Negligence can easily lead to painful accidents and injuries. Whether it is a motor vehicle accident, slip and fall, pool injury, or otherwise, injuries that result from negligence may warrant compensation from a liable party.
If you or a loved one was injured in Fort Worth and you suspect or know that somebody’s negligence played a role, a conversation with our law firm can offer clarity on your legal options. Loncar Lyon Jenkins can provide you with a free consultation and explain how our Fort Worth personal injury lawyers can help.
Potential Compensation for Your Losses
A personal injury case may result in a settlement covering various losses you endured due to your accident. These losses could include your financial expenses related to your injuries and your non-economic losses, such as pain and suffering.
Economic and Non-Economic Losses
If you plan to pursue a personal injury claim, you may also be entitled to awards for your losses. Some of these losses could include:
- Lost income
- Medical expenses stemming from your injury
- Income that you are likely to lose in the future
- Suffering such as mental anguish
- Physical pain
A lawyer for personal injuries can take account of all your losses, assign them a dollar value, and pursue compensation for you based on that figure.
All Practice Areas we serve in Fort Worth
- Hernia Mesh
- Soft Tissue Injury
- Amputation Injury
- Shoulder Injury
- Whiplash Injury
- Paralysis Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Dog Bite
- Slip and Fall Accidents
- Brain Injuries
- Catastrophic Injury
- Construction Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Oilfield Accidents
- Dangerous Drug
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Car Accidents
- DWI Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
For a free legal consultation with a personal injury lawyer serving Fort Worth, call 877-239-4878
Seeking a Recovery After a Wrongful Death
The greatest loss that one can endure is the passing of a loved one. If you have suffered the death of a loved one and a court determines that their death was due to negligence – or you reach a settlement to that effect – then you may be awarded compensation for losses such as:
- The loss of the loved one’s presence may include the comfort they provided as a spouse and the guidance they provided as a parent.
- The loss of past and future earnings that your loved one did not reap because they suffered a fatal injury
- The expense of replacing the services the decedent provided for the family, like cooking, laundry, yard work, taking care of the children, and cleaning and maintaining the house.
- Healthcare costs related to the deceased’s negligence-caused injury
- Funeral and burial expenses
Every case is different. We will explore the full range of potential damages we could seek on your behalf for the loss of your loved one. We treat our wrongful death case clients with compassion and dignity while aggressively going after the party who took away your close relative.
Fort Worth Personal Injury Lawyer Near Me 877-239-4878
How You Can Afford to Hire a Personal Injury Attorney in Fort Worth
Most people do not have piles of extra money sitting around, particularly after getting injured in an accident or losing a close relative. As a result, many people assume that they cannot afford to have an attorney represent them in their personal injury or wrongful death claim or lawsuit. We handle these cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that you do not pay any upfront legal fees.
We work tirelessly for you throughout the entire case and wait patiently until the end to get paid. We receive a portion of the settlement proceeds or jury award. We do not get paid unless you win. So, it is fair to say that we bet our very paycheck on the strength of your case and the strength of our representation.
Contact our Fort Worth Personal Injury Attorneys today
How Our Personal Injury Lawyers Help Injured Victims
In addition to quantifying and fighting for your losses, a lawyer can serve as your legal representative in matters. This may include:
- Representing you to all involved insurance companies
- Representing you at trial
- Representing you in settlement negotiations
- Representing you in all court appearances
- Representing you in the legal paperwork and documentation that may be required to initiate and complete your lawsuit
- Representing you in all communications with judges, attorneys, and other parties that may be a part of your lawsuit
We can answer your questions and guide you through the complex process of bringing a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
We Will Handle Communications With the Insurance Company
You may be suffering greatly after an accident and have a clear sense that someone else was responsible, but it can be a complicated process to seek compensation. We will fight for you even when the responsible party’s representatives try to challenge or deny your claim.
We will be there to advocate for you when an insurance company:
- Claims that you were more responsible for the accident and injury than you were
- Claims that any gap in your medical treatment means you made your injuries worse
- Claims that you caused the accident, not their client
- Refuses to acknowledge the seriousness of your injuries and the cost of your treatment
- Refuses to admit that their insured caused or contributed to the accident.
We will also advise you whenever an insurance company contacts you or makes a settlement offer. You do not have to deal directly with these negotiations at all. We can deal with the back-and-forth of negotiations for you, present any offers, and tell you when and if a settlement reflects the fair value of your case.
When you hire a personal injury lawyer in Fort Worth to handle your claim, your attorney will deal with the insurance companies. You get peace of mind from knowing that we are handling your legal matters, so you can get the rest you need to get better.
Why Choose Our Personal Injury Law Firm?
You can call in the Strong Arm when you work with our firm. We are proud to serve thousands of families of injury victims in Texas each year. With our range of experience in personal injury law, we can bring our resources to your case and fight for your best possible results.
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, you can expect:
- Free case reviews so that you can learn your legal options at no risk to you
- An attorney that will stay in touch with you digitally or over the phone
- Personalized attention to your case with the reach of a large law firm
- A lawyer that will prepare your case for trial and litigate if necessary
- Contingency-fee based representation with no upfront fees involved
We are dedicated to helping people who get hurt because of the actions of others.
Reviews From Past Clients
We can tell you more about the value we can bring to your case, but we prefer to let our past clients tell you about their experiences.
Former clients have noted on Google Reviews:
- “Attorney William Hymes was very diligent and successful in pursuing what I believed was a hopeless situation. A hit and run accident has changed my ability to work and function normally. Mr. Hymes and his team surprised me 2 1/2 yrs later with a settlement I was not expecting and needed so desperately. They kept me up to date and didn’t give up.” – Mia J.
- “Loncar & Associates did a great job responding to my case in a timely manner. Chad Davis explained the case in-depth without the confusing legalese, and patiently answered all my questions. I was kept informed through the whole process, which I greatly appreciate. The experience exceeds my expectations… I would recommend their service.” – L.
Come find out why our clients are so happy with our legal services.
How do I Know If I Have a Personal Injury Claim?
The American Bar Association (ABA) notes a critical aspect that is central to your personal injury lawsuit: negligence. The ABA explains that a person may be negligent if:
- The person owed you a basic duty of care to keep you reasonably safe.
- They acted in a way that was either “careless,” “thoughtless,” or failed to act in a manner that would have prevented you from suffering foreseeable harm.
- Their negligence caused or contributed to harm to you or your loved one, including injury or death.
- The injury or death led you to experience quantifiable losses. Physical injuries satisfy the requirement of measurable damages.
While these elements may generally outline what makes a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit, more specific acts could qualify as negligence and qualify you to bring forth a lawsuit.
There Is a Limited Amount of Time to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Texas
If you are considering your legal options, keep in mind that there is a limited amount of time to file a lawsuit after an injury accident, per Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003. We can tell you more about how the statute of limitations may affect your case, as there may be some exceptions to this deadline, depending on the details of your situation.
Generally, if you wait more than two years to begin the process of your case, you could lose your chance to seek compensation from the responsible party. The sooner you get started, the more time you give your legal team to build a strong case.
Injuries You Could Be Facing After a Negligent Accident
These different types of accidents may produce different injuries. Some of the most serious injuries that may come from a negligent act and could prove fatal include:
- Traumatic brain injury, which could occur alongside other serious injuries such as a fractured skull
- Broken bones
- Spinal cord injury
- Injuries to your vital organs
- Tendon or ligament injuries
- Internal bleeding, which can occur in critical parts of the body, such as the brain
- Torn rotator cuff
- Dislocated joints
The specific injuries you or your loved one suffered and the potentially negligent acts that led to those injuries may be important considerations if you choose to pursue a lawsuit. One of our personal injury lawyers can explain your options based on the specifics of your case during an initial consultation.
Even if you had seemingly minor injuries from the accident, you might have long-term impairment or complications. For example, someone with diabetes might have to undergo an amputation because a wound does not heal properly.
A person with arthritis might face a lifetime of pain and reduced range of motion after a so-called minor injury. We will explore how your injuries impacted your life.
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins Today for Your Free Case Review
You do not have to be harmed any longer by the effects of someone else’s negligence. We can help you hold the responsible party accountable and seek the compensation you deserve to heal and move on from your accident.
Call Loncar Lyon Jenkins or fill out our online contact form today to learn more about the value of having one of our Fort Worth personal injury lawyers by your side throughout the claims process or during a lawsuit.