When a drunk driver causes an accident, you could suffer serious injuries and vehicle damage. If you or a loved one got hurt in a driving while intoxicated (DWI) accident, our Fort Worth car accident lawyer can seek damages on your behalf. Our Texas-based legal team will document your injuries and their related expenses.
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, our familiarity with state and local law means we can build a strong personal injury case. Our Fort Worth DWI accident lawyer will investigate your accident and collect evidence that supports your account of events. Your initial case review is free. We will explain your rights and explore every avenue of financial compensation.
Financial Recovery Available After a Fort Worth, Texas DWI Accident
A car accident’s financial consequences are immediate and far-reaching. Our legal team will help work to recover them. We will create a detailed list of the damages you can seek after a DWI accident, including:
- Emergency and ongoing medical bills
- Current and future loss of income
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Property damage or destruction
- Diminished property value
- Impairment and disfigurement
- Ongoing pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional distress
- Impaired quality of life
Wrongful Death Actions
Our law firm also can file a wrongful death lawsuit for families who lost a loved one in a DWI accident. We will also take on the insurance company and fight for the compensation you need and deserve. Our Fort Worth wrongful death attorney aims to obtain the best possible financial outcome for you.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Texas’ Statute of Limitations for Fort Worth DWI Accident Cases
Texas law limits the time you have to file your lawsuit after a car accident. In general, Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 gives you two years to file your personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit.
The statute of limitations filing deadline in a DWI accident can be hard to meet on your own, especially when you are trying to heal from your accident. If you do not file your lawsuit on time, you could lose the legal right to file it. That means the sooner you get our law firm involved in your case, the better.
How Our DWI Accident Attorney Advocates for Injury Victims and Their Families
According to Texas Penal Code § 49.04, a person commits an offense if they are intoxicated while operating a motor vehicle in a public place. On your own, it can be hard to prove the blood alcohol concentration (BAC) level of the intoxicated driver who caused your accident.
Generally, a non-commercial driver aged 21 and older is legally intoxicated in Texas when their BAC is 0.08%. Still, the legal limit can change depending on the driver’s situation and circumstances. For example, the legal alcohol limit for licensed commercial drivers is lower at 0.04%. Different laws can apply if the driver is a minor, as Texas is a zero-tolerance state for underage drinking. Our DWI accident lawyer serving Fort Worth can request proof of their blood test or a breath or urine analysis.
We will also manage communications with the insurance company so that you can focus on your recovery without the back-and-forth that happens after these accidents. To get the insurance company to pay for your drunk driving accident, we will:
- Investigate your accident to determine what happened and identify all at-fault parties
- Gather physical evidence and documents
- Handle all case-related communication
- Interview lay and expert witnesses
- Clarify legal and insurance language
- Negotiate a fair and appropriate settlement
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we will give you ongoing updates as your case develops. Because we understand the limitations your injuries can impose on you, we will also meet with you virtually if you cannot come to our offices.
Resolving Your Fort Worth DWI Accident With a Settlement Versus a Trial
When our drunk driving accident attorney handles your Fort Worth injury case, we will explain every phase of your case. We also will explain what happens when you go to court for a car accident, it is likely that your case won’t make it to trial. Most personal injury cases are settled out of court, so we will also review the settlement process since this is the most likely way your case will be resolved. In most cases, we will:
- Investigate your accident
- Document your financial and non-financial damages
- Send a demand letter
- Field settlement offers
- Negotiate with counteroffers
Once we reach a settlement agreement, the insurance company has a limited time to compensate you accordingly. Our law firm receives financial compensation when you do. If you do not recover damages, you will owe us nothing for our legal services.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Our DWI Attorneys Will Work to Prove the Cause of the Fort Worth DWI Accident
We aim to compile a range of evidence that proves negligence so we can build the strongest compensation case possible. That means proving its components—duty of care, breach of duty, causation, and damages. We prove these elements with:
- A police report about the car accident, including field sobriety test results, law enforcement’s observations, and the name and contact information of witnesses police officers talked to
- Imagery that captured the before, during, and aftermath of the accident, including traffic camera and dashcam footage
- Lay and expert witness testimonials, including eyewitnesses, accident reconstruction specialists, medical experts, and first responder reports
You deserve the time to focus on your physical and emotional recovery. While you take care of yourself and your family, our personal injury attorneys will focus on building the strongest possible case for you.
Evidence We Collect to Prove the Value of Your Fort Worth DWI Accident Case
The case file we can build will include evidence establishing the monetary value of your financial recovery. Our case assessment team will track down and obtain your:
- Medical bills, including a written prognosis that documents the cost of care you will require from a fair settlement.
- Job and salary history records that prove the value of lost income you suffered due to your injuries and throughout your recovery.
- Bills or estimates for repairing or replacing your damaged vehicle if declared a total loss.
- Miscellaneous bills that could easily be overlooked, including ambulance bills, prescription records, and rental car receipts.
We include all this evidence with the demand letter we craft for you. Along with proof of negligence, it can help you steer your case toward a monetary settlement and away from a potentially lengthy trial.
Get Help From Our Attorneys After a DWI Accident in Fort Worth, TX – Free Legal Consultation
If a drunk driver caused an accident and you or someone you love suffered injuries, our Fort Worth DWI accident lawyer can take legal action on your behalf and demand fair compensation to cover your damages. Our entire team will get behind your fight for financial recovery from the liable party.
Let us take on the insurance company and leave the hard work of building your case to us. Find out more today by contacting our consultation team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins today.