Recovering damages after an intoxicated driver causes an accident is not a cut-and-dried process. Instead, it can quickly become complicated, requiring a potentially lengthy and complex investigation. However, our Denton DWI accident lawyer will investigate your accident and prove the at-fault driver’s condition.
So, if you or someone you love sustained injuries in a drunk driving accident, our Denton car accident lawyer will help you build a strong case for financial compensation and take on the insurance company to recover fair and appropriate damages. We can help you recoup your medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Damages You Can Recover From a Negligent DWI Car Accident in Denton, Texas
First, you should call your insurance company after a DWI car accident—especially if you have optional personal injury protection (PIP) coverage as part of your policy. Per Texas Insurance Code § 1952.151, PIP coverage will cover many of your expenses following a driving while intoxicated (DWI) accident.
Moreover, the financial burden of your DWI crash should fall on the at-fault driver. Thus, we will request additional or uncovered damages that might include the following:
- Current and future medical bills
- Current and future income loss
- Diminished earning capacity
- Property damage, loss, or diminishment
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Limiting disabilities and disfigurement
- Wrongful death damages, if applicable
Although courts rarely award punitive damages after a drunk driving accident, you could recover them if our investigation shows gross negligence or misconduct by the drunk driver. In addition, we’ll carefully document your recoverable damages to avoid having your case undervalued or underpaid. Finally, we’ll collect compelling evidence of the monetary value of your compensation request.
Put Our DWI Car Accident Lawyer to Work on Your Case Right Away
Your civil lawsuit in Denton has a filing deadline that you must meet. According to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, you generally have two years to comply with the personal injury or wrongful death statute of limitations.
You must file your lawsuit on time or risk forfeiting your right to file it. However, meeting the filing deadline can be more complicated than you think since the applicable date can vary. Therefore, the best way to determine the precise filing deadline in your case is to let our car accident lawyer handle it for you.
We Represent DWI Accident Victims in Denton, TX, on a Contingency Fee Basis
We designed our fee structure to meet two critical goals:
- Filing your insurance claim or lawsuit right away.
- Limiting the risk you face of further monetary harm.
Therefore, you can pursue DWI compensation at no upfront or out-of-pocket cost while avoiding a potentially costly filing delay. Instead, we cover all the expenses related to building your case and only receive payment if we win compensation for you. If you do not get financial recovery, you owe us nothing.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
What It Means to Be a DWI Accident Client at Loncar Lyon Jenkins
The Loncar Lyon Jenkins team knows how stressful it can be to deal with the legal aftermath of a car accident. Thus, when our law firm handles your case, we aim to make the process easier for you.
Our DWI accident lawyer serving Denton can help you maximize your personal injury settlement by taking the following steps to strengthen your case:
- Compiling evidence and documents that prove your case.
- Calculating the monetary value of your damages.
- Proving the at-fault driver’s negligence and intoxication.
- Canvassing for accident photos and video footage.
- Handling all verbal, written, and electronic communication with insurance adjusters and defense counsel.
- Responding promptly to your case-related questions and concerns.
- Negotiating an appropriate financial settlement.
- Arguing your case at trial if necessary.
Our team members also provide you with ongoing updates on the progress of your case. We get to work immediately to obtain the financial compensation you need and deserve.
The Role of Negligence in Recovering Damages After a Denton DWI Accident
The at-fault driver in your car accident case may deny their intoxicated state when the accident occurred. If the other driver denies liability, our investigative team will document the elements of negligence that prove financial liability:
- Duty of care: The responsibility to drive safely.
- Breach of duty: Failure to meet their legal obligation by driving while intoxicated.
- Causation: The actions that caused the crash.
- Damages: The accident’s financial consequences on you and your family.
Drug or alcohol impairment can render a driver unable to make decisions or exercise sound judgment. A driver is impaired if their blood alcohol concentration (BAC) exceeds the legal limit of .08 set by Texas Penal Code § 49.02(B). Our investigation will uncover any BAC or field sobriety tests that support your case.
Our DWI Car Accident Attorney Will Build a Comprehensive Evidence File
In addition to obtaining the at-fault driver’s BAC test results, we will collect other evidence that establishes the cause and costs of your accident. The evidence file we build might include the following:
- Car accident report, including notes, diagrams, and police-generated photos.
- Medical, rehab, and therapy records and bills, including a written prognosis.
- Photos and videos from passersby, dashcams, traffic cams, and security cameras.
- Witness statements, including lay and expert witnesses and medical specialists.
Our law firm will not ask you or your family to obtain evidence. Instead, we handle this daunting and time-consuming task so you can focus on your physical and emotional recovery. Finally, we also organize your case file and submit it to the insurance provider in an organized fashion.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Get Help From Our DWI Accident Team in Denton, Texas
If you or a loved one sustained injury in a drunk driving accident, our Denton DWI accident lawyer will help you recover appropriate damages. We will handle every detail of your case from start to finish and fight for the best possible outcome.
Contact our consultation team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins today to learn more about obtaining financial recovery after a DWI accident.