their lost wages and medical bills (as it does not acknowledge the victim’s full impact of their injury or illness). In these instances, victims have the legal right to conduct an investigation, identify all liable parties, and file a third-party lawsuit.
Identifying Potentially Liable Parties
- Property and construction site owners who neglect to prevent accidents and injuries by providing reasonable protection for everyone on the site
- Outside contractors and subcontractors, when their employees’ actions either cause or contribute to your injury or a loved one’s death
- Product manufacturers who make and distribute defective tools or machinery that causes injuries
In many cases, legal protection for employers prevents victims from bringing a lawsuit against the employer himself. Thankfully, third-party involvement plays a part in many construction site accidents.
Calculating the Value of Your Case
Workers’ compensation benefits typically cover a portion of your medical expenses, a percentage of your lost income, and some death benefits for families of fatally injured workers.
A third-party lawsuit can recover additional compensation that includes:
- The full extent of your lost income (including diminished earning capacity and lost career advancement opportunities)
- Your pain and suffering (including mental anguish, loss of companionship in instances where fatalities occurred, reduced quality of life, and more)
- Damage to your personal property
- Lost inheritance, companionship, guardianship, and mental anguish (for surviving members of fatally injured victims)
- Pain and suffering endured by your loved one before their wrongful death
Identifying responsible parties and holding them accountable can be challenging. A lawyer with our firm can help guide you through the process to recover the compensation you deserve.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Consult an Attorney on Our Team and Fight for what You Deserve
Seeking legal counsel is a critical first step if you’ve been injured on a construction site and want to know who you can sue for a construction accident. Personal injury and wrongful death cases are complex—and third-party liability claims present their own unique legal challenges.
How an Attorney at Our Firm will Work for You
Your lawyer will accomplish the following tasks for you. They will:
- Handle all communication with the at-fault party and insurance company (including requests for paperwork and documentation, disputes over claims, and more)
- Conduct a comprehensive investigation into the events leading up to your accident to identify all liable parties, gather and preserve evidence, and build a case that effectively demonstrates liability
- Consult experts with relevant industry and medical backgrounds to secure testimony that backs your claim
- Calculate the actual value of your case in a way that reflects both economic and non-economic damages and truly reflects the trauma your family has endured
- File your claim and negotiate for a fair settlement
- Litigate your case in front of a judge – if we cannot reach a fair and full settlement value or the at-fault party’s insurance adjuster disputes your claim.
Don’t lessen your chances of recovering the compensation you and your family need and deserve by going up against insurance adjusters alone. Consult an attorney with state-specific experience to guide you through the process. Your family’s financial future could be on the line.
Recent findings from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) spotlight alarming statistics. Construction site accidents resulted in 20% of all worksite fatalities 2019. We could help if you lost a family member in a similar situation.
Call a Free Consultation with Our Team to get Started
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, our team has built a reputation for not playing games. We stop at nothing to recover fair compensation for families. If you’ve been injured or have lost a family member in a construction site accident, you have legal rights. We consider it our privilege and responsibility to fight for those rights.
The first call is free. From there, we operate on a contingency-fee basis to make our services risk-free for you. We collect nothing until you win your case and receive payment. Call in the Strong Arm.
We’ve represented over 7,000 clients across the state and will travel to any city or town within the state. We understand you need your money as soon as possible and work to make that happen. Call the Loncar Lyon Jenkins team at (877) 239-4878 for a free case review with a member of our team. We will review your case, answer your questions, and guide you in moving forward.