Were you or someone you love involved in a driving under the influence (DUI) accident in Texas? If so, the driver was under 21 years of age, which could complicate the process of recovering the compensation you need to maintain your physical and financial health.
However, our Denton car accident lawyer knows how problematic it can be to recover damages when the vehicle’s driver is underage or not the owner. Our Denton DUI accident lawyer will handle every detail of your case, including dealing with the insurer. With our guidance and support, you can have your car repaired or replaced, your medical bills covered, and more.
Our DUI Car Accident Lawyer Will Prove the At-Fault Driver Was Intoxicated
Proving another driver was intoxicated after an accident can be challenging. However, Texas Penal Code § 106.041 defines driving under the influence of alcohol by a minor, reserving DUI charges for drivers 21 and younger.
So, rather than having to show the driver had a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) of .08 or higher, our team must only show the underage driver had any detectable alcohol in their system. Thus, our DUI accident lawyer serving Denton will take these steps to establish the underage driver is your accident was under the influence:
- Request the results of BAC tests
- Document the age of the driver
- Reconstruct the details of the accident
Additional Evidence Our Car Accident Attorney Collects for Your Denton Case
Proof of the driver’s BAC is just one form of evidence we collect for your case file. During your free, no-obligation consultation, we’ll also explain the evidence you need to prove negligence, which can include the following:
- Your car accident report: It will contain details about the driver’s condition and the investigating officer’s observations.
- Your medical records and bills: They will document your injuries, their cause and severity, and how much you’ve had to pay out due to the crash. Your therapy and rehab records and written prognosis from your medical team will also attest to your pain and suffering and its extent.
- Photos and video footage: Our investigation will uncover any smartphone, traffic camera, security, or other imagery that supports your case.
- Witness statements: These include eyewitnesses to the collision and testimony from medical and other experts.
We also gather evidence establishing your recoverable damages and their value. This portion of your case file will include proof of your income and the costs of repairing or replacing your car.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Recoverable Damages for Victims of a DUI Accident In Denton, Texas
A car accident can leave you with mounting bills you cannot afford because you’re unable to work. Thus, our legal team will document and assess your recoverable economic damages, including the following:
- Property damage or loss
- Diminished property value
- Past and future medical bills
- Treatment-related travel costs
- Assistive medical devices
- Lost income
- Loss of future earning ability
Noneconomic damages can be more challenging to document. However, our law firm will place a monetary value on the following intangible damages:
- Physically disabling or disfiguring injuries
- Ongoing pain and suffering
- Mental and emotional anguish
- Loss of enjoyment of life
If the accident resulted in the death of a family member, you can also recover wrongful death damages.
Our DUI Accident Lawyer Will Take All Necessary Steps to Recover Damages
At Loncar Lyon Jenkins, we will never stop fighting for financial recovery for you. No matter what damages your family incurred due to the DUI crash, our legal team will create a carefully detailed list of your post-accident expenses to avoid having your case undervalued or underpaid.
However, recovering damages after an underage DUI accident can be complicated. Sometimes, it involves many small details that can be challenging to manage alone. Instead, let our law office take all these steps to strengthen your case:
- Determine which insurance company insures the car involved in the accident.
- Establish who purchased the policy on the vehicle.
- Compile proof of the driver’s intoxication and its role in causing the crash.
- Clarify legal and insurance language, jargon, and laws related to your case.
- Handle all case-related paperwork and communication—verbal, written, and virtual.
We also handle settlement talks, including fielding offers and making appropriate counteroffers. In addition, we will handle insurance claim forms and other documentation related to your case. Finally, we’ll even help you explore compensation options if the drunk driver is uninsured.
How Texas’ Statute of Limitations Affects Your DUI Accident Case
According to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, you have two years to file your lawsuit after a car accident. However, the statute of limitations—filing deadline—can vary based on several factors. For example, was your child injured in the crash? If so, that could affect how long you have to file.
You must still meet the filing deadline, even with all the potential exceptions. However, when our DUI car accident lawyer represents you, we take time to accurately interpret the statute of limitations and help you avoid the costly outcome of filing your lawsuit after it’s passed.
877-239-4878Available 24/7 | 356 Days | se habla español
Our DUI Accident Lawyer Accepts Your Denton Case on a Contingency-Fee Basis
You could take on the at-fault driver and their insurance company by yourself. However, doing so could be risky. So, why forego legal guidance and support for your claim when our law firm will accept your case on a contingency fee basis? We will:
- Cover all the upfront expenses of building your case.
- Consult relevant medical and car accident experts.
- Only receive compensation if we obtain it for you.
Hiring our law firm is risk-free and can help you streamline an otherwise complicated case. Moreover, you will owe us no legal or attorney’s fees if you or your family do not recover a monetary award.
Get Your Free Denton DUI Accident Consultation Now
If you or someone you love sustained injuries in a DUI accident, our law firm could help you seek damages. Our Denton DUI accident lawyer will deal with the insurance company and adjuster. In addition, we could meet virtually if you cannot come to our offices.
Find out how you can focus on improving while we care for everything else by contacting the consultation team at Loncar Lyon Jenkins today.