Dallas sits at the head of what the Federal Highway Administration (FHA) calls the “Texas Triangle,” a mega-region linking Fort Worth, San Antonio, Austin, and Houston. Because of the high density of traffic between these areas, serious truck accidents happen weekly.
Despite the frequency, victims of truck accidents have legal options. If you or a loved one suffered harm in a crash, our Dallas truck accident lawyers would fight for financial compensation. Our personal injury attorneys are here to help.
We Make Legal Aid Financially Accessible to Everyone in Dallas
Getting legal counsel isn’t only for wealthy people. We strive to make legal aid accessible to everyone. We take injury cases on a contingency-fee-basis. You don’t pay anything upfront for us to get started on your case.
We only take our payment from the settlement or verdict we win for you. If we can’t settle your case out of court, you won’t owe us any money. And because insurance companies do not pay us, we don’t charge upfront fees.
For a free legal consultation with a Truck Accidents lawyer serving Dallas, call 877-239-4878
You Must File Your Truck Accident Case Within Texas’ Statute Of Limitations
Many local, state and federal laws apply to your case. One of those laws is Texas’s statute of limitations. Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 notes that you generally have two years to file your civil lawsuit.
This is a hard deadline. Even if you file your case a day late, you risk losing the opportunity to pursue damages. When you partner with a personal injury lawyer from our team, we will file your truck accident claim and accompanying paperwork on time.
Dallas Truck Accident Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
We’re Committed to Seeking Compensation for Your Truck Accident Injuries
After a truck accident, you may face permanent impairments and a lifetime of medical care. Severe injuries can also prevent you from returning to work or earning your pre-injury income.
You should not have to shoulder the costs of your injuries. We can pursue recovery from the at-fault trucking company and their insurance provider for the following losses:
- Current medical expenses, such as surgeries, emergency room care, hospitalizations, medications, and doctor’s appointments
- Future medical expenses, such as rehabilitative therapy and in-home aid
- In-home modifications, including wheelchair ramps and widened doorways
- Vehicle repairs
- Lost wages, including benefits, vacation time, sick leave, and bonuses
- Reduced earning capacity for the difference between your pre-injury income and your current earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life or enjoyment of life
- Scarring and disfigurement
We fight for fair compensation so you can get your life back on track.
Contact our Dallas Truck Accident Attorneys today
We Provide Compassionate Legal Aid to Those Who Lost a Loved One in a Fatal Crash
If you lost a loved one to a truck accident in Dallas, we could help you file a wrongful death claim or lawsuit. Though no amount of compensation can make up for your tragic loss, a settlement or verdict can help your family cope in the aftermath. You may recover the following damages:
- Your loved one’s medical bills
- Your loved one’s pain and suffering and mental anguish
- The income your loved one would have continued to provide
- Funeral and burial/cremation costs
- Financial awards for the companionship your loved one provided
- Loss of consortium claims for spouses, partners, children, parents, siblings, grandparents, grandchildren, and other relatives who were close to your loved one
Our attorneys are compassionate and understanding. We’ll listen to your story and explain how we can help. We want you to honor your loved one’s memory – not focus on complex legal matters. That’s our job.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Will Establish Liability for Your Truck Accident
Like passenger vehicle collisions, most truck accidents involve driver error. The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) notes that distracted driving and drowsy driving are two common causes of truck accidents. Both of these things constitute negligence.
To recover compensation, your legal team must prove:
- Another party owed you a duty of care. For instance, all truckers must drive with caution and reasonable prudence while on the road.
- Another party breached their duty of care. This means that another party failed to act with caution or reasonable prudence. So, when a trucker drives while fatigued, this breaches their duty of care.
- The other party caused your accident.
- You suffered harm and related losses, such as medical bills.
Proving Negligence for a Truck Crash Requires Evidence
To prove the four elements of negligence listed above, we can use:
- Traffic camera footage: If there is video evidence of the crash, your attorney can use it to show that the truck driver was speeding or otherwise negligent.
- Medical records: Medical providers will often keep detailed records of your treatment. These records can be used to establish the extent of your injuries.
- The truck’s black box data: The information collected by the truck’s onboard computer system can determine if the commercial driver drove the truck recklessly, the driver was experiencing driver fatigue, or violating traffic laws.
- Trucking industry standards: Industry standards can demonstrate whether the truck was being operated safely.
- Photos and videos of the accident scene: Photos and videos taken at the location of the collision can be used to document the damage to vehicles and property. They also can be used to show the severity of the impact.
- Eyewitness testimony: A witness can testify about what they saw happen before and after the collision. They can also describe the actions of the drivers involved.
- Statements from accident reconstruction specialists: An expert in accident investigation can review the physical evidence and reconstruct the accident using scientific principles.
- Your damage-related invoices, receipts, and billing statements: These documents can be used to substantiate any expenses incurred due to the accident.
- The accident report: The police officer who investigates an accident will write a report documenting the facts of the case. It may include photos and video footage.
- Truck maintenance records: Records kept by the trucking company can help prove that the truck was not operating correctly.
- The driver’s logbook: Driver logs can be used to corroborate the driver’s account of events.
- The truck’s inspection reports: Inspections conducted by the trucking company should be available to prove that the truck was inspected regularly and maintained according to regulations.
To win a personal injury lawsuit against a trucking company, you must have strong evidence showing that the trucking company was negligent. A truck accident lawyer can use many types of evidence to prove negligence. However, some types of evidence are more reliable than others.
Our Truck Accident Lawyers Serving Dallas County Will Pursue Compensation
A lawyer from our firm can handle your claim or lawsuit by:
- Filing a claim with the liable insurance policy
- Arguing your case at trial
- Calculating the compensation you need
- Defending your rights
- Interviewing witnesses
- Applying state, local, and federal laws to your case
The Strong Arm will do everything possible to recover fair compensation for your losses. We will also protect you from bad faith insurance practices. If the insurance company unjustly denies or undervalues your claim, refer it to us.
Your Truck Accident Might Have Resulted in These Injuries
Truck accidents can result in severe injuries. Passenger vehicles are no match for commercial trucks’ size, weight, and speed. As such, you or a loved one may be afflicted with these catastrophic injuries:
- Broken bones: Bones break when subjected to extreme forces. Common broken bones include legs, arms, hands, feet, and ribs.
- Internal bleeding: Internal bleeding occurs when blood vessels rupture inside the body. This type of injury is often fatal if not treated immediately.
- Brain trauma: Brain trauma occurs when the brain suffers blunt force trauma. Traumatic brain injury (TBI) can cause permanent disability or death.
- Loss of limbs: When a limb is severed, it becomes detached from the rest of the body. Loss of limbs can occur in several ways. For example, they can be lost during amputation surgery. They can also be lost due to a truck crash.
- Permanent impairment: A person with permanent impairment has a significant physical limitation caused by an injury.
- Disfigurement: Disfigurement refers to visible signs of injury. For example, scars, burns, disfigurements, and other marks left on the skin after an accident.
- Internal organ damage: Damage to internal organs can lead to serious health problems. Examples include ruptured spleens, damaged livers, and damaged kidneys.
- Burns: Burns are injuries to the skin that leave behind third-degree burns. Third-degree burns are painful and require medical attention.
- Hemorrhages: Hemorrhages are injuries that cause blood loss. Blood loss can be life-threatening.
- Spinal cord injuries: Spinal cord injuries are injuries to the spinal cord. Spinal cord injuries can range from minor to severe. Severe cases can result in paralysis and even death.
- Blindness: Blindness is an injury to the eyes that causes them to lose their ability to see. It can be temporary or permanent.
Many of these injuries prove life-threatening. Regardless of how severe your injuries are, we’re ready to pursue compensation for your losses. We want you to focus on feeling better. The Strong Arm will take care of everything else.
Our Investigation Will Uncover The At-Fault Party
In most cases, the at-fault party in a car accident in Dallas is easy to identify. Knowing who to pursue damages can be much more complicated after a truck accident. You do not have to undertake this process on your own. Our law firm will conduct a comprehensive truck accident investigation on your behalf.
It will prove the negligent party is one or more of the following:
- The truck’s driver: If their actions caused the collision or if the driver is an owner/operator
- The driver’s employer: If their actions (such as improperly loaded cargo) caused the accident or their policies (such as poorly trained drivers) contributed to the accident
- The truck’s manufacturer: If a design flaw or manufacturing error caused the accident
- The manufacturer of the truck’s parts: If flawed or faulty tires, brakes, or other components caused the accident
After identifying the party or parties to hold responsible, we will locate the appropriate insurance provider to pursue a fair settlement. We also ensure your case receives a thoroughly and accurately assessed financial value before the start of any settlement discussions.
Let Our Client-Focused Team Negotiate on Your Behalf
According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), there were over 32,500 commercial vehicle accidents across Texas in 2020. Because these accidents can have multiple causes and contributing factors and multiple at-fault parties, the negotiation process can be challenging on your own.
The negotiation process after a truck accident can be lengthy and tedious. It can also be a frustrating process. Negotiating a settlement typically involves:
- Assigning a value to your case
- Sending a demand letter
- Receiving settlement offers and weighing their appropriateness
- Making appropriate counteroffers
You do not have to handle the details and continual communications involved in the settlement process. Our truck accident lawyers will take these details for you and fight hard for the best possible outcome for your case.
Previous Truck Accident Clients Recommend Our Law Firm to Others
Our law firm works hard to achieve the preferred resolution for each client. When they talk about our client service and support, previous injury victims say the following:
“I was exceptionally impressed with the legal services I received from Loncar Lyon Jenkins…All I knew was that the tractor/trailer ran the light and I received injuries and a totaled car…I highly commend…the firm for the professionalism and for the personal comfort I had dealing with the claims process.” – John Haenftling
“From the initial consultation to the end of case process, the team helped me and understood the situation…They kept me informed of every step in the process and grateful to them for winning my case. Thank you again for your help and everything you do.” – Dora Galvan-Contreras
We never stop fighting for compensation for clients like you injured because of someone else’s negligence. Reviews like these attest to our commitment to ensuring every client we represent feels like a person, not a case file.
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today to See How Our Truck Accident Attorneys Can Help You
You deserve responsive legal representation after suffering injuries or losing a loved one to a truck accident. Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins today.
We provide a free consultation to discuss your legal options and explain how our Dallas truck accident lawyers can help. As noted, specific deadlines may apply to your case, so reach out to us as soon as possible.
Call or text 877-239-4878 or complete a Free Case Evaluation form